Freakin' Hurricanes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

brokeu91 said:
Shaky said:
tv pictures and clips doesn't even do it justice until you see whats going on with your own eyes. I can't explain how all this makes me feel. I've been in this area my whole life 51 years. Every place at the shore that I love is gone. I just can't even see how they can get it back like it was before.

On a good note I just found out that a good friend that lives right on the ocean front in Seaside is alive. I was so worried about him.
I'm sorry to hear you guys got hit so hard. I'm glad you were able to find your friend though. Do you guys have power/water/shelter? Keep safe.

we got all power back friday at 9pm. I'm a little worried about a nor easter thats going to hit NJ tomorrow.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shaky said:
brokeu91 said:
Shaky said:
tv pictures and clips doesn't even do it justice until you see whats going on with your own eyes. I can't explain how all this makes me feel. I've been in this area my whole life 51 years. Every place at the shore that I love is gone. I just can't even see how they can get it back like it was before.

On a good note I just found out that a good friend that lives right on the ocean front in Seaside is alive. I was so worried about him.
I'm sorry to hear you guys got hit so hard. I'm glad you were able to find your friend though. Do you guys have power/water/shelter? Keep safe.

we got all power back friday at 9pm. I'm a little worried about a nor easter thats going to hit NJ tomorrow.
Yeah, I'm worried about it too, since it's scheduled to hit us up here as well. Stay safe, I hope you guys don't get hit too hard.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hi Shakey, still OK after the Nor'Easter?

Shaky

brokeu91 said:

I just got my power back on this morning from that storm. I have about ten snapped trees from that one.

electric is really cool :bg: when everything you have in the house including water is run by it.

I can flush now :tooth:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Shaky said:
brokeu91 said:

I just got my power back on this morning from that storm. I have about ten snapped trees from that one.

electric is really cool :bg: when everything you have in the house including water is run by it.

Good to hear Andy.

Funny how the simple things can be so satisfying.

My good friend who lives in NY right next to the horse track (the one where they have the triple crown race) just got his power back too. Said he was without for like 13 days.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Shaky said:
brokeu91 said:

Good to hear Andy.

Funny how the simple things can be so satisfying.

My good friend who lives in NY right next to the horse track (the one where they have the triple crown race) just got his power back too. Said he was without for like 13 days.
I remember being without power for 22 days. During the summer. I don't know what would be worse. Being hot as shit for 22 days, or trying to get warm for 22 days. There's nothing you can do to cool down when you're trying to sleep, and I'd imagine trying to get warm in 20 degree weather would be just as difficult. All the same though, I think I'd rather be cold and wrapped up in 20 blankets as opposed to laying on the tile floor in my shorts while sweating. That was just the worst.