Fuck these guys. Seriously.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re: freak these guys. Seriously.

X said:
den-the-coach said:
You really have to wonder sometimes listening to this crap the last time I hit a man was in France back in 1992, but I'm willing to give it a shot again.
Let's go. The last time I jacked someone up was 2010.
I'll take the first shot and you can finish him off.
It really is cowardly to do something like this, and it offends me deeply (for reasons withheld).

Maybe we can invite them to a "party" of sorts. Unfortunately for me it's been too recent. Some 25 year old punk threatened my 17 year old son and then followed him down the street. I actually called the cops and told them where the shit was and I'd give them 20 minutes to get to him before I did. Mind you, the cops were 3 minutes away - tops. It got ugly and it ended up with his face on the sidewalk. Before that it had been probably close to 30 years since I raised a hand against anyone.

The good end of this was that a month or so later, the kid actually came to me at my house and apologized for essentially forcing me to kick his ass. I just told him that what matters to me is what he does going forward and that we all do stupid things.

With all that said, I actually respect this kid more being that he had a physical presence and then actually came to me, asked to talk to me, and then apologized in person. You think these douche bags will do that? I hope so but won't hold my breath.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Stranger said:
I dont even get it. What kind of person thinks this stuff is funny, let alone thinks its appropriate to broadcast on public airways. It doesnt make sense.

Totally agree. It makes no sense at all.
Ratings. Always trying to be the best shock-jock out there. Always trying to one-up the competition, always trying to be the next Howard Stern. That doesn't excuse shit though. One or two of these guys knew they crossed the line, and they just let it happen. This is bullying to the Nth degree, and they got exactly what they deserved. Fired.

I might agree, but, though I'm no fan of shock jocks, could you imagine Lykus, or Howard Stern, or that old douche Imus trying to shock with this kind of shit? This is not shock jock shtyck. Ratings are one thing and I get it. But I can't imagine that this station will soon gain their ratings back even though they handled it by all accounts swiftly and correctly. Hope these A-holes rot in hell and even though they will likely try to change their jock names and persona, I hope this follows them to the gates of hell. Too strong? :sly:

This is fucking appalling thoughts that they just let come out. It's a fine line between these assholes and the guy who steals some 80 year old's purse or kicks the shit out of some hobo for no reason other than that he can.

I know you're pissed too. Thanks for posting it and allowing me my rants. These guys are scum and I think any reasonable person would agree with that. And I'd back your play now and twice on Sundays.

I just still can't believe someone would stoop this low - let alone be put in a position to do so. Kinda boggles my mind to tell the truth.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey - I wonder if this station could actually sue for defaming their name and brand? I get freedom of the press and all but damages are damages. Just a thought.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

X said:
bwdenverram said:
WOW, just sickening that people make fun of someone like that. It's not like they are stupid kids that may not even know any better. These are grown men for crying out loud.
Please save a roundhouse for me Paul. Unreal.
Seriously. Leaving behind the typical message board bravado, I'd absolutely smack this guy on the phone - right in the mouth. And I know you would too. I don't care what people say about unnecessary violence or pacifism. Some people absolutely need to be corrected. And that's the nicest way I can put it.

For sure man, losing a few teeth is most definately in order here.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Im mad but i am more disappointed. Simply knowing that there are people like this in the world makes me sad. The disappointing part is they will never show true remorse for their actions and probably be back to work somewhere else by next month under diff names. Just in the name of ratings. It's sad and sickening sometimes how this world works anymore.

The two who had an idea that it may have crossed the line and did nothing are imo worse then the guy who did it. To stand and watch ANY atrocity and not take action is despicable, cowardly, and down right spineless. They are why bullys get away with shit till a poor tortured soul cracks and shoots up a school because NOBODY had the common decency to even stop and ask if he was ok.

I took an ass whooping in 8th grade from 3 juniors in high school because they wouldnt quit picking on a mentally challenged over weight kid that was my neighbor. So one day i walked him home and i intervened and got there attention on me and told him to leave. They knocked me to the ground 3 different times and each time i stood back up and asked if they were done yet. The third time i got up they asked me what the fuck was wrong with me why am i not fighting back and i said i would rather stand here and take an ass beating then fight a bunch of idiots and show every one around me that i am the better man and stand up for my friends no matter what. Needless to say i had 2 cracked ribs a broken arm broken nose 2 black eyes and a broken toe.

