Frank Gore: I can still play, have to see who wants me

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This guy is a machine. I don’t know what he has going on genetically, but I hope his wife is an athlete and they have children.

If they have a son... draft that boy.

———

Frank Gore: I can still play, have to see who wants me

After the Bills were knocked out of the playoffs by the Texans, running back Frank Gore said that he would take some time before deciding if he wanted to extend his playing career to a 16th season.

It appears Gore has moved closer to making that decision. During an interview with Chris Simms from Miami, Gore said he feels good physically and just needs to find a good fit to continue his career.

“I’m going to wait til March and see what team really wants me,” Gore said. “I still feel good. I know I still can play. It’s just gotta be right.”

The South Florida native wouldn’t mind playing for the hometown team. Gore spent the 2018 season with the Dolphins and said this week, via the Miami Herald, that he “would love if [Dolphins General Manager Chris Grier] would bring me back” for a second tour of duty with the team.

Ram65

Legend

Amazing long time career. I can't believe he wants to play another year. I haven't seen much of him lately to know if he is worth giving a roster spot to. Certainly not on the Rams.
1580583900428.png

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If he's cheap enough he's a thousand times more reliable than Brown.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams need 4 RBs on the roster. At least 3 of them need to be able to block and catch out of the backfield. Gore would seem to fit, though there's a good chance he will be too pricey. If they trust the current top 3 could go with a late rounder or udfa, but we all know that he will take a season before really being trusted.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The real reason Frank Gore wants to keep playing...
Capture.JPG

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Barry Sanders ran for 1500 yards per season. Loved watching that guy run the ball. Best rb i ever saw play the game.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Other than Bettis yes.
Just to be clear, you're suggesting that Frank Gore is better than Walter Payton? Not sure why I used a question mark. That is what your statement means. I really hope that's not what you intended.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just to be clear, you're suggesting that Frank Gore is better than Walter Payton? Not sure why I used a question mark. That is what your statement means. I really hope that's not what you intended.

No he said he'd take every other rb before gore except bettis.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
No he said he'd take every other rb before gore except bettis.

No.

Hobb Goblin asked if it was wrong to want to take every other RB on the list before Gore. Les said yes, it was wrong, except for Bettis.

I'm sure Les meant what you're saying (I hope anyway) but we've all had crazy ass opinions before. This is like a "yes we have no bananas" type sentence structure scenario.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Running back is definitely “one of those positions” looking at a stat line like total yards is really interesting.

Yes, the yard totals look similar...

But how each of these players accumulated them... totally different!

Really cool... Something to appreciate in each of them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No.

Hobb Goblin asked if it was wrong to want to take every other RB on the list before Gore. Les said yes, it was wrong, except for Bettis.

I'm sure Les meant what you're saying (I hope anyway) but we've all had crazy ass opinions before. This is like a "yes we have no bananas" type sentence structure scenario.

I meant the opposite of what I said LOL.

I'd take all of the RB's on the list except Bettis ahead of Gore.