Former Steelers DL Cam Thomas Signs With Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Do you like this picture better? He's further away and donning black, which has a slimming effect.
defensive-lineman-cam-thomas-of-the-pittsburgh-steelers-looks-on-from-picture-id459110896
Yes. Much better. We'll dress him in black.

(n) Wait...is that one of our colors?...

:neener:

fearsomefour

Legend
I like this signing.
May just be for competition or it may be to have depth at DT with a real DT body. Hayes can rotate in at DT. But, with a lack of girth behind Brockers, this is a good signing I think.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If this guy comes to play, Worthington, LTP, and even Westbrooks could be cut....10 times better run defender than them.
I don't know for sure about LTP, he hasn't really played for us yet!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
:yess:I feel much better now with this NT signing:). I'll shut up about the lack of a back up to Brockers now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
As far as the roster, Nick Toon was recently cut. Was he part of the 91?

Cam Thomas has been added to the 'official' Rams roster, and Toon has been removed, we are still at 91 by my count, so someone will have to be let go by the way I read it.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Cam Thomas has been added to the 'official' Rams roster, and Toon has been removed, we are still at 91 by my count, so someone will have to be let go by the way I read it.
Bailey was released today

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Still at 91 as Bailey was listed as Reserve/Non-Football Injury, and not counted along with the rest of the roster.

He counted against the 90 limit until he was released today. I thought Toon was gone earlier.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He counted against the 90 limit until he was released today. I thought Toon was gone earlier.

Go over to the Rams 'official' website. I've counted 4 times now. With Cam Thomas & without Bailey and Toon, the roster count still comes up at 91. Let me know if your count comes up different.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Here are the adds & cuts today.
****************************************************************************************************************

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Add-Depth-with-Four-Free-Agents/3ca6dd8b-183f-404a-a31e-7bb629154ea6

The Rams have added some depth pieces to their roster, signing four free agents to start the second week of OTAs.

Los Angeles signed defensive tackle Cam Thomas, quarterback Dylan Thompson, tight end Benson Browne, and running back Terrence Magee.

Originally drafted by the Chargers in the fifth round of the 2010 draft, Thomas has played in 85 games over his NFL career, starting 25. He played his first four years in San Diego, registering 6.0 sacks. He then signed with the Steelers in 2014, appearing in 31 games over the last two seasons mainly as a rotational player.

Thomas, who turns 30 on Dec. 12, likely figures in as a similar rotational piece for Los Angeles.

Thompson, Browne, and Magee recently had workouts with the Rams and each were impressive enough to catch on with the club.

Thompson spent 2015 with the 49ers after signing with the club as an undrafted free agent out of South Carolina. In his senior season, Thompson led the SEC in yards passing with 3,564. Thompson also played with Rams rookie receiver Pharaoh Cooper in college.

Magee bounced between the Ravens active roster and practice squad throughout the 2015 season after signing with the club as a UDFA out of LSU. He recorded two carries in his limited playing time. Baltimore waived Magee in May.

Browne is a rookie, having played his college ball at N.C. State where he was mainly a blocking tight end.

For their corresponding roster moves, the Rams have waived wide receiver Kain Colter and linebacker Zack Hodges. Defensive tackle Doug Worthington has also been released.

And wide receiver Stedman Bailey has also been waived with a non-football injury distinction. Head coach Jeff Fisher is scheduled to speak with the media after tomorrow’s OTA practice, and will likely address Bailey’s situation.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
There you have it, Cam Thomas in, Doug Worthington is out.

Either way, even with all the new changes, the 'official' Rams roster still reads at 91 as of now, so one more needs to be released.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
There you have it, Cam Thomas in, Doug Worthington is out.

Either way, even with all the new changes, the 'official' Rams roster still reads at 91 as of now, so one more needs to be released.
Been looking for this release for a long while.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Been looking for this release for a long while.

How many D-lineman will The Rams keep ??
Coples
Quinn
Simms
Brockers
Donald
Easley
Hayes
Westbrooks - L TP

Cam Thomas is there for depth ??
Longacre played well at DE at times,& will have another year of experience.

--My thoughts on Brockers is he needs more plays off. He plays so hard & his body has starters to take a toll. Especially during preseason.He has thinned out as well which adds the lack of beef.

fearsomefour

Legend
How many D-lineman will The Rams keep ??
Coples
Quinn
Simms
Brockers
Donald
Easley
Hayes
Westbrooks - L TP

Cam Thomas is there for depth ??
Longacre played well at DE at times,& will have another year of experience.

--My thoughts on Brockers is he needs more plays off. He plays so hard & his body has starters to take a toll. Especially during preseason.He has thinned out as well which adds the lack of beef.
I think 9 D lineman.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think 9 D lineman.
Well it will be a good competition.

Who was the guy Fisher had that broke the bank with the Redskins. Haywood ??DT ??

Westbrooks is list as a DT,but seems a little lite.
Longacre is strictly a DE,so can't move him around plus Simms & Quinn both play best at RDE.

Coples & Hayes both can slide inside on different rushing formations.I think that fills LDE.

At DT both Easley & Louis TP are twieners like Aaron Donald. The Rams don't have a lot of beef up the middle.

Cam Thomas is list as a DE(lol), on The Rams roster.That would be a big guy at 330 plus coming at a QB off the edge.

It has to be an upgrade though,because The Rams released Worthington who was in the rotation late in the season.Have to always like an upgrade on the roster.

--Maybe I'm crazy & I like the guys passion for the game.Plus he has a great worth ethic ,& is a core special teams guy. It's still my believe tha as long as Chase Reynolds is on The Rams they will have a lossing record.I think they need to keep upgrading the roster.
--The more I see footage from practice I wonder ?? I know if he is on the 53 then he will be on the 48 as well.
Rhaney might make the team because he blocks well on KR's & plays center.

-- Is there a DL that can excel on special teams ?? A guy like Greco(son of Joe)played well for NE back in the day.Not as far back as his father along side Mark Gastineau.( dam I'm getting old)
--Boy has he aged. I remember seeing him in Palm Springs for Spring Break all ripped coming off one of the best scam years ever.Time flys.Hope The Rams can break the all time sack record.
-- This group has upside for sure,but run defense with size has to be a question.That is why Cam Thomas signing makes a lot of sense.It was a excellent year to draft a DT,but I like Jared Goff & the nice steals at TE & WR position of serious need.0

Last edited: