Four Things I like Going into ATL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
First off, no question Rams are the underdogs going into this week. This game has the makings of a slugging match between two teams that have some serious talent on the offensive side of the ball. Here are some random thoughts...

1. Roddy White- The guy is a stud, but he's nicked up. He was a mere decoy last week which helped the Saints win the game. They say it's a sprained ankle which can take a while to heal. Roddy not being on his game takes a fair amount of pressure off our secondary.

2. ATL Defense- I'm pretty confident in saying we played a tougher defense last week against ARZ. I don't beleive ATL has any premiere pass rushers which really holds well for the Bradford. We've seen what Bradford can do when Given some time.

3. STL DL > Atlanta OL - Saints had success in getting to Ryan last. I'm sure White being very limited threw off the Atlanta offense. If we can make Ryan worry about the pass rush than anything can happen.

4. Cook Drawing Attention- To our opponents, Cook is a player that will keep you up at night leading into the game. I am sure ATL will put a premium on shutting him down this week. Arizona didn't really Gameplan for Cook, I think he surprised them. They were more focused on pressure. Atlanta very well pick their poison at times in deciding to add more defenders on Cook and sending pressure. What this leads to is guys like Givens and Austin getting a bit more space to work with. This could be all they need to have break out games. And oh yeah... did I mention their defense isn't as good as ARZ's? It's worth mentioning again.

I do beleive we can keep pace with ATL, pure an simple. I just don't know if we'll come out with a W. We do have a decent chance, but ATL definately has the edge being at home and all.

Feel free to add on to my list.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm really thinking Rams win this one. On the road, underdogs, Falcon fans already have this in a an automatic W. Just show up and Rams roll over and Falcons win. I don't think this group of Rams care where they play, they show up big time and if the mental mistakes (penalties especially) can become manageable, we are going to be in every game. I think we shock the world this week. Key to winning, less penalties and hold onto the ball.
I'd like to add, the receivers are actually catching the ball this year, so I'm not sure ATL is going to be able to handle a team with good hands.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good list. No thoughts about Steven Jackson going up against our rush defense that did a fairly good job against a fairly inferior RB? I think how our run defense handles Jackson will be the barometer for the rest of the season. It should give us a general idea of how we'll be able to handle guys like Gore and Lynch in the coming weeks. Plus Jackson (despite what he says) will be extra amped for this one. He wants to show that his time behind generally bad O-lines was what slowed him down and limited his production.

I also think this will be Givens' day to shine, but Cook will still do some damage.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Speaking of things worth mentioning again...

I grew up with the falcons being in our division. I fucking hate them. They disgust me.

That is all.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Agreed, I think Givens factors in more. I also think Pead (yeah I said it) will surprise a few people with some slick moves.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
bluecoconuts said:
I also think Pead (yeah I said it) will surprise a few people with some slick moves.

I was thinking that's possible.

Fisher still believes in Pead. And I know DRich can't carry the ball 20 times every game.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Good list. No thoughts about Steven Jackson going up against our rush defense that did a fairly good job against a fairly inferior RB? I think how our run defense handles Jackson will be the barometer for the rest of the season. It should give us a general idea of how we'll be able to handle guys like Gore and Lynch in the coming weeks. Plus Jackson (despite what he says) will be extra amped for this one. He wants to show that his time behind generally bad O-lines was what slowed him down and limited his production.

I also think this will be Givens' day to shine, but Cook will still do some damage.

Honestly, Jackson is dangerous after he accelerates to full speed. If you touch his ankle before he picks his seam, he's vulnerable. Not to mention he's not as fast or nimble as he use to be. He's starting to lumber a little bit and runs high, Gore and Lynch run low. He's above average, but not elite anymore.

On Pead, I think Pead has grown considerably from last year. He's a one-cut hard runner who has speed and a touch of power. Rich has no power, he slips tackles but doesn't break them. He's even shown some pass blocking skills which is huge. However, there is on big concern with Pead.... ball security. He's GOT to run with the ball high and tight and finish with to hands. If he does that, Pead and Rich will make a nice duo.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Other than Jackson I think the Rams strengths match up very well with Falcons' weaknesses. They almost seem like a repeat of last week on their offense IF Roddy is weak or out. If Roddy were full strength, I'm not so optimistic.

Jackson might be the key. I don't see Falcons stopping FSOT. I think they will have to either control the ball and clock or out-pass the Rams.

Rams 28 - 21

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Jackson is a key in a different sense. I think he will let these guys know that they absolutely can't sleep on us or take this game for granted. He is going to warn them about how dangerous he knows we are becoming and will tip them off on player tendencies.

And BTW - I'm with King on this. I still have a hard time thinking of ATL as anything but division rivals. Of course we generally kicked their asses so....

I think DR and Cook/Kendricks have a big game in the short passing game and this one is Bradford's coming out party for the year. SJ will get 70 - 80 yards and 120 total, JJ will pick off Ryan, Quinn will get another strip, and Finn will keep his cool while keeping everything in front of him. Oh, and TJ will have a highlight hit. Can you say Tavon to the house on a punt return?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm going to this game so I'm trying to stay grounded for now. I'm fighting giddiness all week trying to make it through the work week! I feel good about our chances and am seeing a big W! I'm surely going to be vocal, listen for the "indian yell" from the 35 yard line!!!! As long as my chords will hold out, I'm going to give ATL a full dose of it!!!! Should I sport the Bradford road jersey or my new Tavon Austin home jersey? I'm leaning toward the Bradford jersey since I feel this is going to be a BIG game for him! 350 yds, 3 TDs big!

