Freakin' Hurricanes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I had lived in the Midwest my entire life. I move out to New England and then bam, hurricane. This year, bam, hurricane. Right now I still have power. I hate hurricanes.

Anyone else on the East Coast, stay safe.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
I had lived in the Midwest my entire life. I move out to New England and then bam, hurricane. This year, bam, hurricane. Right now I still have power. I hate hurricanes.

Anyone else on the East Coast, stay safe.
Well that blows.

yuk yuk

Seriously though. Hope you guys keep your power lines up through this one. Nothing worse than losing power.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hunker Down.

Fucking Sandy jacked up my place in the Bahamas a little. One window broken from a fucking palm frond. Nobody was injured on "my" island though,,, and that's all that really matters.

Stay Safe

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just an update for anyone who cares. We survived the first day. We still have water and power. Thanks to everyone who wished us well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
Just an update for anyone who cares. We survived the first day. We still have water and power. Thanks to everyone who wished us well.
That's great. Not losing power is the best. I've seldom been as lucky.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah ,,, glad to hear you still have power.

You don't realize how dependant we are on power until you go almost 3 weeks without it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:

You don't realize how dependant we are on power until you go almost 3 weeks without it.
Man ain't that the truth.
And driving 75 miles to get gas for your generator and waiting in line 3 hours to fill gas cans.
That's always a fucking joy ride.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I'm in northern Delaware -- Sandy started moving in Sunday night. Some areas within 50 miles of me have had power knocked out, trees dropped, flooding, etc. Worst that happened at my house -- lost HD signal on the local channels last night, and they're back today.

Still, Sandy's presence has allowed me to work from home yesterday & today. Hope everyone else's Sandy experience was equally uneventful.

Y'all be cool...

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Selassie I said:

3 weeks!?! Holy shyte. I went three days last year after Irene and I couldn't stand it. I don't think I would survive that long.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
Selassie I said:

3 weeks!?! Holy shyte. I went three days last year after Irene and I couldn't stand it. I don't think I would survive that long.
Still doing alright there?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
brokeu91 said:
Selassie I said:

Yeah, and what's worse is that we had 3 hurricanes back to back to back that year. We were out of power for about a week on the second one,,, and then 3 weeks on the 3rd.

Brutal.

And as Paul said,,, just finding gas for generators and vehicles can be hard due to the power outages too.

When we were out for the 3 weeks,,, we found out what it was like to live in the Little House On The Prairie days... but we had lots of alcohol. Air conditioning is something that you don't want to live without in the heat and humidity of the FL summer during and after a storm. We got bitten by every bug and spider known to mankind as a result,,, and I hate fucking spiders.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
Selassie I said:

Yeah, we're OK. I think we dodged a bullet. It really hit us much harder south of us. I think we only caught the edge of the storm. There are widespread areas of power outages 10-20 miles south of us, but not much where we live.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
Selassie I said:

Yeah, we're OK. I think we dodged a bullet. It really hit us much harder south of us. I think we only caught the edge of the storm. There are widespread areas of power outages 10-20 miles south of us, but not much where we live.

Good to hear broke91

Shaky

got my power back late friday night. starting to get really cold in the house so it came back right on time. I live in Ocean County 20 minutes west of Seaside. My area is gone.

I go to Seaside all the time. It's so sad down here people are suffering big time.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hope things are gettin better, and not as crazy as the media makes it seem...i.e. the temper of ppl.

Can't imagine anything like this storm.

Shaky

tv pictures and clips doesn't even do it justice until you see whats going on with your own eyes. I can't explain how all this makes me feel. I've been in this area my whole life 51 years. Every place at the shore that I love is gone. I just can't even see how they can get it back like it was before.

On a good note I just found out that a good friend that lives right on the ocean front in Seaside is alive. I was so worried about him.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Shaky said:
tv pictures and clips doesn't even do it justice until you see whats going on with your own eyes. I can't explain how all this makes me feel. I've been in this area my whole life 51 years. Every place at the shore that I love is gone. I just can't even see how they can get it back like it was before.

On a good note I just found out that a good friend that lives right on the ocean front in Seaside is alive. I was so worried about him.
I'm sorry to hear you guys got hit so hard. I'm glad you were able to find your friend though. Do you guys have power/water/shelter? Keep safe.