For those who claimed St. Louis would have a top 10 Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
We were right! (y)

Total yards allowed per game: 328.1 6th
Points allowed per game: 17.9 4th
Passing yards allowed per game: 230 10th
Passing yards allowed per attempt: 6.9 8th
Rushing yards allowed per game: 98.1 9th
Rushing yards allowed per attempt: 3.7 7th

One game left this week but it won't impact the rankings significantly.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Here are a few more stats categories that the Rams are in the top 5 in Defense.

Sacks #2 (26)
Forced Fumbles #5 (11)
RedZone Defense #1 (31.25%)

Sure there is more, but I think this shows how complete this defense is. And remember we already played the best Offenses in football (Arz, Pitt, GB). By seasons end this might be a top #3 Defense in most of these categories. With the Offense coming along and now being a top 5 rushing attack the Defensive ranking should only get better.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I was looking at the stats. I think our defense is the second best in the league behind Denvers. "Yards" generally aren't the best measure - neither is it just "points" if you don't take into consideration times of possession, plays run and points scored by your own offense. But the sacks being #2, points allowed being #4 and red zone defense being the best in the league tell me we're pretty much elite - top 5 or 6 and my personal opinion is its the second best in the entire league.

Big Game

Living The Dream
TOP 10 DEFENSE WINNING RECORD AT 4-3 and Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin leading this offense!!!

Life is good brothers enjoy this Winning Monday!!!:yess::boxing::rockon::cheers::cheers::popcorn::popcorn::banana::banana:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here are a few more stats categories that the Rams are in the top 5 in Defense.

Sacks #2 (26)
Forced Fumbles #5 (11)
RedZone Defense #1 (31.25%)

Sure there is more, but I think this shows how complete this defense is. And remember we already played the best Offenses in football (Arz, Pitt, GB). By seasons end this might be a top #3 Defense in most of these categories. With the Offense coming along and now being a top 5 rushing attack the Defensive ranking should only get better.
I couldn't agree with you more! As our "O" improves the "D" will really be able to "Pin-their-Ear's-Back and GO!! I'm sure we will Top 60 sacks, but I'm Hoping they Get 70+!!:mrburnsevil:
And we're not giving up TD's at Home, witch I LOVE!!
:snicker::banana::rockon::cheers:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am very grateful for our defense!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm lucky, my two favorite teams are the best two D's in football. Obviously the Rams are my #1 and always will be but living in Denver for 20+ years you kinda have to follow them. There D this year is just lights out. AND- if there offense plays like they did last night they are almost unbeatable.

I have to wonder how much difference it would make if Gaines never got hurt and we still had Olgletree and Long healthy.
Might be insane good.

Athos

Legend
Our offensive points given up per game is actually 14.8 though. Even more impressive! Especially when facing 3 of the best Os in the league this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Our offensive points given up per game is actually 14.8 though. Even more impressive! Especially when facing 3 of the best Os in the league this year.

14.8 is outstanding scoring defense. That will put you in the true contender category in any season. If you go back and look at Super Bowl winners almost all of them finish very well in scoring defense.

If the Rams keep playing at this level and get a little more consistency going on offense they're gonna be a force to reckon with. But one game at a time, let's get that W in Minnesota.