Free Agent Offensive Linemen?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Now that the Rams have completed a totally stunning (at least in my eyes!) trade are there any thoughts, news or rumors of them going after any FA Offensive Linemen? I was really hoping for Stefen Wisniewski but it sounds like he might be leaning toward signing with Tampa Bay? Are there any other good FA OL (Justin Blalock, etc) that the Rams should be targeting? Now that they got their QB (Foles) they need some offensive linemen to protect him!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Our best hope is getting Barksdale back. I'm not holding my breath on Wisniewski. Though to be fair, apparently no player is linked to the rams. Tho JT says to look out for Akeem Ayers. All the good o lineman are taken. Wis and Barks are the last two. Unless Blalock is still available.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
C boilings is still available still ex Bengal OG

TexasRam

Legend
Here are the Free Agent Oline options:

Offensive Tackles1. Bryan Bulaga (Re-signed 5-year, $33.75M deal with GB)
2. Doug Free (Re-signed 3-year, $15M deal with DAL)
3. Derek Newton (Re-signed 5-year, $26.5M deal with HOU)
4. King Dunlap (Re-signed 4-year, $28M deal with SD)
5. Joe Barksdale
6. Byron Bell
7. Jason Fox (Re-signed 2-year, $2.5M deal with MIA)
8. Jermey Parnell (Agreed to 5-year, $32M deal with JAX)
9. Jake Long
10. Anthony Collins
11. Ryan Harris
12. Joe Reitz (Re-signed 3-year, $9M deal with IND)
13. Eric Winston (Re-signed undisclosed deal with CIN)
14. Tyler Polumbus
15. Corey Hilliard
16. Marshall Newhouse (Signed 2-year, $3M deal with NYG)
17. Michael Oher (Signed 2-year, $7M deal with CAR)
18. Erik Pears
19. Byron Stingily
20. Garry Williams
21. Ben Ijalana
22. Chris Hairston
Guards/Centers

1. Mike Iupati (Agreed to 5-year, $40M deal with ARZ)
2. Orlando Franklin (Agreed to 5-year, $35.5M deal with SD)
3. Rodney Hudson (Agreed to 5-year, $44.5M deal with OAK)
4. Stefen Wisniewski
5. Clint Boling (Re-signed undisclosed deal with CIN)
6. Chris Myers
7. Justin Blalock
8. Todd Herremans (Signed 1-year, $2.25M deal with IND)
9. James Carpenter (Agreed to four-year, $19M deal with NYJ)
10. Brian De La Puente
11. Rob Sims
12. Will Montgomery
13. Scott Wells
14. Dominic Raiola
15. Jonathan Goodwin
16. Willie Colon
17. Mike Pollak
18. Charlie Johnson
19. Joe Berger (Re-signed 2-year, $2.155M deal with MIN)
20. Dan Connolly
21. Shelley Smith
22. Samson Satele
23. A.Q. Shipley
24. Paul Fanaika
25. J.D. Walton
26. Adam Snyder
27. Davin Joseph
28. Chad Rinehart

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Resign Barksdale and sign Blalock. Then all that is needed is a center, and they could draft one or maybe they feel Rhaney is their guy. They will be able to go BPA in the draft. It worked out pretty well last season.

They did show interest in Max Garcia at the Senior. bowl and he looked like the best Center there from practice reports. He is projected to go later in he draft.

I like Erving of course. Hope Snead and Fisher do too.

I am confused by the interest in Ayers. There doesn't seem to be a spot for him on the team. I wonder how they use him. I don't suspect he will be signing to be a backup.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
No need to go nuts in FA. Would be great if they could sign Barksdale and a vet for the interior. In looking at the draft there is good value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds for OG's and IMO this is the year to draft a C. Really like the c's this year

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
We already have the highest graded C from the last few years drafts on our roster in Barrett Jones, I'd be happy to pickup de la Puente as an option at C, Resign Barksdale, sign Blalock and draft Oline high in the draft

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I am of the mind that we should build the best offensive line possible not put a body here and a body there so we only have to draft one. If we feel that Wisniewski is a huge upgrade over what we have on the team then we should pony up and pay him. We shouldn't just sign a veteran guard (Ala Davin joeseph). And yes I'm OK with spending money and draft picks on building an oline that can run block and pass block in this division.

Go Rams......... ;)

Shuie3225

Starter
We already have the highest graded C from the last few years drafts on our roster in Barrett Jones, I'd be happy to pickup de la Puente as an option at C, Resign Barksdale, sign Blalock and draft Oline high in the draft

What are you taking about man? We picked Jones in the 4th or 5th round so please explain how he was the "highest graded center" from the last few drafts. Maybe he got the best grades out of all the other centers. Like academics. GPA. As a pro he has shown NOTHING to even warrant a roster spot anymore IMO.

