Fox will broadcast the NFL draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Several years ago, the NFL moved the draft to Thursday night in an effort to generate prime-time viewership. Starting this year, the NFL plans to take it the rest of the way, generating prime-time broadcast-network viewership.

Per multiple sources, the draft will be televised by FOX.

It’s believed FOX will carry a simulcast of the NFL Network feed, with ESPN continuing to televise the event on its own.

Last year, a separate source told PFT that the league already had the ability to place the draft on a broadcast network, hinting that it would be the next logical step in making the draft a bigger and better event. The league drew rave reviews for choosing Philadelphia as the destination, with more than 70,000 fans showing up for the first night.

This year, the draft will be held in Dallas, and the crowd surely will be even larger. The TV audience definitely will be; events carried on channels available through the public airwaves always do better than events televised on cable.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/14/draft-will-be-televised-by-fox/

Personally I'm disappointed that they aren't doing their own production though I guess it'll be crowded with 3 networks doing their thing. Anything is better than ESPN though.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Lets hope fox in the near future can get a draft crew to get us 3 options to choose from. :yess:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Lets hope fox in the near future can get a draft crew to get us 3 options to choose from. :yess:
I hope so to. NFL Network is way better than CSpan but I’d rather have a third option at least and tend to like Fox people better.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty cool that it will be on a network.
Although I still miss the “good old days” when the draft was Saturday morning

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m actually on vacation that week. Will be out of town the weekend before and returning on Wednesday so I get to watch it this year if I want.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Bah, I was hoping they'd have their own announcers and could raise the volume up. I loathe Mike Mayock's "knowitallism".

Still debating on attending this draft, all depends on costs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bah, I was hoping they'd have their own announcers and could raise the volume up. I loathe Mike Mayock's "knowitallism".

Still debating on attending this draft, all depends on costs.

Gruden wasn’t bad on ESPN . He was not a big fan with The Rams taking Greg Robinson. Wasn’t that Silver guy in The Rams war room that year.
—Fisher. Amenities right away & said he wasn’t going to trade the pick. —Crazy they gave up on that option early.I’m sure Les could have made. Solid trade.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

SOON!

latest

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I hope so to. NFL Network is way better than CSpan but I’d rather have a third option at least and tend to like Fox people better.

Agreed, admit I PVR both but every year Cspan gets a quick delete