But in the end all three of them were put on juvy and the judge asked why i didnt fight back i simply told her my mom doesn't have insurance and wouldnt be able to afford their medical bills she just smiled and shook her head. I had my integrity and no one ever messed with me or the mentally handicapped kid again.
We actually became really good freinds still keep in contact to this day.

Sorry for the long rant but brought up old feelings.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

Rabid Ram said:
Im mad but i am more disappointed. Simply knowing that there are people like this in the world makes me sad. The disappointing part is they will never show true remorse for their actions and probably be back to work somewhere else by next month under diff names. Just in the name of ratings. It's sad and sickening sometimes how this world works anymore.

The two who had an idea that it may have crossed the line and did nothing are imo worse then the guy who did it. To stand and watch ANY atrocity and not take action is despicable, cowardly, and down right spineless. They are why bullys get away with shit till a poor tortured soul cracks and shoots up a school because NOBODY had the common decency to even stop and ask if he was ok.

I took an ass whooping in 8th grade from 3 juniors in high school because they wouldnt quit picking on a mentally challenged over weight kid that was my neighbor. So one day i walked him home and i intervened and got there attention on me and told him to leave. They knocked me to the ground 3 different times and each time i stood back up and asked if they were done yet. The third time i got up they asked me what the fuck was wrong with me why am i not fighting back and i said i would rather stand here and take an ass beating then fight a bunch of idiots and show every one around me that i am the better man and stand up for my friends no matter what. Needless to say i had 2 cracked ribs a broken arm broken nose 2 black eyes and a broken toe.

But in the end all three of them were put on juvy and the judge asked why i didnt fight back i simply told her my mom doesn't have insurance and wouldnt be able to afford their medical bills she just smiled and shook her head. I had my integrity and no one ever messed with me or the mentally handicapped kid again.

Good man!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Rabid Ram still not crazy after all these years:

The two who had an idea that it may have crossed the line and did nothing are imo worse then the guy who did it. To stand and watch ANY atrocity and not take action is despicable, cowardly, and down right spineless. They are why bullys get away with shyte till a poor tortured soul cracks and shoots up a school because NOBODY had the common decency to even stop and ask if he was ok.

I took an ass whooping in 8th grade from 3 juniors in high school because they wouldnt quit picking on a mentally challenged over weight kid that was my neighbor. So one day i walked him home and i intervened and got there attention on me and told him to leave. They knocked me to the ground 3 different times and each time i stood back up and asked if they were done yet. The third time i got up they asked me what the freak was wrong with me why am i not fighting back and i said i would rather stand here and take an ass beating then fight a bunch of idiots and show every one around me that i am the better man and stand up for my friends no matter what. Needless to say i had 2 cracked ribs a broken arm broken nose 2 black eyes and a broken toe.

I like that story.

And I like you. :notworthy:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Rabid Ram said:

Ya know I share the disgust for these guys everyone else expresses here Rabid, but don't dish on "the world today" THAT these guys lost their jobs is an indication we've progressed. We used to get entertainment from intentionally putting people in wheelchairs and worse.
There was a thread earlier this Spring about Jim Everett and how he lit into Jim Rome,Steve Gleason has lots of friends in the NFL, somethin' tells me the day will come when one of them exacts a little retribution.

nighttrain

Legend

this humor humanity at it's very worst. A complete lack of compassion
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've been thinking about this since X posted it.

Comedians sometimes make fun of handicapped people and it makes me sick when they do. I've changed the channel a few times because of it.

But this is worse, much worse, because this isn't some general thing about someone who is blind, or in a wheel chair or on some level physically or mentally disabled. No it isn't any of that horrible type of thing. It's worse because they attacked a particular person. A real human being. Not an imaginary something they made up to tell a tasteless joke.

This will sound harsh but IMO they cannot be forgiven for this. If they lack the mechanism to feel sympathy that's bad enough, but couple that with the depth of disregard for this guys situation and as far as I am concerned they deserve nothing but the worst this life can give them.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
I've been thinking about this since X posted it.

Comedians sometimes make fun of handicapped people and it makes me sick when they do. I've changed the channel a few times because of it.

