Former Ram Director of Pro Personel-Ran Carthon on McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love when he says, with Kromer,The rams will have better unison between Gurley and the oline.
Not the first time that I have heard this type of remark.
So let me get this straight.We had a oline who played confused and the RB and oline running two different
things, at times last year.We saw an oline and RB drop significantly in production from 2015 to 2016.Yet we pretty much had the same young oline ,only more experienced.
My personal verdict- We will be just fine this year.Our young O-linemen will make
big strides under Kromer and Gurley will be BACK!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He was a huge question mark before the season and I don't think I have ever seen a less imaginative play designer ever. Even Schurmer the Murmur was better.

Still have to wonder why Fisher hitched his wagon to a first time coordinator that also was an OC briefly in college under an offensive coach (John Robinson UNLV), a first time Quarterback Coach in Chris Weinke and a first time "Passing Game." Coordinator in Mike Groh. It's no wonder, that Fisher is now "Fishing" permanently in Montana.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still have to wonder why Fisher hitched his wagon to a first time coordinator that also was an OC briefly in college under an offensive coach (John Robinson UNLV), a first time Quarterback Coach in Chris Weinke and a first time "Passing Game." Coordinator in Mike Groh. It's no wonder, that Fisher is now "Fishing" permanently in Montana.
Boras was a complete disrespecting A-hole from what I saw on Hard Knocks. No wonder nobody wanted to play for that guy. Just keep your head down and get your check and get the hell out of here ASAP. With him gone and a nurturing positive staff in place, I think the Rams will be a landing spot for top talent now.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I doubt it's that permanent. I'll bet he lands a Power 5 head coaching job pretty quickly once he gets the coaching bug again. I don't mean that as an insult. I think he'll do well as a college coach. Hell, even .500 teams go to bowl games, but I think he'll do better than that. He can even play Fisherball if he wants.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I doubt it's that permanent. I'll bet he lands a Power 5 head coaching job pretty quickly once he gets the coaching bug again.

I'll be shocked if it's a Power 5, can't see that happening especially with College being more open to the offensive side of the ball. Maybe the Mid-American Conference or a Wake Forest or Vanderbilt, but I don't see Fisher getting anywhere near a power 5 especially the fact that he's never coached at the collegiate level in any capacity.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wonder if this dude is related to Maurice Carthon...ex-Giant RB?

This was such a softball grade....I don't know what to believe....usually that dude will tell the truth on his grade. The App. State ex-QB

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi

Fisher was always trying to prove that his ways work, he brought on unproven coaches, undisciplined players and is still under the mindset that his form of football wins games. Fisher seemed very stubborn and was shown the door because his old ways just do not work anymore.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll be shocked if it's a Power 5, can't see that happening especially with College being more open to the offensive side of the ball. Maybe the Mid-American Conference or a Wake Forest or Vanderbilt, but I don't see Fisher getting anywhere near a power 5 especially the fact that he's never coached at the collegiate level in any capacity.

Agreed. He $#!t the bed so badly with the Rams in the way he handled the offense that there's no way an Athletic Director of a top college pays that dude big money to be their guy. He'd build a thug team that would win in the regular season due to better talent but lose due to lack of imagination and X's and O's in their bowl and big games.

I do think he's a good leader of young men. But his ignorance on the offensive side of the ball is glaring and something I would not look past in my research if I were that AD making the hire. I think he's done, and good riddance man. Just really disgusted with how he failed to control the room wrt the offense and handling of Goff last year, it was just a massive failure. Dude deserves to be out of the league.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Saw this video earlier, love everything he said! Thanks for sharing brotha

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

the "first time" coach or OC is OK with me I don't mind that. But the people inside the building had to have an idea of his depth of knowledge and capabilities.

Or maybe not..........LOL