He has been garbage the games he barely played and was not good enough or didn't have enough strength to compete at the position at the pro level. He couldn't beat out the worst center in the league last year statistically. Let's be real bro..Barrett is trash and needs to find a new career and soon.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here are the Free Agent Oline options:

Offensive Tackles1. Bryan Bulaga (Re-signed 5-year, $33.75M deal with GB)
2. Doug Free (Re-signed 3-year, $15M deal with DAL)
3. Derek Newton (Re-signed 5-year, $26.5M deal with HOU)
4. King Dunlap (Re-signed 4-year, $28M deal with SD)
5. Joe Barksdale
6. Byron Bell
7. Jason Fox (Re-signed 2-year, $2.5M deal with MIA)
8. Jermey Parnell (Agreed to 5-year, $32M deal with JAX)
9. Jake Long
10. Anthony Collins
11. Ryan Harris
12. Joe Reitz (Re-signed 3-year, $9M deal with IND)
13. Eric Winston (Re-signed undisclosed deal with CIN)
14. Tyler Polumbus
15. Corey Hilliard
16. Marshall Newhouse (Signed 2-year, $3M deal with NYG)
17. Michael Oher (Signed 2-year, $7M deal with CAR)
18. Erik Pears
19. Byron Stingily
20. Garry Williams
21. Ben Ijalana
22. Chris Hairston
Guards/Centers

1. Mike Iupati (Agreed to 5-year, $40M deal with ARZ)
2. Orlando Franklin (Agreed to 5-year, $35.5M deal with SD)
3. Rodney Hudson (Agreed to 5-year, $44.5M deal with OAK)
4. Stefen Wisniewski
5. Clint Boling (Re-signed undisclosed deal with CIN)
6. Chris Myers
7. Justin Blalock
8. Todd Herremans (Signed 1-year, $2.25M deal with IND)
9. James Carpenter (Agreed to four-year, $19M deal with NYJ)
10. Brian De La Puente
11. Rob Sims
12. Will Montgomery
13. Scott Wells
14. Dominic Raiola
15. Jonathan Goodwin
16. Willie Colon
17. Mike Pollak
18. Charlie Johnson
19. Joe Berger (Re-signed 2-year, $2.155M deal with MIN)
20. Dan Connolly
21. Shelley Smith
22. Samson Satele
23. A.Q. Shipley
24. Paul Fanaika
25. J.D. Walton
26. Adam Snyder
27. Davin Joseph
28. Chad Rinehart

Great Information! Thanks!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I want all of the lineman

tumblr_lraso8OpIj1qcqugio4_250.gif

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Ugh what a terrible list, the rams have cap space now spend it! I dont care what it takes they have to sign Wisniewski, it would be nice to either sign Blalock or Barksdale but awesome to get both.

Athos

Legend
Blalock, Barks, and Wiz are the only ones left that mean a damn?

Damn.

Get two of them please.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
What are you taking about man? We picked Jones in the 4th or 5th round so please explain how he was the "highest graded center" from the last few drafts. Maybe he got the best grades out of all the other centers. Like academics. GPA. As a pro he has shown NOTHING to even warrant a roster spot anymore IMO.

He has been garbage the games he barely played and was not good enough or didn't have enough strength to compete at the position at the pro level. He couldn't beat out the worst center in the league last year statistically. Let's be real bro..Barrett is trash and needs to find a new career and soon.

Thanks for your response, Jones slipped down the draft because of injury, pure and simple. Our o-line was garbage for most of the time last year, so go figure..

Jones won All-American honors at centre, right guard and left tackle, according to NFLDraftScout.com, Jones was the top-ranked guard and 16th-best overall prospect in the draft...

CBS Sports
"Rarely does a technically-refined offensive lineman earn top billing at a university with such tradition of producing flashy athletes at virtually every position, but in the case of do-everything Jones, the honor is well deserved."

NFL.COM DRAFT - GRADE - 85.1
BOTTOM LINE 2012 Rimington and 2011 Outland Trophy winner has played every spot on the line while helping the Tide win three BCS championships in the last four years. Has spent most of his time on the interior, which is where he projects best in the NFL. While not the strongest or most athletic lineman, Jones’ versatility, intelligence and high character should get him penciled in at guard or center for the next decade in the NFL.

Charlie Campbell from Walter Football
A smart and versatile Lineman, Jones excelled at Guard, Tackle and Center for the Crimson Tide. He is an excellent technician. His hand placement and knee bend are picture perfect. There is no doubt that Jones has done a superb job of developing his technique... Jones is rock steady in pass protection. He is quick and shuffles his feet with speed rushers while having the powerful base to stand up bull rushers... As a run blocker, Jones has the strength to push defensive linemen around at the point of attack. He is a good drive blocker to be a power-man blocker with the mobility to hit blocks on the second level. Jones could fit as a zone blocker or in a power-man blocking scheme as a pro.

Ohh and this from the Denver Broncos
A highly intelligent, high character technician like Barrett Jones would definitely be a Top-6 Offensive Lineman for the Denver Broncos if they select him. There isn’t a whole lot to dislike about Jones, with the exception of his strength, which surely can be addressed. He already outsmarts his opponents with excellent technique and that is the biggest difference for college players making the jump to the Pros. I would nab him in the 2nd round in a heartbeat, but I’m not so sure he will make it to where Denver’s pick lies.