Former Seahawks long snapper Jorgen Hus now a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Seahawks sign long snapper Jorgen Hus
Posted by Josh Alper on April 3, 2014

hus_playercard_061213-e1396549170638.jpg

Havard Rugland, the Norwegian kicker known as Kickalicious, was able to get NFL teams interested in him thanks to a YouTube video of trick shots.

Long snapper Jorgen Hus is following in those footsteps with a video showing off his snapping acumen garnering views online. Hus spent last summer in camp with the Rams and now the Regina, Saskatchewan Leader-Post reports that the Seahawks have signed him to compete withClint Gresham for the job in Seattle.

Hus credited fellow Regina product and Seahawks punter Jon Ryan with helping him land a job with the Super Bowl champs. They met at an offseason football camp and Ryan put in a good word for Hus with the team.

“Jon is one of those rare people you can’t say enough good things about,” Hus said. “He’s always been rooting for me, always saying good things to the right people for me.”

Gresham has held the job in Seattle for the last four seasons and is signed for the coming season for a salary of $750,000 so Hus will have to prove he’s as good at routine snaps as he is at trick ones to unseat the incumbent.

[Photo credit: StLouisRams.com]

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams claim long snapper Jorgen Hus off waivers
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on May 13, 2014

hus_playercard_061213-e1396549170638.jpg

The St. Louis Rams have brought back long snapper Jorgen Hus.

The Rams claimed Hus off waivers after he was released by the Seattle Seahawks on Monday.

Hus gained some notoriety with a YouTube video of his long-snapping skills. He spent training camp with the Rams last season but was released in favor Jake McQuaide.

Hus played college football for the University of Regina in Saskatchewan.

[Photo credit: StLouisRams.com]

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
McQuaide was a part of that record setting special teams squad. He will be missed but this guy looks like he is pretty effective with his long snapping.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think I remember hearing that the Rams released McQuaide... but I can't seem to find anything on it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
His contract terms say he was signed through 2017, but that doesn't mean shit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is strictly for informational purposes. Similar to when the whiners secured the services of All-Pro Craig Dahl.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gentlemen relax...Josh McQuaide is still a Ram and I don't think they signed Hus for informational purposes. Fact is, you need two Long Snappers for OTA's and Training Camp. Hus was with the Rams last year and the Rams were going to add another LS for that reason and then the Seahawks released him so it just worked out that way.

Now if he add any information on the Seahawks, even better, but IMO it was just easy to add a position of need for upcoming team activities that was familar with the schemes for special teams and yes Gentlemen there a tad more than just snapping the ball.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I highly doubt he replaces McQuaide. McQuaide does not make much and is pretty darn good at what he does. I would be shocked if Hus replaces him. I don't think Hus is anymore than a camp body to be honest.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Relax everyone, you don't pee off two of the finest special teamers in the league by taking away their favourite long snapper. This Hus chap is basically a human version of one of those machines where you put a ball in between those two wheels and it fires off into the air. The only reason he's been signed is because they haven't invented a long snapping version of that machine yet

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
No reason to get rid of McQuaide. You barely know he's on the team, so he's doing his job at a high level.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It's weird how I can remember the past few long snappers. Jeff Robinson, Chris Massey, Jake McQuaide. Robinson was the most versatile, catching a pass once in a while at TE.