Former Rams punter dies at 52

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/14/former-nfl-punter-rick-tuten-dies-at-52/

Former NFL punter Rick Tuten dies at 52
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 14, 2017

tuten_rick2.jpg

http://www.nolefan.org/football/tuten_rick.html

Rick Tuten, a punter who went to a Pro Bowl with the Seahawks and won a Super Bowl ring with the Rams, has died at the age of 52.

According to the Ocala Star Banner, Tuten died unexpectedly in Costa Rica. There is no information about his cause of death.

Tuten grew up in Florida and began his college football career at Miami, winning a national championship and even serving as a backup quarterback to Heisman Trophy winner Vinny Testaverde, although Tuten never played quarterback in a game. After two years at Miami, Tuten transferred to Florida State, where he played two more seasons.

After bouncing around the NFL for a few years and playing briefly for the Eagles and Bills, Tuten found his greatest success in Seattle, where he was a Pro Bowler in 1994 and would later be chosen the punter on the Seahawks’ all-time team. Tuten called himself a “frustrated linebacker,” and teammates recalled that he really wanted to be a football player, and not just a punter.

“Rick was the first kicker that actually had ‘guns,’” Former Seahawks special teams captain Paul Moyer said. “He wanted to be a football player and he was a pretty good athlete. He lifted as hard as most of the players.”

Tuten left the Seahawks for the Rams in 1998 and won a Super Bowl ring with the Rams in 1999, although he was injured and didn’t play in the game.

Tuten is survived by his wife and three children.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/rick-tuten-player-stats

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
So young, so sad. Hearts and prayers to his family.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/14/former-nfl-punter-rick-tuten-dies-at-52/

Former NFL punter Rick Tuten dies at 52
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 14, 2017

tuten_rick2.jpg

http://www.nolefan.org/football/tuten_rick.html

Rick Tuten, a punter who went to a Pro Bowl with the Seahawks and won a Super Bowl ring with the Rams, has died at the age of 52.

According to the Ocala Star Banner, Tuten died unexpectedly in Costa Rica. There is no information about his cause of death.

Tuten grew up in Florida and began his college football career at Miami, winning a national championship and even serving as a backup quarterback to Heisman Trophy winner Vinny Testaverde, although Tuten never played quarterback in a game. After two years at Miami, Tuten transferred to Florida State, where he played two more seasons.

After bouncing around the NFL for a few years and playing briefly for the Eagles and Bills, Tuten found his greatest success in Seattle, where he was a Pro Bowler in 1994 and would later be chosen the punter on the Seahawks’ all-time team. Tuten called himself a “frustrated linebacker,” and teammates recalled that he really wanted to be a football player, and not just a punter.

“Rick was the first kicker that actually had ‘guns,’” Former Seahawks special teams captain Paul Moyer said. “He wanted to be a football player and he was a pretty good athlete. He lifted as hard as most of the players.”

Tuten left the Seahawks for the Rams in 1998 and won a Super Bowl ring with the Rams in 1999, although he was injured and didn’t play in the game.

Tuten is survived by his wife and three children.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/rick-tuten-player-stats
He was too young..wow.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Very Sad, waaay too young! I remember, when he'd pull off a good one going " Darn Tuten!" (y);):D RIP!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
prayers for his family....

IDK fellas...it's a lot of 50's dropping off. I've had about 5 people I know die in the past 6 months...just sad

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
prayers for his family....

IDK fellas...it's a lot of 50's dropping off. I've had about 5 people I know die in the past 6 months...just sad
HUSH YUR MOUTH! I'm 53 and plan on another 70 years!:rockon:

Psycho_X

Legend
Geez, RIP.

Ironic that the first punter I thought of when I saw title was Mike Horan who replaced Tuten that wonderful 99 season just because even then he looked so old it was almost comical to see on the field.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh, no. I remember him from the 1999 team. Fifty-two is too young to go.

Rest in peace. My utmost condolences to his family and friends.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
RIP. I remember when he was with the Seahawks and always boomed those punts against the Rams. Glad that he joined the Rams and played for us because the Rams special teams in 99 was very good .

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
When making those highlight videos, I remember the clip of him injuring his leg and he didn't want off the field. He gave the Rams everything he had and (although we didn't call on him much) he helped lead the team off to a terrific start in 1999. He had a pretty good leg. Punters are people too. RIP Rick Tuten!

RedRam

Pro Bowler
52...yikes...younger than I am is WAY too young. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Tuten family.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Man! RIP Rick Tuten.

I wonder what happened?