FrantikRam mock draft - Vita Vea

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offseason:

Cut: Tavon Austin, Mark Barron

Re-sign:

Trumaine Johnson - 4 years $48 million
LaMarcus Joyner - 5 years $40 million
NRC - 3 years $15 million
Sammy Watkins - 3 years $30 million (Sammy takes this as an extended "prove it" contract so that he can cash in when he's still young after this contract is over)
Cody Davis
John Sullivan
Tyrunn Walker
Dominique Easley
Jake McQuaid

Extend - Aaron Donald - 6 years $120 million

Free agents:

Todd Davis ILB - many have addressed why this makes sense

***This would take some cap magic by Snead/Devaney, but I think they can do it. Maybe restructure Quinn if needed

TRADE: Rams trade 1st, 2019 1st, 2019 3rd for the Bears first round pick (pick 11) - Bears do this because they can pick up a WR later in the first round and need to accumulate more talent. The Rams do this because..

Round 1 pick 11 - Vita Vea - the piece that takes the Rams defense from "really good" to "super bowl". McVay/Snead have already shown the willingness to sacrifice premium picks to make the team better with the Watkins trade - this makes too much sense IMO. Rams will be strapped cap-wise for a few years after this, so foregoing a first round pick in 2019 to get a better player might be the best move the team has to make. Many will probably scoff at the idea of trading a future first round pick, but the Rams in the perfect situation to do so - by bringing back most of the pieces, they're built to last

Round 3 - Billy Price, G/C Ohio State - good depth and get our future center

Round 4 - Jamarco Jones T - needs work in pass pro, but a solid developmental T for us. Might not be a LT in the NFL, but provides solid depth

Picks 5-7 - BPA to build depth - don't know too much about the later round prospects right now, but this is what I would do so far

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good work! Love the first round NT and free agency. I’m not however a fan of trading up especially at the cost of next years first. I’ve seen a lot of mocks also that have us taking Price, just in the first round. This time of year the rounds we guess on people always are adjusted up and down so we’ll see how it shakes out.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Billy Price is the best center prospect in this class, and he's probably going late first/early second.

Other than that? I can get behind this.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trading a two first round picks for a NT? No, especially not in this year's class. The FA and re-signings are very realistic, though. Good job with those.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
yeah, the trade had me scratching my head....like the player tho. In fact, all great picks...

No way we re-sign all those FA's.....

Not cool with trading/cutting Barron.....

Nice work....interesting way you fixed some key issues of depth and strength up the middle of the defense....still wanna corner.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Vea would be awesome, but after watching Tim Settle's tape.... I think he's faster than Vea & almost as strong. I'm thinking he may not be there in the 3rd, but maybe I'm just over-valuing NT's - after about 85 picks, how many NT's will be left? Payne & Vea will be gone, but who else?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd say chances of moving up for any player is very low. More like is that Snead moves down and adds another round 3 pick, due to the way the strengths of this draft match our needs so nicely.

It's going to be tough though, tbh. Because we're going to have a very, very nice defensive player group sitting there at 23 when we're up.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Offseason:

Cut: Tavon Austin, Mark Barron

Re-sign:

Trumaine Johnson - 4 years $48 million
LaMarcus Joyner - 5 years $40 million
NRC - 3 years $15 million
Sammy Watkins - 3 years $30 million (Sammy takes this as an extended "prove it" contract so that he can cash in when he's still young after this contract is over)
Cody Davis
John Sullivan
Tyrunn Walker
Dominique Easley
Jake McQuaid

Extend - Aaron Donald - 6 years $120 million

Free agents:

Todd Davis ILB - many have addressed why this makes sense

***This would take some cap magic by Snead/Devaney, but I think they can do it. Maybe restructure Quinn if needed

TRADE: Rams trade 1st, 2019 1st, 2019 3rd for the Bears first round pick (pick 11) - Bears do this because they can pick up a WR later in the first round and need to accumulate more talent. The Rams do this because..

Round 1 pick 11 - Vita Vea - the piece that takes the Rams defense from "really good" to "super bowl". McVay/Snead have already shown the willingness to sacrifice premium picks to make the team better with the Watkins trade - this makes too much sense IMO. Rams will be strapped cap-wise for a few years after this, so foregoing a first round pick in 2019 to get a better player might be the best move the team has to make. Many will probably scoff at the idea of trading a future first round pick, but the Rams in the perfect situation to do so - by bringing back most of the pieces, they're built to last

Round 3 - Billy Price, G/C Ohio State - good depth and get our future center

Round 4 - Jamarco Jones T - needs work in pass pro, but a solid developmental T for us. Might not be a LT in the NFL, but provides solid depth

Picks 5-7 - BPA to build depth - don't know too much about the later round prospects right now, but this is what I would do so far
I love the idea of getting Vita Vea, But I don't know about paying this^ kind of price!!