But this is worse, much worse, because this isn't some general thing about someone who is blind, or in a wheel chair or on some level physically or mentally disabled. No it isn't any of that horrible type of thing. It's worse because they attacked a particular person. A real human being. Not an imaginary something they made up to tell a tasteless joke.

This will sound harsh but IMO they cannot be forgiven for this. If they lack the mechanism to feel sympathy that's bad enough, but couple that with the depth of disregard for this guys situation and as far as I am concerned they deserve nothing but the worst this life can give them.
So you never laughed at a Helen Keller joke Les?

It was a stupid miscalculation for which they have been punnished but if as you say they "deserve nothing but the worst this life can give them" what do you do to people who go beyond incredible insensitivity.
Measure my angry friend,don't get caught up in the emotion,ALL they did was act like assholes,they come in low but there's a lot lower.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Thordaddy being the voice of moderation:
It was a stupid miscalculation for which they have been punnished but if as you say they "deserve nothing but the worst this life can give them" what do you do to people who go beyond incredible insensitivity.
Measure my angry friend,don't get caught up in the emotion,ALL they did was act like assholes,they come in low but there's a lot lower.

:good1:

Stupid, total lack of class, insensitive and I could go on but lets not get too carried away. They've lost their jobs and it's going to be very hard to get a new one and support their families (who are also innocent) with that on their resume.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Nah Thor this is a character indicator that I can't get past. It's not in my DNA to forgive something so entirely despicable and cruel. This is right down there with torturing animals for fun. There is no getting off of my shit list for some things.

iced

I actually thought it was funny, im one of those few people who has an anything goes sense of humor

However, these guys werent smart airing this . Too many sensitive people and its a politically correct world. Dumb

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
One of them (the guy who played Gleason in the "skit") is still proudly flying his jerkass colors. Some guy by the name of Nick Cellini. Take a gander at this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...lanta-radio-host-calls-station-a-sinking-ship

Fired Atlanta radio host calls station a 'sinking ship'

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: June 18, 2013 at 09:57 a.m.
Updated: June 18, 2013 at 12:21 p.m.

Three Atlanta radio hosts were fired Monday for a senseless skit mocking former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason, who suffers from ALS. Two of the fired hosts expressed deep contrition in the wake of the story.

The other host, Nick Cellini, doesn't seem to understand why he lost his job.

In comments to AccessAtlanta.com, Cellini said it was a "relief" to get fired. While he issued the customary apology, Cellini also said the skit just gave the station an excuse to cut salary and hire a cheaper morning show.

"That station is a sinking ship," Cellini said.

It's not a surprise that Cellini was the one who played the role of Gleason in the failed skit. His colleague, Chris Dimino, on the other hand, showed obvious discomfort while on air during the segment. Dimino, however, didn't step up enough to stop the skit as it happened. He posted a Facebook message late Monday night that is worth reading in full.

"The sheer stupidity of trying to put this as a failed attempt at humor is not lost on me," Dimino wrote. "The words 'Should have known better' mean nothing to me. And shouldn't to you right now."

The rest of the clear-headed, heartfelt message reads like a devastated family man who understands how a few wayward minutes can change a life.

"I hope I get a chance to prove this is not who I want to be," Dimino wrote. "It was and is who 'I am' today, though. That much is not lost on me. I have spent so long not trying to put other people in a bad place because of me. Today I failed miserably."

What a fucking arsehat. This does not excuse the other two at all, but this guy takes it up to a whole new level with those kind of comments. Way to own up to your horrible actions, you fucking wanker.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Thordaddy said:
Rabid Ram said:

The two who had an idea that it may have crossed the line and did nothing are imo worse then the guy who did it. To stand and watch ANY atrocity and not take action is despicable, cowardly, and down right spineless. They are why bullys get away with shyte till a poor tortured soul cracks and shoots up a school because NOBODY had the common decency to even stop and ask if he was ok.

I took an ass whooping in 8th grade from 3 juniors in high school because they wouldnt quit picking on a mentally challenged over weight kid that was my neighbor. So one day i walked him home and i intervened and got there attention on me and told him to leave. They knocked me to the ground 3 different times and each time i stood back up and asked if they were done yet. The third time i got up they asked me what the freak was wrong with me why am i not fighting back and i said i would rather stand here and take an ass beating then fight a bunch of idiots and show every one around me that i am the better man and stand up for my friends no matter what. Needless to say i had 2 cracked ribs a broken arm broken nose 2 black eyes and a broken toe.

