Fuck these guys. Seriously.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Re: freak these guys. Seriously.

albefree69 said:
Rabid Ram trying for nonviolence:
just rather prove my point through non violence if i can.

iced with a different view:
Yea I don't agree with that. In my experience violence isn't the issue - it's the person. You can be violent but you can also be tame and know when it's appropriate to use it. One reason why I took martial arts - but you are taught more than just a style or a way to defend yourself. You're also taught when and how to use it, but more importantly, how to be respectful and humble. And to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if them going to juvy could potentially have made it worse (it's funny i actually did a speech on adolescent crimes and reconviction rates). I personally think those kids would have learned a bigger lesson gettin' an ass beating instead of going to juvy/jail - which imo, is a college for a criminals. I'm not saying everyone that goes there will be a criminal or continue to be one - people wise up, but those that don't often further their 'education'...

I agree with much of what you say here iced. I have intimate knowledge of this stuff too. Unfortunately.

However I totally agree with Rabid Ram's stuff in blue.

Me too - I used to be like Rabid. Although doing nothing never helped or changed anything in my experiences... As I got older, I figured it out - the last thing a bully expects is someone to stand up...and believe me, a broken nose goes a long way.

And here's a comical view of looking at it (NSFW, language) (key phrase is at 26:30, but to get the rest of it you had to watch it from 23:53 to atleast understand it. up to 27 min mark)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV9zNAvufjY&t=23m53s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV9zNAvufjY&t=23m53s</a>

and yea, i can relate...my mom is from mississippi - was very acquainted with the switch growing up lol..my bro's and sister's were more afraid of mom than dad for that reason lol.

Btw I'm not advocating "Go beat their asses cause they're picking on a mental kid!" - no, standing up for him is right... but you also have a right to defend yourself, and they gave that to you the moment you felt threatened

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Iced i think you misunderstood me i will fight and defend when needed. In this situation with 3 guys clearly bigger then me and a crowd spurning it on i felt it better at that point to be the marter and get it over then fight back and spurn it on further i clearly already knew my ass was kicked but standing back up every time i was knocked down EBERYONE knew they may have beat me physically but never mentally

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22465804/atlanta-radio-hosts-apologize-for-mocking-steve-gleason" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ve-gleason</a>
Gleason accepts apology from the three DJs:
"Regarding the DJ skit in Atlanta yesterday," Gleason wrote on Facebook Tuesday. "I would like to thank the public for their support. 'Defend Team Gleason' now has been officially redefined. Additionally, the DJs have provided genuine apology. Received and accepted. We have all made mistakes in this life. How we learn from our mistakes is the measure of who we are.

"I think everyone can learn from this event. Its clear to me that, on a national & global scale, ALS is not understood, which is part of why its under funded and largely ignored. In the past 36 hours lots of people have been talking. Lets talk about this... There are zero treatments for ALS. If you take any action as a result of this event, I prefer it to be action to end ALS. See what we are doing to change that @ teamgleason.org. SG"

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

albefree69 said:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22465804/atlanta-radio-hosts-apologize-for-mocking-steve-gleason
"Regarding the DJ skit in Atlanta yesterday," Gleason wrote on Facebook Tuesday. "I would like to thank the public for their support. 'Defend Team Gleason' now has been officially redefined. Additionally, the DJs have provided genuine apology. Received and accepted. We have all made mistakes in this life. How we learn from our mistakes is the measure of who we are.

"I think everyone can learn from this event. Its clear to me that, on a national & global scale, ALS is not understood, which is part of why its under funded and largely ignored. In the past 36 hours lots of people have been talking. Lets talk about this... There are zero treatments for ALS. If you take any action as a result of this event, I prefer it to be action to end ALS. See what we are doing to change that @ teamgleason.org. SG"
"tis an ill wind that blows no good"
I read that somewhere, I wrote it down and then I read it

nighttrain

Legend

what they did was less than human. but it's done. Time to move on and forgive, and hope all parties involved learned
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

albefree69 said:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22465804/atlanta-radio-hosts-apologize-for-mocking-steve-gleason

I was just going to post this. Gleason is right everyone can take something away from this. Something positive, and that goes for the dimwit DJ's most of all.

iced

Best thing that could come of this is bringing attention to the ALS disease...which to me is completely shocking that there are no treatments

iced

Rabid Ram said:
Iced i think you misunderstood me i will fight and defend when needed. In this situation with 3 guys clearly bigger then me and a crowd spurning it on i felt it better at that point to be the marter and get it over then fight back and spurn it on further i clearly already knew my ass was kicked but standing back up every time i was knocked down EBERYONE knew they may have beat me physically but never mentally

I just have a different mentality Rabid, if I'm goin then I'm goin swingin'... And if it's 3 on 1 and they don't have the balls to take me 1 on 1, I hope they're wearing cups so I can even out the odds :).

BTW, best way to take down a tree is to chop it down right.... oh and pressure points too ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

albefree69 said:

Well - IMO - Gleason is the ONLY one who has the right to forgive these guys. I still think they are useless fucks though. But... moving on.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Thordaddy said:
albefree69 said:

"tis an ill wind that blows no good"
I read that somewhere, I wrote it down and then I read it
Isnt that part of the nfl raiders introduction from way back