Former Rams enroll in broadcast boot camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
13 minutes ago - by Ron Clements

Former Rams FB Mike Karney and LB Brady Poppinga will take part in the NFL's broadcast boot camp from June 18-21. Retired S Adam Archuleta, who played for the Rams, Redskins and Bears, will participate in the league's inaugural "Boot Camp Advanced" featuring one-on-one training in speech and vocal techniques and analysis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if Karney can refrain from talking about past Organizations (Rams/Saints) long enough to carry a conversation about football. Poppinga would be a pretty good color guy, but he's gotta work on dialing back his surfer-accent. Archuleta is actually pretty good at this if you've ever heard him speak before. I guess that's why he's in the "advanced class."

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Poppinga would be awesome, even with a surfer accent. The guy clearly knows the game, and he's a huge favorite of mine.

Archuleta would be awesome as well. Karney...meh.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
in the league's inaugural "Boot Camp Advanced" featuring one-on-one training in speech and vocal techniques and analysis

Wat.

I'm guessing this is like a analysis/commentator teaching course? Is it going to be broadcast or recorded?

I'd like to hear more from Adam. He was always one of my favorites, and he does seem like he could take up a career doing that. I bet he'd be good. I enjoyed Aeneas Williams on the pre-games last year too. I mean he could use a little polishing, but he dropped some good insight and knowledge on various situations.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Adam Archuleta was my favourite Ram for years, and I don't really know why. I mean he was solid but hardly spectacular... I have a #31 Archuleta road jersey that I got off Ebay some years ago. Would love to hear him do some commentary/analysis.