Ya know I share the disgust for these guys everyone else expresses here Rabid, but don't dish on "the world today" THAT these guys lost their jobs is an indication we've progressed. We used to get entertainment from intentionally putting people in wheelchairs and worse.
There was a thread earlier this Spring about Jim Everett and how he lit into Jim Rome,Steve Gleason has lots of friends in the NFL, somethin' tells me the day will come when one of them exacts a little retribution.

I disagree i believe we have regressed. Yea they were fired but only because the station was afraid to lose ratings. The apologies from the station owner was a reaction and was nothing more then legal mumbojumbo from a lawyer to soothe the masses no feeling behind it all.

If we have progressed as a civilization why is their less respect and feeling shown for even something as simple as neighbors as there used to be. Or why is it we cant just simply stop to help our fellow motorists anymore with out fear of harm.

Im sorry i was raised old school by my recently deceased grandfather. And i firmly believe that we have lost alot of class and developed a lack of respect for others.

Yes there are exceptions like yall on here, but today is a me first society who speaks and acts before we think more often than not. And dont get me started by the lack of education and laziness this country has developed.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Memento said:
One of them (the guy who played Gleason in the "skit") is still proudly flying his jerkass colors. Some guy by the name of Nick Cellini. Take a gander at this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...lanta-radio-host-calls-station-a-sinking-ship

Fired Atlanta radio host calls station a 'sinking ship'

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: June 18, 2013 at 09:57 a.m.
Updated: June 18, 2013 at 12:21 p.m.

Three Atlanta radio hosts were fired Monday for a senseless skit mocking former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason, who suffers from ALS. Two of the fired hosts expressed deep contrition in the wake of the story.

The other host, Nick Cellini, doesn't seem to understand why he lost his job.

In comments to AccessAtlanta.com, Cellini said it was a "relief" to get fired. While he issued the customary apology, Cellini also said the skit just gave the station an excuse to cut salary and hire a cheaper morning show.

"That station is a sinking ship," Cellini said.

It's not a surprise that Cellini was the one who played the role of Gleason in the failed skit. His colleague, Chris Dimino, on the other hand, showed obvious discomfort while on air during the segment. Dimino, however, didn't step up enough to stop the skit as it happened. He posted a Facebook message late Monday night that is worth reading in full.

"The sheer stupidity of trying to put this as a failed attempt at humor is not lost on me," Dimino wrote. "The words 'Should have known better' mean nothing to me. And shouldn't to you right now."

The rest of the clear-headed, heartfelt message reads like a devastated family man who understands how a few wayward minutes can change a life.

"I hope I get a chance to prove this is not who I want to be," Dimino wrote. "It was and is who 'I am' today, though. That much is not lost on me. I have spent so long not trying to put other people in a bad place because of me. Today I failed miserably."

What a fucking arsehat. This does not excuse the other two at all, but this guy takes it up to a whole new level with those kind of comments. Way to own up to your horrible actions, you fucking wanker.

I hope it hurts like hell when his kids asked "Daddy why did you make fun of that man?"

iced

Rabid Ram said:
but today is a me first society who speaks and acts before we think more often than not.

If this all you've experienced I feel bad for you. Yea I've been at the shitty end of the stick like you, but I've also run into people who helped me through some rough patches.

one common theme I keep finding - the people who have been the bottom or who have had to actually work for something and weren't just given it are often willing to help out/lend a hand...

The problem isn't the people helping - it's the people we've helped. Sometimes those people take advantage, and in some cases completely screw you over. I personally lost over $1500 2 years ago helping a kid get back on his feet - got him a place to stay, helped him get a job, etc.

And dont get me started by the lack of education and laziness this country has developed.

With ya on this. This 'common core' bill that is being passed is a friggin joke. We should not be lowering school standards.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q49NOyJ8fNA[/youtube]

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I have no idea who Steve Gleason is without a Google but judging by the pictures and the YouTube and reading some of the posts its a shame some fucktards would do this. I consider myself a jackass but this is defiantly a whole different low and POS quality that I consider unacceptable. In high school the fights I mostly got into was defending someone getting picked on and more than often that a special needs individual.