RamzFanz

Damnit
SB - It's the Sure Bet (see what I did there?). If we win SB will be the focus for sure and TA may or may not be key.

I like the entire FSOT this week. I don't think ATL has answers for Givens, Austin, Cook, - G, A, C. GAC.

GAC ATTACK!

I like it.

Wait.... Givens, Austin, Cook, Kendricks

GACK ATTACK!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
mr.stlouis said:
First off, no question Rams are the underdogs going into this week. This game has the makings of a slugging match between two teams that have some serious talent on the offensive side of the ball. Here are some random thoughts...

1. Roddy White- The guy is a stud, but he's nicked up. He was a mere decoy last week which helped the Saints win the game. They say it's a sprained ankle which can take a while to heal. Roddy not being on his game takes a fair amount of pressure off our secondary.

2. ATL Defense- I'm pretty confident in saying we played a tougher defense last week against ARZ. I don't beleive ATL has any premiere pass rushers which really holds well for the Bradford. We've seen what Bradford can do when Given some time.

3. STL DL > Atlanta OL - Saints had success in getting to Ryan last. I'm sure White being very limited threw off the Atlanta offense. If we can make Ryan worry about the pass rush than anything can happen.

4. Cook Drawing Attention- To our opponents, Cook is a player that will keep you up at night leading into the game. I am sure ATL will put a premium on shutting him down this week. Arizona didn't really Gameplan for Cook, I think he surprised them. They were more focused on pressure. Atlanta very well pick their poison at times in deciding to add more defenders on Cook and sending pressure. What this leads to is guys like Givens and Austin getting a bit more space to work with. This could be all they need to have break out games. And oh yeah... did I mention their defense isn't as good as ARZ's? It's worth mentioning again.

I do beleive we can keep pace with ATL, pure an simple. I just don't know if we'll come out with a W. We do have a decent chance, but ATL definately has the edge being at home and all.

Feel free to add on to my list.

Which means...

1. Roddy White will get over 100 and a TD.

2. The ATL D plays lights out.

3. ATL's OL will provide great protection.

4. Jared Cook will have another big game.

BTW- JOKE! LOLZ! Just things that SHOULD happen really don't.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ramhusker said:
I'm going to this game so I'm trying to stay grounded for now. I'm fighting giddiness all week trying to make it through the work week! I feel good about our chances and am seeing a big W! I'm surely going to be vocal, listen for the "indian yell" from the 35 yard line!!!! As long as my chords will hold out, I'm going to give ATL a full dose of it!!!! Should I sport the Bradford road jersey or my new Tavon Austin home jersey? I'm leaning toward the Bradford jersey since I feel this is going to be a BIG game for him! 350 yds, 3 TDs big!

Rep it big time Husker. Wish I was there with you. I actually really like ATL as a city. Can't get past my division rivalry stuff though.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ramhusker said:

Yes, Sam Bradford jersey. He's the guy many have overlooked as they slobbered over Kapernick's cover on ESPN magazine. He's the guy people are gonna be grimacing over when they see he's leading the charge of a surprisingly, in a bad way for them, tough football team when they wrote him off as an underachiever. Sam's the man and he's only gonna get better as this team grows and molds into a complete unit. Sam's the man.

In the end, it's not like there's a bad choice here. :cool:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
X said:

Hey X, not disagreeing that SJAX ran behind some weak OLs while in STL but do you think the one in front of him in ATL is any better? I think he'll be Jacked this week against his old team but I like our chances of limiting him.

Rams 31 - 17!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RamFan503 said:
I think Jackson is a key in a different sense. I think he will let these guys know that they absolutely can't sleep on us or take this game for granted. He is going to warn them about how dangerous he knows we are becoming and will tip them off on player tendencies.

And BTW - I'm with King on this. I still have a hard time thinking of ATL as anything but division rivals. Of course we generally kicked their asses so....

I think DR and Cook/Kendricks have a big game in the short passing game and this one is Bradford's coming out party for the year. SJ will get 70 - 80 yards and 120 total, JJ will pick off Ryan, Quinn will get another strip, and Finn will keep his cool while keeping everything in front of him. Oh, and TJ will have a highlight hit. Can you say Tavon to the house on a punt return?

What's funny. is that I was on a Atlanta Board, remembering old times when the Saints and the Falcons were in our division, and that it was good. The falcon fan said "no it wasn't!"...I said, "so you're still sore about those 7 NFC West Championships in a row, then?" lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LoyalRam said:
RamFan503 said:

What's funny. is that I was on a Atlanta Board, remembering old times when the Saints and the Falcons were in our division, and that it was good. The falcon fan said "no it wasn't!"...I said, "so you're still sore about those 7 NFC West Championships in a row, then?" lol

Yeah - if they remember them they're pretty butt hurt to this day. :sly: