Former Rams RB Greg Bell Talks the Returning LA Rams & His New Radio Show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Greg Bell, former running back for the Buffalo Bills, LA Rams, and LA Raiders stops by the studio to talk about his new radio show, “Rams, Sports, and Life.”

Watch Bell Interview

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Funny story about Greg Bell I remember an interview years ago and I forget who it was with might have been Brent Woody Musburger I believe after he left the Rams, however, he was talking about the hierarchy of the Rams and that Dom Frontiere (Georgia's husband after Carroll Rosenbloom) and Team President John Shaw were talking to him that they were thinking about drafting a running back in 1988 and who did he suggest and Bell told them he liked Thurman Thomas, however, Shaw said to him, they really liked Gaston Green.

Now I really don't remember the reason for the interview, however, the reason I recall the interview is I was never liked the Green pick back then, IMO, I thought he did not run hard and at that time (I was 22 in 88) I thought every UCLA player was soft, but it just underscores at that time the dysfunction of the Rams back then.

BTW as to the UCLA point, Roman Phifer made me rethink my UCLA philosophy, but Phifer was named after Ram great Roman Gabriel so my feeling was that played into it and after Robert Thomas I knew I was right again.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I liked Bell. I had him as my #7 all time Rams running back a few months ago. He had 2 incredible seasons for the Rams in the late '80s. Including 31 tds!