Fuck these guys. Seriously.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
AUDIO: ATLANTA SPORTS RADIO STATION MOCKS STEVE GLEASON

Written by Brad Gagnon on 17 June 2013.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/june/audio-atlanta-sports-radio-station-mocks-steve-gleason.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/jun ... eason.html</a>

gleason1.jpg

Thanks to 106.1 The Ticket in New Orleans, we now have full audio of the embarrassing and shameful attempt at a joke that was aired on Atlanta sports radio station 790 The Zone this morning. The segment mocked Steve Gleason, who was a safety for the Saints but now suffers from ALS.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEYfakCgXW4[/youtube]

Gleason can no longer eat, speak or walk on his own, and that was apparently enough for the guys at "Mayhem in the AM" to run with. Who in their right mind would find this funny, let alone appropriate? Those involved have been suspended, and that might only be the tip of the iceberg now that we have the despicable audio.

UPDATE: All three hosts have been fired, per The Zone.

The transcript of the fake knock-knock jokes "Gleason" told during the interview:

Gleason: Knock, knock.

Host: Steve, we do knock-knocks on Thursdays. We don't do it on Mondays.

Gleason: I may not be here on Thursday.

----

Host: Who's here?

Gleason: I

Host: I who?

Gleason: I blame Gregg Williams.

----

Host: Who's there?

Gleason: Smother.

Host: Smother who?

Gleason: Smother me. Do me a favor.

----

Host: Who's there, Steve?

Gleason: I'm

Host: I'm who?

Gleason: I'm going to hell

Host: Yes you are.

[The Ticket]

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: freak these guys. Seriously.

First they were suspended and then they were fired. Deservedly so.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

albefree69 said:
Now they just need an ass-kicking. I volunteer my services.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Apology and Update Regarding This Morning's Mayhem in the AM Program

"We deeply regret the offensive programming that aired this morning on “Mayhem In The AM” on 790 The Zone, related to former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason and his battle with ALS. We suspended the three individuals involved immediately following their comments and have since terminated their employment. 790 The Zone, our owners, sponsors and partners in no way endorse or support this kind of content. We sincerely apologize to Mr. Gleason, his family and all those touched by ALS."

— Rick Mack, 790 The Zone Sr. VP & General Manager

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.790thezone.com/apology.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.790thezone.com/apology.aspx</a>

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

X said:
albefree69 said:

Fuck! I think you're going to have to stand in line. How the FUCK does anyone even for a second think that shit is funny? These guys just shit all over the First Amendment and all normal decency. What the fuck? Really?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

X willing to help:

Volunteerism at its best. We're proud to have you here on your own board. :bowdown:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Disgusting.

Nothing pisses me off more than "people" who have no appreciation for how lucky they are to have their health. Millions of men, women, and children aren't so fortunate.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

You really have to wonder sometimes listening to this crap the last time I hit a man was in France back in 1992, but I'm willing to give it a shot again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

den-the-coach said:
You really have to wonder sometimes listening to this crap the last time I hit a man was in France back in 1992, but I'm willing to give it a shot again.
Let's go. The last time I jacked someone up was 2010.
I'll take the first shot and you can finish him off.
It really is cowardly to do something like this, and it offends me deeply (for reasons withheld).

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

WOW, just sickening that people make fun of someone like that. It's not like they are stupid kids that may not even know any better. These are grown men for crying out loud.
Please save a roundhouse for me Paul. Unreal.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
People will never fail to disappoint. That's the one thing I have taken from this journey.

This is just so sad to read.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

bwdenverram said:
WOW, just sickening that people make fun of someone like that. It's not like they are stupid kids that may not even know any better. These are grown men for crying out loud.
Please save a roundhouse for me Paul. Unreal.
Seriously. Leaving behind the typical message board bravado, I'd absolutely smack this guy on the phone - right in the mouth. And I know you would too. I don't care what people say about unnecessary violence or pacifism. Some people absolutely need to be corrected. And that's the nicest way I can put it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I dont even get it. What kind of person thinks this stuff is funny, let alone thinks its appropriate to broadcast on public airways. It doesnt make sense.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The last person I wanted to hurt this badly was that jack-off shock jock in Arizona who purposely called Darryl Kile's widow to ask her if she had a date. Please save a piece of those three fucking twats for me.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Utterly classless, I hope they never get a well paying job again, just a shameful "joke" to make, not even remotely funny.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The worst part is one of the hosts CLEARLY thought they were crossing the line but he lacked the balls to say, "Yeah, that's enough." That's the worst kind of cowardice. To sit there silently, knowing someone is crossing the line, and let it happen. That's not a man.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

X said:
Seriously. Leaving behind the typical message board bravado, I'd absolutely smack this guy on the phone - right in the mouth. And I know you would too. I don't care what people say about unnecessary violence or pacifism. Some people absolutely need to be corrected. And that's the nicest way I can put it.

Almost exactly (not verbatum) what I said the other day when I had jury duty and they were picking jury members. The attorney asked me if I felt that there was any exception to true self defense or the defense of another threatened by physical harm as a reason to hit someone. I told them, "it really does depend. I have simply been around people who needed to be thumped." Thought sure that would get me out of it but NO. I ended up being picked for a case involving a violent attack that we as jurors took all of 15 seconds to decide. I actually walked into the jury room and said, "look, I really have to get going on business stuff as it is a Friday afternoon and you all know what I do for a living. I don't want to sway anyone's vote but is there honestly anyone here that would think for a second that there is any reasonable doubt?" Guilty.

That being said, these guys need to be thumped.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stranger said:
I dont even get it. What kind of person thinks this stuff is funny, let alone thinks its appropriate to broadcast on public airways. It doesnt make sense.

Totally agree. It makes no sense at all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Stranger said:

Totally agree. It makes no sense at all.
Ratings. Always trying to be the best shock-jock out there. Always trying to one-up the competition, always trying to be the next Howard Stern. That doesn't excuse shit though. One or two of these guys knew they crossed the line, and they just let it happen. This is bullying to the Nth degree, and they got exactly what they deserved. Fired.