FoxSports: Fisher could be coaching for his job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Fisher is safe, Kroenke couldn't give a fuck about the Rams football team.

Athos

Legend
Fisher also inherited Long (Devaney signed him) and Laurinaitis.

Great head start? No... but more than Spags inherited from Linehan.

Exactly. Spags set up Fisher with an elite DE and an above average, underrated DE and when they aren't playing, the D feels it.

Spags was an idiot with no business being HC, but he's had less to work with than Fisher and just BARELY missed taking his team to the playoffs during his 2nd year.

Fisher hasn't even SNIFFED barely MISSING the playoffs.

nighttrain

Legend
It's time to go in another direction because I just don't see this team winning any games the rest of the year and that includes against the 49ers and for the first time in my life I was envious that they have Blaine Gabbert, but that's how bad it's gotten.
Should put our new head coach in position to draft QB of the future
train

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Not sure I'd go that far... but the past two games were certainly worthy of comparison.

Actually, I think I heard on the radio that this offense is performing worse than what he inherited... so there may be some element to truth to your statement.
No way. 2011 we averaged 12.1 points per game. 2015 is 17.9.

Now, we did better in Bradford's rookie season - shame we couldn't keep Shurmur from running off to fail in Cleveland. Continuity would have been quite valuable to start off our former QB's career.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Exactly. Spags set up Fisher with an elite DE and an above average, underrated DE and when they aren't playing, the D feels it.

Spags was an idiot with no business being HC, but he's had less to work with than Fisher and just BARELY missed taking his team to the playoffs during his 2nd year.

Fisher hasn't even SNIFFED barely MISSING the playoffs.
That's not really a fair comparison WRT the "barely missed playoffs" - that team went 7-9 and allowed the first sub-.500 team in NFL history to make the playoffs (Seattle).

Athos

Legend
That's not really a fair comparison WRT the "barely missed playoffs" - that team went 7-9 and allowed the first sub-.500 team in NFL history to make the playoffs (Seattle).

So what? He took advantage of his circumstances.

Is Fisher? You have a down Whiners team that's starting Blaine "Footsteps" Gabbert, a down SeaHags team, while having the best shot at a WC birth again.

And proceeds to lose to:

a 2-7 Ravens team
a 3-5 Bears team
a 4-6 Foreskins team

while not pulling out a game in which you turn Rodgers over 3 times @ GB and limit the Steelers to 12 points while knocking out Big Ben in the 3rd QTR at home.

Sorry. I'm not giving Fisher shit.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way. 2011 we averaged 12.1 points per game. 2015 is 17.9.
I was driving so maybe I wasn't listening as closely as I could... maybe the comparison was to Fisher's first year, where the Rams averaged 18.7 vs. the 17.9.

Either way, it's bad. :(

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
boy and I wonder who pushed for the extension before his first fucking game!

MrMotes

Starter
I think people forget just how bad those Spags teams were. 10 wins in 3 years?

We're much better now, talent-wise, record-wise, and yet we're no where near where an NFL team needs to be.

It's crazy...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I don't know how we could keep him another year.

15628170.gif

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
So what? He took advantage of his circumstances.

Is Fisher? You have a down Whiners team that's starting Blaine "Footsteps" Gabbert, a down SeaHags team, while having the best shot at a WC birth again.

And proceeds to lose to:

a 2-7 Ravens team
a 3-5 Bears team
a 4-6 Foreskins team

while not pulling out a game in which you turn Rodgers over 3 times @ GB and limit the Steelers to 12 points while knocking out Big Ben in the 3rd QTR at home.

Sorry. I'm not giving Fisher crap.
Not using this as an excuse for Fisher, who has done terribly, just saying that I don't see "barely missing the playoffs" at 7-9 to be something to be lauded versus "a total shit season with no playoffs remotely within reach at 7-9"

Athos

Legend
I think people forget just how bad those Spags teams were. 10 wins in 3 years?

We're much better now, talent-wise, record-wise, and yet we're no where near where an NFL team needs to be.

It's crazy...

Depends what's worse.

A roster of zero talent not winning......or a roster full of talent and still not winning. :confused:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher is safe, Kroenke couldn't give a freak about the Rams football team.

I disagree. I think Kroenke is trying to instill a Patriot's type approach, and is willing to be patient to see the dividends. Unfortunately Fish is not to be confused with Belichick.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Not really. Possibly worse on offense with better offensive pieces sans Bradford. Still the same horrendously mind-numbing in game decisions.

Same tired spiel, but instead of four pillars, it's "we'll fix that."
Lol you honestly think a Spags team could beat this team? o_0

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its a bad year when we are debating who is worse Spags of Fisher
Whoda thunk it was possible to even mention their names in the same sentence when Fisher was hired?

Remember all that promise?

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Lol you honestly think a Spags team could beat this team? o_0

Who do Quinn, Long and Laurinaitis play for in this scenario? If Spagnuolo and Devaney then I think the D and Bradford would do enough.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Whoda thunk it was possible to even mention their names in the same sentence when Fisher was hired?

Remember all that promise?

Whatever you.....:) Just remember he punted the game away lol. Unforgivable. But yes, who would of thought.

MrMotes

Starter
In the NFL you are your record.

Spags: .213
Fisher: .435

That makes Fisher twice Spagnulo. I'd say the roster is roughly twice as good too.

And yet, we're nowhere good enough...