Former Ram, James Laurinaitis..bruh...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It wasn't all on James L., but was a starting LBer that oversaw the Falcons rush 217 yards in tonight's game. I don't remember him being as slow as he was tonight, last year. Little Animal, it's time to do something else.....

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a good thing he went somewhere they arent willing to accept these failures

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
There was an eeery familiarity to some of that run D last night - but as you said - this can't be placed squarely on him.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It wasn't all on James L., but was a starting LBer that oversaw the Falcons rush 217 yards in tonight's game. I don't remember him being as slow as he was tonight, last year. Little Animal, it's time to do something else.....

i didnt see the game surprised they didnt get more rushing yards must have been hard for him 1 against 11 all on his own

oh wait

…..

Legend
I focused on him several times. At no time did I see him win a battle. Several times I saw him flat footed and never even move before the guard got to him and completely took him out of the play. As a middle linebacker, you need to initiate, hunt, track down the ball, impose your will....... but I never saw initiate anything.

It left me wondering if he was this much of a liability with us. Tackles stats do no justice to the crime being committed here. As a middle linebacker, the tackle should'nt count if your making the tackle 12 yards down field and from behind.

tempests

Hall of Fame
JL looked like an up and comer under Spags and I'd say he was still a good player through 2013. Been in decline for years now.

Can't help thinking playing more snaps than anybody has taken its toll on his body. Laboured through a torn UCL last year and who knows what else.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
JL was overrated by Rams fans. Hate to say it guys but it's true. He just doesn't have the athletic ability to play MLB. He's weak and slow. Ogletree was a massive upgrade. JL should try being a coach, he's a cerebral player.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" He is now on a Team that doesn't have anywhere near the "D" that he came from!!" I'll leave it at that!! Yes I Liked JL a lot!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I love JL, but damn - there is a huge difference between him and Tree. Ogletree is a beast, fast, mean, and is in on almost every play.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
nope, we miss him:palm:....

and a bunch of my rams bros wanted that FS Byrd too...sheesho_O:oops::eek::confused::sick::giveup::dizzy::doh::hellno::palm:

A55VA6

Legend
He's smart, but slow as fuck.

I like James, but we made the right decision to let him go.

…..

Legend
nope, we miss him:palm:....

and a bunch of my rams bros wanted that FS Byrd too...sheesho_O:oops::eek::confused::sick::giveup::dizzy::doh::hellno::palm:

Good point! Freeman broke Byrds ankles, it looked like a pro vs an ameture ....He didnt look very good all game. The Saints are in serious trouble.

Tell ya what....anyone that bitches about the Rams defense need only look at Nawlins...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not the same guy he was in his first few years. Much slower to the hole. Same dude we saw last year, and like a lot of players that degrade he figured the new environment would change things. Will be out of the league by next season.

I hope he signs and retires as a Ram though. That would be nice to see.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JL was overrated by Rams fans. Hate to say it guys but it's true. He just doesn't have the athletic ability to play MLB. He's weak and slow. Ogletree was a massive upgrade. JL should try being a coach, he's a cerebral player.

As much as i love olgetree the guy is a head case how many times is he going to hit a sliding qb and i havent seen him make many Middle linebacker plays I have seen him make a lot of outside linebacker plays though.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will always appreciate him coming up to my son and taking a pic with him and signing his jersey in Washington a few years ago . A real class act and team leader . That being said Ogletree is a big upgrade at MLBer