Former QB Joey Harrington talks about his life in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Interesting read - to me Harrington reads like a guy who was never that naturally confident, alpha guy who just believed in himself and didn't care what people sad. An NFL QB getting upset by a talk radio guy after hes smoked the team that drafted him for 3 tds? He's defensive about his record because he's wasn't great and because everyone told him so.

I think a lot of guys wouldn't go to their head coach and plead with him to let him throw it deep - it didn't even seem that Mooch hadn't let him - he's just said "if it's close check it down" and then he got into a check down rhythm by himself (although I do think it odd that Mariuci would just brush him off (literally) by Going to brush his teeth.

People comparing him to Bradford might be close in that they have both underperformed after being put into terrible situations. Bradford however can play at a high level when he gets confident and comfortable, as seen in his 2013 season before injury and the last 4 weeks or so at Philly where I thought he's been getting really good - again because he's been in a system long enough to get comfortable. His problem has been injury whilst Harringtons was ability, self belief and the will to compete and win.

I mean, you think he ever got asked in the interview stage of being scouted what his goals in football were? You think he'd be drafted #3 overall if he said "well I really wanted to play in the Rose bowl and I'd like to learn how to put things in perspective by the end of my career and get out unhurt..."???