FrantikRam Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay/Wade Phillips has me STOKED about Rams football again.

Cut
HB Tre Mason
OG Rodger Saffold
DE Eugene Sims

Re-sign
CB Trumaine Johnson - 5 years $60 million
K Greg Zuerlein - 3 years $9 million
HB Benny Cunningham - 3 years $4.5 million
DT Dominique Easley - RFA Tender

Let Walk
S T.J. McDonald
WR Kenny Britt
QB Case Keenum
WR Brian Quick

Trades
Rams trade Robert Quinn and 4th round compensatory pick (not sure how tradable Quinn is with his salary)
Cowboys trade Round 1 pick 31

Why the Rams do this - Quinn screams sell after this past year. Despite his down year, age is not a factor yet.
Why the Cowboys do this - probably not going to get a player of that potential with this pick - and while people may think Dallas shouldn't be in "win now" mode with their two young players, Dak will prove both a blessing and curse. Since he wasn't a first round pick, Dallas only gets two more cheap years of him; those will be followed by Elliot commanding (likely) the biggest RB contract in NFL history. As weird as it sounds with two rookies, Dallas needs to strike while the iron is hot - one only need look at Seattle for a recent example.

Position changes
Mark Barron to SS

Free Agency

Andrew Whitworth LT - 2 years $25 million - most important thing to get in FA is an upgrade at LT IMO

Melvin Ingram OLB - 4 years $64 million - SPLASH - while it's certainly possible that the Chargers put the franchise tag on Ingram, the impending move to LA coupled with how much players hate the franchise tag makes me think he will hit the market

Pierre Garcon - 3 years $24 million

Demarcus Ware - 1 year $6 million

Glenn Dorsey - cheap, good for 3-4

Vance Walker - ditto

Round 1 pick 31 - Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
I watched nearly every snap of Raekwon's career and he's been impressive from the get go. Fast, smart, instinctive; makes plays in the backfield and plays well in zone coverage. Doesn't always stand out because of the insane talent on Ohio State's defense, but he has been the guy that makes it go

Round 2 pick 5 - TJ Watt OLB Wisconsin

Round 3 pick 5 - Amara Darboh WR Michigan

Round 4 pick 5 - Nico Siragusa G SDSU

Round 5 pick 5 - Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado

Round 6 pick 5 - Xavier Woods SS LA Tech

Round 6 compensatory - Josh Tupou DT Colorado

Round 7 pick 5 - De'Angelo Henderson RB Coastal Carolina

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wouldn't pay $25.mil to a 35 y.o. Whitworth for 2 years as the Rams are not a play-off caliber team yet, it would be different if our new coaching staff and players were at that level right out of the gate, but we have too many holes to fill. I'd key on quality younger players seeking their 2'nd contracts, not guys looking at their last. Can't imagine him coming to a re-building team anyway, probably seeking a consistent play-off team to finish his career with. jmo.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't pay $25.mil to a 35 y.o. Whitworth for 2 years as the Rams are not a play-off caliber team yet, it would be different if our new coaching staff and players were at that level right out of the gate, but we have too many holes to fill. I'd key on quality younger players seeking their 2'nd contracts, not guys looking at their last. Can't imagine him coming to a re-building team anyway, probably seeking a consistent play-off team to finish his career with. jmo.

That's fair. For me, he seems like one of those guys that will have to choose between money and being on a contender. But I don't think there are a ton of teams in better shape than we are that can promise him a starting job.

It's a bit of an overpay, but I'm just being realistic, and I would do this in a heartbeat to protect our young QB better and bridge to our LT of the future - whomever that may be.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a lot of good here. There are also some things I don't like.

I'm not keen on trading Quinn. I don't think McMillan is enough of a get to justify moving Quinn.

I also am not a fan of giving Melvin Ingram $16 million a year. Melvin isn't a good enough pass rusher to warrant that sort of money. He's a good all-around player. I'd love to have him on this team. But he's a $10 million to $11 million a year type of guy (see Bruce Irvin's contract).

If we're handing out a contract like that, I'd rather give it to Kawann Short. Make him, Donald, and Brockers our DL. I think he's the best all-around defensive player in this FA class and more of an impact pass rusher than Melvin Ingram.

I'm good with Melvin Ingram, but it would have to be at a cheaper price.

Don't have any real complaints aside from that.

ausmurp

Starter
I like it. But if Alshon hits FA we better make him the highest paid WR in the NFL. Replace Ingram with Alshon and this is perfect.

TexasRam

Legend
I'm not making a LB the highest paid player on our team when our offense is dead last.

All my money is going to Oline and a WR