FoxSports suggests Heisman winning QB's won't succeed in NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Re: FoxSports suggests Rams are doomed with Bradford

There's a first time for everything.

xo1e2g.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: FoxSports suggests Heisman winning QB's struggle in NFL

RamsONDEMAND suggests Heisman winning QB's pwn all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgNdTpZTN0o[/youtube]

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond

No wonder why most everyone was saying guys like Sam come around once every 10 years he's not like the rest of them :sly:

steferfootball

Starter

Many of these QBs arn't NFL level qbs. They have the skillset to run a college option for instance, but not run a full nfl offense.

Like Eric Crouch didn't even enter the draft as a QB. Troy Smith was too short, and Jason White had bad knees, ect.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Horns of Gold said:
71 Pat Sullivan, 6 seasons
84 Doug Flutie, 12
86 Vinnie Testaverde, 21
89 Andre Ware, 6
90 Ty Detmer, 14
92 Gino Torretta, 5
94 Charlie Ward, 0
96 Danny Wuerfel, 6
00 Chris Weinke, 7
01 Eric Crouch, 0
02 Carson Palmer, 9*
03 Jason White, 0
04 Matt Leinart, 6*
06 Troy Smith, 4
07 Tim Tebow, 2*
08 Sam Bradford, 2
10 Cam Newton, 1
I'd haven't done the research, but how many of these guys were drafted by teams with a good supporting cast? I would think most were drafted high by bad teams.

As far as Plunkett, he didnt start winning SBs until after the Pats traded him to the Raiders.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

I'm not gonna worry about it until he makes the cover of Madden. Then all bets are off.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler

Tebow, Newton, and Bradford could change things :cheese: .

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

JdashSTL said:
Now I don't feel like such a leper for pimping Tebow in the draft (2nd round). I thought he would be a great PLAYER to have on the team. In any capacity. Just have him on there somewhere. He's a fugly thrower sometimes, but man that kid can play football.

Once the offense is tailored to Bradford, then he'll shine like a supernova. Ain't worried about him none.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler

X said:
JdashSTL said:
Now I don't feel like such a leper for pimping Tebow in the draft (2nd round). I thought he would be a great PLAYER to have on the team. In any capacity. Just have him on there somewhere. He's a fugly thrower sometimes, but man that kid can play football.

Once the offense is tailored to Bradford, then he'll shine like a supernova. Ain't worried about him none.

I dont like the constant over-analysis of Tebow EVERY WEEK HE STARTS, but I think the kid is a player. It seems like they started out with an option offense that suits him but they are gradually moving towards a traditional offense. Its great coaching by the Broncos staff. I watched the Broncos/Vikes game and I know it was against a really bad Vikes secondary but I thought in the 2nd half that was Tebows best passing performance so far.

Newton is gonna be so fun to watch for years to come.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

JdashSTL said:
X said:
JdashSTL said:

I dont like the constant over-analysis of Tebow EVERY WEEK HE STARTS, but I think the kid is a player. It seems like they started out with an option offense that suits him but they are gradually moving towards a traditional offense. Its great coaching by the Broncos staff. I watched the Broncos/Vikes game and I know it was against a really bad Vikes secondary but I thought in the 2nd half that was Tebows best passing performance so far.

Newton is gonna be so fun to watch for years to come.
Good thing I don't listen to analysts much on TV. It's always the flavor of the day with those dudes, so when the Rams are back on top, THEN I'll watch ESPN and NFLN again. Otherwise, I don't really care what they have to say. It's obvious everyone was wrong about the kid, so they must be CYA-ing right now.

Newton will be cool to watch evolve as well. He's like a giant Randall Cunningham. I don't catch a lot of Panthers games because I really don't like that team. And if Tebow was on the Patriots, I probably wouldn't watch him either. Or I would, and I'd hope he sucked.

Personal biases really get in my way when watching football. :?!:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: FoxSports suggests Heisman winning QB's won't succeed in

Has anyone ever figured out how much wood a woodchuck can actually chuck?
You know, if he could chuck wood. :idk?:

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

bluecoconuts said:
Pounds or pieces?

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kilograms. They're metric creatures.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

X said:
JdashSTL said:

Me neither, as long as they don't break either his knees or spirit. :?!: