Free agency 2024 off season look ahead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Terrible name but oh well. We have a draft thread why not a free agent one.

A lot of us are thinking we really need another edge rusher. Most of us would like somebody in free agency for the more immediate impact that most rookies provide, aside from first round picks. That said here's a list from spotrac

A few names to me

Danielle Hunter - Personally not interested. He wants huge money and he's a major liability in the run game.

Za'Darius Smith - Serviceable vet but not imo a huge help.

Josh Allen - Pipe dream but he would be my main target. Great pass rusher and good in run defense. I've seen him a few times in pass coverage too and he's good enough there. Target #1 for me.

Rashan Gary - Might be a sneaky good addition he's come on lately but not sure he's the best option. Injury issues?

Montez Sweat - Could be another guy like Floyd and Fowler that play better here with our coaching.

Josh Uche - Don't know much about him but he was stellar last year as a situational pass rusher, didn't start a game the previous couple years in New England.

Just some names to think about. I think Burns and probably Allen will be very expensive in free agency and I think Allen gets tagged but I like him a lot more than Burns so he'll be my #1 target right now.

Later CB and NT :)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Spend the money and go get Brian Burns if he isn't franchised.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
scared iron man GIF

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Burns and Allen? Not a bad comedy duo but don't think they have much left in the tank to bring pressure off the edge anymore. Never know though.
That dang Geritol works wonders I hear......

~ArkyRamsFan~

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Chase Young's available, isn't he? I think he could be a solid player for us at a cheapter price than Sweat.

Also? Please, for the love of fate, will we promote Tyler Johnson? He can't be any worse than Jefferson.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get laitu latu in some horns next year and he and Byron Young will be the edge rushers of the future.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Rams ability to open up a TON of money next year and the quality of this year's draft class just pushes me to conclude that they should absolutely trade for Jonathan Taylor.
I can only imagine what another draft class like this, plus Taylor, plus even one ELITE free agent on defense would do for this team.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
The Rams ability to open up a TON of money next year and the quality of this year's draft class just pushes me to conclude that they should absolutely trade for Jonathan Taylor.
I can only imagine what another draft class like this, plus Taylor, plus even one ELITE free agent on defense would do for this team.
I think JT would absolutely transcend our Offense. Back to the Gurley days.. JT, Stafford Kupp and Puka/Tutu and Higs would be SIIICK.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think JT would absolutely transcend our Offense. Back to the Gurley days.. JT, Stafford Kupp and Puka/Tutu and Higs would be SIIICK.
Absolutely.

He will punish defenses in the run game and caught 40 balls in 21. This Rams offense is already good.. Taylor would turbocharge that mother.