Fox Sports: Should Shaun Hill Be the Rams Starter?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If a very good backup can't be expected to come in and quarterback a winning football team, I'm not sure what a very good backup QB's job is.

fancents86

Starter
I agree, but I don't agree we just draft a qb with our first pick. Call me crazy, but I'm impressed with what I've see out of Austin Davis this preseason. For a kid who looked so lost last season, to looking much more confident an able to make plays, I really wanna see what he has to offer with another season under his belt.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I agree, but I don't agree we just draft a qb with our first pick. Call me crazy, but I'm impressed with what I've see out of Austin Davis this preseason. For a kid who looked so lost last season, to looking much more confident an able to make plays, I really wanna see what he has to offer with another season under his belt.

The good news is he'll be playing a lot in the 4th quarter when it's 28-3 rams!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Not sure why I even listened. That's 2:48 of my life I'll never get back. :(

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm going to make my bold and outlandish prediction of the day. Shaun Hill will prove to be one of the better QB's in the league. He's got the weapons around him to have a probowl type year.

He's never had an opportunity to compete for a starting job because the teams he's played for had a lot invested in QB's. When he played for Minnesota he backed up Daunte Culpepper who selected 11th overall in the 1999 draft. When he played for San Francisco he backed up Alex Smith, the 1st overall pick in the 2005 draft. When he arrived in Detroit he backed up Matthew Stafford, the 1st overall pick of the 2009 draft. This year he was slotted to back up the 1st overall pick from the 2010 draft.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Shaun Hill is good enough to quarterback a mediocre team. This team has players around him that can boost the team ahead of mediocre.

Thus, Shaun Hill is good enough to quarterback a winning team if the rest of the team is up to the task.

I truly believe that and I'm standing by that until I'm proven wrong.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I saw the topic and that it was a video, and said "why bother?" It's one of those questions that talking head shows ask rather than try to think of a good question. Like ZigZag said - the Rams signed Hill specifically to be available if Bradford were injured. It's his job. Of course he should be the starter now. The question should be "Should the Rams pick up a veteran QB to play behind Hill". The answer to that is "Probably not, given what is actually available." Since it looks like Gilbert will go to the PS, the most likely course is another QB rookie that the Rams liked more than Gilbert will be cut, and they'll sign him to the PS instead.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm going to make my bold and outlandish prediction of the day. Shaun Hill will prove to be one of the better QB's in the league. He's got the weapons around him to have a probowl type year.

He's never had an opportunity to compete for a starting job because the teams he's played for had a lot invested in QB's. When he played for Minnesota he backed up Daunte Culpepper who selected 11th overall in the 1999 draft. When he played for San Francisco he backed up Alex Smith, the 1st overall pick in the 2005 draft. When he arrived in Detroit he backed up Matthew Stafford, the 1st overall pick of the 2009 draft. This year he was slotted to back up the 1st overall pick from the 2010 draft.

I'm shying away from your pro bowl prediction, but not by much!

I'm still in the "He could shock everyone" camp for now waiting to see him in person against Minnesota.

When he was the starter in 2010 he was ranked 13th in the league and this is a much better team.

Yes. Next question?

You're crazy :sneaky:.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hill is the second best Qb we've had on this team since Bulger.
Second Only to Bradford.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's a modern day Steve DeBerg

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I just hope this works out for us to enjoy the season. like I said in a earlier post, 8-8, 9-7 would be great in my mind. The middle of the season is going to be very tough, when we meet up with the meat of the NFC west and the meat of the AFC west. If we can get out of that with a .500 record would be great. I think we may go 2-0 to start.