Former rams and dolphins rb Isaiah Pead in critical condition after accident

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Hope he pulls through.... Shows how quickly life can turn.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Pead and his family!

tempests

Hall of Fame
Speeding and not wearing a seatbelt at 2:30 am.

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — A central Ohio and NFL football player was critically injured in a crash along Interstate 670 early this morning.

According to the Columbus Division of Police, at about 2:32am, Saturday, Isaiah Pead, 26, was driving his 2011 Cadillac CTS eastbound on I-670 near E. 5th Avenue, when he lost control of the vehicle, and drove off the right side of the roadway.

The Cadillac struck the metal guardrail and continued through it. After going through the guardrail the Cadillac became airborne and struck several trees on the way down the embankment. It came to rest about 95 feet from the roadway.

During the crash, Pead was ejected from the vehicle.

Police said two witnesses stopped and called 911 and provided assitance to Pead and a passenger in the Cadillac, Wesley Richardson, 27, until police arrived at the crash scene.

Pead was taken to Grant Medical Center in critical condition. Richardson was transported in stable condition.

Pead played football at Eastmoor High School, the University of Cincinnati, and in the NFL. Most notably the Rams, whom he was drafted by in the second round. Pead was currently a free agent after he was recently released by Miami Dolphins.

According to police, Pead was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.

Police continue to investigate but said speed appears to be a factor.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/11/12/early-morning-crash-closes-i-670-east/

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Cadillac struck the metal guardrail and continued through it. After going through the guardrail the Cadillac became airborne and struck several trees on the way down the embankment. It came to rest about 95 feet from the roadway.

During the crash, Pead was ejected from the vehicle.

That doesn't sound good.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
oh shit...ejected from the car?

Prayers man...prayers...

I just read he had a tryout with the Chiefs this past week....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Speeding and not wearing a seatbelt at 2:30 am.

While I feel bad for his family and close ones, I have a hard time finding sympathy for Isaiah himself. Those 2 factors rarely make a good combination.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
My prayers to his family, but speeding and no seatbelt? At what point does it come down to you having to have your own back?

I wish him a speedy recovery and a lesson learned.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
he is a young man doing young man stuff.
of course it's stupid...

but if you guys weren't stupid and reckless when you were young, you're either lying or you weren't like most of us.
no judgement from me. I hope he makes it!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am confused. I thought we discussed in previous posts that Pead and his family were saying that he had traumatic brain injury of the sort exhibited by retired NFL players, so why was he playing/trying out for the KC Chiefs if he was injured this way?
As for the latest crash, what a tragedy.....hope that he and his family can overcome it.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I am confused. I thought we discussed in previous posts that Pead and his family were saying that he had traumatic brain injury of the sort exhibited by retired NFL players, so why was he playing/trying out for the KC Chiefs if he was injured this way?

You may be thinking of Tre Mason.