Former rams and dolphins rb Isaiah Pead in critical condition after accident

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Maybe I should've worded it better, but no belt and speeding at 2:30 am rarely makes for a good combination. A grown man should be able to realize that.

Of course I don't want the man to be hurt and obviously his family is suffering but this could have been avoided with even just 1 smarter decision.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Maybe I should've worded it better, but no belt and speeding at 2:30 am rarely makes for a good combination. A grown man should be able to realize that.

Of course I don't want the man to be hurt and obviously his family is suffering but this could have been avoided with even just 1 smarter decision.

I don't start the car until my seat belt is on, it's a reflex to buckle up.

I lost a friend many years ago, had he been wearing a seat belt he would be alive today. It was a low speed accident, they estimated he was traveling between 25-30 miles an hour.

Growing up it was required and I require it for everyone who has gotten into a car of mine since forever.

Yeah I hope he pulls through and gets his career on track. And maybe does some public service spots for click it or ticket.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

I lost a friend many years ago, had he been wearing a seat belt he would be alive today. It was a low speed accident, they estimated he was traveling between 25-30 miles an hour.

Growing up it was required and I require it for everyone who has gotten into a car of mine since forever.

Yeah I hope he pulls through and gets his career on track. And maybe does some public service spots for click it or ticket.

Yeah my grandpa died when i was 9 cause he wasnt wearing his seatbelt - we were supposed to go up for their 50th wedding anniversary but it ended up a funeral -- been buckling up ever since

Ram65

Legend
Prayers for Mr. Pead, his family and friends.

What is speeding on American roadways these days? Just seems like people drive as fast as they want these days. Another sad reminder to wear a seat belt. It's not automatic with me. I'm in and out of my car 12+ times a day.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Been buckling up before it became law.
It's crazy to think we used to ride in the back of a truck, sitting on the wheel wells when we were kids and nobody thought anything of it. My friends and I loved it.
Different world 35 years ago.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's crazy to think we used to ride in the back of a truck, sitting on the wheel wells when we were kids and nobody thought anything of it. My friends and I loved it.

School buses don't have seat belt do they?

Anyone know the answer......they didn't when I was a kid

RamWoodie

Legend
You hate this kind of news...even when it *appears* he was at fault for this. I hope he pulls through.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ar-wreck-will-prevent-him-from-playing-again/

Isaiah Pead’s injuries from car wreck will prevent him from playing again
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 16, 2016

pead.jpg
AP

The car wreck which threatened the life of former Rams running back Isaiah Pead has ended his playing career, according to Rams coach Jeff Fisher.

Fisher said he spoke to the family of the former second-rounder. Pead also played for the Dolphins, and had worked out for the Chiefs recently in hopes of getting back into the game.

“Our organization’s hearts and prayers go out to the Isaiah Pead family,” Fisher said, via ESPN. “I spoke with his mom [on Saturday]. He’s struggling, and he’s going to have a tough road. We’re hoping that he’ll come through this, but his career is over, and he was an outstanding young man while we had him.”

Pead was ejected from his car in the single-car accident Saturday. He was not wearing his seatbelt. Police said drugs and alcohol were not a factor in the crash, in which he drove off the side of Interstate 670 in Ohio. A passenger in his care was in stable condition.

Psycho_X

Legend
, but his career is over, and he was an outstanding young man while we had him.”.

That seems like something that's not really Jeff Fisher's right to announce? Surprises me that Fisher of all people would be the one to say that to the media being how reserved he is with giving out information about players. But that's too bad for Pead, sounds like he's lucky to still be breathing.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That seems like something that's not really Jeff Fisher's right to announce? Surprises me that Fisher of all people would be the one to say that to the media being how reserved he is with giving out information about players. But that's too bad for Pead, sounds like he's lucky to still be breathing.
Yeah, I hear you....But once I read ejected from speeding car...If you are alive, you are blessed/lucky...and in no way did I think he'd ever play again...not really surprising.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Ah, sht.....Pead lost part of his leg in this accident.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/17/isaiah-pead-lost-part-of-his-left-leg-in-car-wreck/

Rams coach Jeff Fisher didn’t specify when he said the injuries suffered by former running back Isaiah Pead in a car wreck were career-ending.

But once another coach chimed in, we now know that to be true.

University of Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville said the former Bearcats running back lost part of a leg in the accident.

“It’s devastating, because he lost part of his left leg,” Tuberville said on his radio show on WLW 700, via Tom Groeschen of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “He’ll never play again, obviously. It’s just devastating.”

Pead was thrown from his car when he lost control and went off Interstate 670 in Columbus. Drugs or alcohol were not a factor in the crash, but he was not wearing a seat belt. His passenger, former Bearcats defensive back Wesley Richardson, was wearing his seat belt and has been released from the hospital.

The incident report said witnesses saw Pead driving at least 90 miles per hour when he lost control of his car.

“You try to tell these kids to watch your speed or watch things,” Tuberville said. “There was nothing involved other than speed, and he had a blowout. When you have a blowout, you can’t control the car.”

Pead was a second-round pick of the Rams and spent parts of four seasons there. He also played for the Dolphins, and had recently worked out for the Chiefs in hopes of continuing his career.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I will edit this post later but I wanted to get out there. Coach Tommy tuberville out of the University of Cincinnati Cincinnati reported this are there a local ESPN affiliate that the accident happened in Columbus, Ohio around 2:32 in the morning as Isaiah Pead's car had a blowout and lost control. They also state that alcohol or drugs did not play a part the accident.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ

I completely understand that. I tell my stepsons that one time you don't put your seatbelt on could be tragic.

fearsomefour

Legend
How true.
Used to be, during the summer, do chores then out to play....all day. Be home for dinner. So leave at 10 am back by 6 pm with no communication really. Now if a kid doesn't text back in 2 minutes parents are in a panic. We used to go to Laguna Lake or to the creek close to my house and have rock fights.....throwing rocks and dirt clods at each other, haha. Now kids have to go in therapy if someone calls them a name.
.....and I'm officially doing the old guy thing.....back in my day.....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
How true.
Used to be, during the summer, do chores then out to play....all day. Be home for dinner. So leave at 10 am back by 6 pm with no communication really. Now if a kid doesn't text back in 2 minutes parents are in a panic. We used to go to Laguna Lake or to the creek close to my house and have rock fights.....throwing rocks and dirt clods at each other, haha. Now kids have to go in therapy if someone calls them a name.

It's true though.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
How true.
Sounds like we share the same day