For those that didn't agree with the Rams Draft Picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Please fill in the blanks so I can see what your thinking was and just how bad McVay and company fouled this up.....

#37?
___ You have this pick because you didn't trade down and selected Lamp or someone else.
#69? ___

#91 x __Not available to you because no trade down with the #37 pick

#117? ___
#125? ___

#189? ___
#206? ___
#234? ___

tenor.gif

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe they should have gone with Davis Webb with the 37 pick. The more Cal qbs the better.

jap

Legend
I believe they should have gone with Davis Webb with the 37 pick. The more Cal qbs the better.

Why not David Webb (aka Jason Bourne)? Then we could have riveting auto chase scenes and brutal battle to the death fights in the Coliseum.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Not my job to enlightenin. But I can see the main goal in the direction this draft went. Makes perfect sense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
does it matter? (hell yeah we should have gotten LAMP). I mean, we are moving on here....:fighting:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
does it matter? (hell yeah we should have gotten LAMP). I mean, we are moving on here....:fighting:

The thread was for the complainers that act like they had a better draft plan... Apparently they have all come to their senses now so this thread is basically obsolete... I expect no more complaining unless they can fill in all the blanks (y)

66678928-obsolete-square-stamp.jpg

Memphis Ram

Legend
Could be the thread is obsolete because it's a fruitless exercise. Most understand that making a change at one selection would alter the player availability of the entire drafts later selections (all teams) and/or potential trade options.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thread was for the complainers that act like they had a better draft plan... Apparently they have all come to their senses now so this thread is basically obsolete... I expect no more complaining unless they can fill in all the blanks (y)

Not really, bro. Because others with different POV's don't have to answer a thread by anyone. So therefore, we all reserve the right to be "I told you so" sonsabitches. The question you ask is impossible anyway. If I choose Lamp at #37, the whole draft might be different (for everyone)..Different trades, different players chosen, and so I could slip names into those slots, but it's all BS.......imo.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I like the draft. I just wish we would have taken at least one Olinemen. I'm just slightly concerned about that group. We seem to have bad luck with injuries.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Please fill in the blanks so I can see what your thinking was and just how bad McVay and company fouled this up.....

#37?
___ You have this pick because you didn't trade down and selected Lamp or someone else.
#69? ___

#91 x __Not available to you because no trade down with the #37 pick

#117? ___
#125? ___

#189? ___
#206? ___
#234? ___

tenor.gif

Hold on, couldn't you not like the actual picks but still have been an advocate of trading back from #37? ;)

…..

Legend

It comes off to me as those that put in the work, the draftniks and arm chair GM's who make the draft a hobby, need acknowledgement for thier work if there are to be any disagreements.To those that put in the work, I appreciate the knowledge dropped.

I can dislike our draft and not have a better plan. However, its not working for me if someone says "okay you dont like pic #37, who would you have picked?" ...and I say this because its not necessarily any one pick I may have an issue with, but rather a direction or the whole draft in general.

The consesus is ok with me as well. If 70% of the writers, draftnicks, even Mel Kiper, believe one way, then to me that is the right way until those 70% are wrong. Which is entirely possible. (Jason Smith for example)

Any differences of opinion are easily covered by the "thats what the team board says" argument or the "thats what the coach wanted" retort. So its not really a winnable argument either way, its just differences of opinion.

Is it really fair to label those who did not like the draft as "complainers?"

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It comes off to me as those that put in the work, the draftniks and arm chair GM's who make the draft a hobby, need acknowledgement for thier work if there are to be any disagreements.To those that put in the work, I appreciate the knowledge dropped.
I can dislike our draft and not have a better plan. Is it really fair to label those who did not like the draft as "complainers?"

True @Dog, using the word complainer was not necessary of me to put in in those terms. I was merely trying to get a few people that had a strong conviction against some or most of the of picks to put their preferred selections in the blanks. (assuming all the same players were still available to choose from etc) when McVay/Snead selected.

not a lot of better choices to choose from BPA/Needs when you look at who was remaining after each pick

I'm guilty of not being fired up when the Everett selection was made. I wanted Lamp. I didn't pump my fist with excitement after every selection though I did with the Kupp and Reynolds picks.

I understood the concept and why each selection was made the longer the draft went on. I was perplexed like some fans by a few of their picks and after the Reynolds selection #117, I didn't really have any sure fire target players.

I didn't mean to come across as pointing my finger at the fans that didn't care for some or all of the selections and label them as complainers. I did want to see their hypothetical choices that they thought were better for the team.

The only difference I would've had with the first 3 selections is Lamp over Everett

#37?
___ LAMP
#69? ___ C.KUPP

#91x __Not available because no trade down with the #37 pick

#117? ___J.REYNOLDS

#125? ___tough to make a case who to select here when you look at who's left on the board
#189? ___tough to make a case who to select here when you look at who's left on the board
#206? ___tough to make a case who to select here when you look at who's left on the board
#234? ___tough to make a case who to select here when you look at who's left on the board

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-round-input:4

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-round-input:5

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-round-input:6

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-:dt-by-/dt-by-round-input:7

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One things for certain I'm happy about these picks. We didn't waste a pick trading for Josh freaking Gordon! And looking at the players we picked we can put to bed the thoughts we are going to add him. He doesn't fit the bill with the type of people we drafted!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Only pick that irked me was Everett. Just felt they could get him later, but apparently McVay didn't want him to get snapped up by someone else which I get. I would have taken a wideout there, Godwin specifically, but of course then they turn around and get Kupp in round 3 which was pretty damn good value.

And going back to the wideouts it's pretty clear the guys who broke tackles and had YAC were highly desired by the Rams. They admitted they were tracking on Juju, and of course took two guys who have a propensity for getting yards after contact in Everett and Kupp.

So from my perspective it's whatevs. And if Reynolds ends up being able to play X for them down the road then this draft will probably be a slam dunk.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is as far as I'll play along:

#37 - The Steeler's took my man - TJ Watt
#69 - The Steelers, again, took my man JuJu Smith-Schuster

#112 - From here on out My Draft was ruined!!

I like what the Rams did in the Draft and with picking their UDFA's! I want to see how things turn out this year!

KOWALSKI

Rookie
#37 for a guy who sits 16 games on the bench. sounds great.
our oline coach said "no thanks" to this oline class, like btw nearly every other coach in the nfl.
and our hc, who was a tight ends coach picks a tight end and evedrybody freaks out.

lamp was never a possibilty, the rams wanted engram and plan b was everett, because these guys fit mcvays offense.
everett will play. not a guard who fell out of the first round in the worst oline cass in the modern era of the draft.