Free Agent Offensive Linemen?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
200.gif

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Rams & Titans Could Be Options For Free Agent RT Joe Barksdale
8 mins ago Rams, Titans 0 Comments 438 Views

Update:

Adam Caplan reports that the Rams are still interested in re-signing free agent RT Joe Barksdale.

• According to Caplan, some teams view Barksdale as the best available right tackle in this year’s market.
  • Jim Thomas previously mentions that the Rams could bring back Barksdale, given that he may have over estimated his market value.
The Titans could get involved in the coming days, so it looks like his market could be picking up.

———-

Terry McCormick reports that free agent RT Joe Barksdale is a potential option for the Titans to consider in the coming days.

The Titans released veteran OT Michael Oher earlier in the offeason and long-time LT Michael Rooselected to retire, so there’s no question that they could use another offensive tackle.

Tennessee has been extremely active today in getting players under contract, which means this could be something to keep an eye on over the weekend.

Barksdale, 27, seemed like he was in a position to have a decent free agent market. However, there has been very little buzz about him since free agency got underway on Tuesday.

Obviously, this could change in the coming days now that we’re currently in the second wave of free agency.

Last year, Barksdale appeared in all 16 games for the Rams and placed a total of 1031 snaps. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 48 offensive tackle out of 84 qualifying players.

We have Barksdale listed as the No. 76 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
The kid said he wanted to be here, if he wants to chase the money and play in TN have at it, it's not like he's the best ever, just the best available.
I hope we get him back but like Sam he has to be willing to deal with us.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Can G/C Dan Connolly still play?

PFF suggests not. His grade at G of -22.4 in only 630 G snaps is epically bad. That includes a pass protect grade of -20.8. He's worse on a per snap basis that Davin Joseph.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
PFF suggests not. His grade at G of -22.4 in only 630 G snaps is epically bad. That includes a pass protect grade of -20.8. He's worse on a per snap basis that Davin Joseph.
Thanks for the numbers, but i'm not much of a believer in PFF. Especially where it concerns 5 linemen working up front.

Was just wondering if maybe someone local to NE had a chance to watch him play. @Boston Ram ?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the numbers, but i'm not much of a believer in PFF. Especially where it concerns 5 linemen working up front.

Was just wondering if maybe someone local to NE had a chance to watch him play. @Boston Ram ?

Connelly is a tough one. He bounced around early in the season and struggled like the whole team did. NE sat him for 2 weeks because of a bad neck and foot. When he returned they put him at G and Stork at C and things started to come together for the line and the offense.

Connelly was "Joseph" bad early on but played very well the 2nd half of the year. Injuries could of contributed to the bad play.

He is a smart versatile player who by all accounts NE wants back. It's tough to eval their line because they are not asked to do too much. After week 4 they stopped 5-7 step drops and Brady was back to 3 step drops and getting rid of the ball quickly.

I always like Connelly, smart tough player. I think his best days are behind him, he has been dealing with a lot of nagging injuries. He would be a good depth guy IMO. He can play all the interior positions equally well. He could spot start at any of them and be effective but I would be nervous if was being counted on to lock down one of the interior spots and there was no plan B.

Hope this helps

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That's pretty freakin' bad

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Amazing how much a vet QB with a quick release can cover for a bad line.

Agreed! Sometimes the OL shouldn't get all the blame for all the sacks. A QB making quick decisions and early releases sure can make their OL look much better!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
As long as you have an all world TE to dump the ball to and make YAC you don't need much time to throw.

fearsomefour

Legend
Agreed! Sometimes the OL shouldn't get all the blame for all the sacks. A QB making quick decisions and early releases sure can make their OL look much better!
This is a good part of the reason I don't think the Whiners line was as bad as many thought last year. A guy like Brady or Rogers who can buy time in the pocket and quickly get rid of the ball protects himself and a bad line, a guy like Peyton who just refuses to deal with pressure by throwing the ball away can protect their stats, a guy like Kap who has no feel for moving or sliding in the pocket and has a hard time keeping his eyes downfield create a lot of sacks.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'd like the rams to pick up Vladimir DuCasse for a depth player signing
11 career starts...Im not familiar with him at all. Is there something specific you like about his game?
Adding one "high" profile FA like Wiz and adding a guy or two like DuCasse is what I would expect the Rams to do. I would much rather bring in a guy or two like this than a guy like Joseph who is clearly past his prime. I also wouldn't mind the Rams bringing Jake Long back on the cheap as a depth T.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Does New Orleans have any o - lineman the Rams would want? Seems to be a buyer's market down there.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it was reported this morning somewhere around $11-13 mil.

If that is true then I hope they spend that on a couple of offensive linemen and then move on to the Draft!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I am now seeing anywhere from $10-11 ... but that is still enough. We just can't (and don't want to) overpay.