For those fearing all the QBs will be gone by #15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
i was assuming we sign all of our FA, color me hopeful
train
_________________________________________________________________________________
I have been beaten down to the point that I fear if we resign all our f a their production will drop off. seems like a lot of players really produce in contract years and then after they sing new contracts their production falls off. examples cl jl and rq

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
i was assuming we sign all of our FA, color me hopeful
train
_________________________________________________________________________________
I have been beaten down to the point that I fear if we resign all our f a their production will drop off. seems like a lot of players really produce in contract years and then after they sing new contracts their production falls off. examples cl jl and rq

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the salary cap increase this year, and the affordability of rookie contracts these days, I wouldnt write off nearly as many teams.
Wouldnt surprise me if any of these teams went QB
2. Cleveland.
3. San Diego
4. Dallas.
7. San Francisco
8. Miami
11. Chicago
12. New Orleans
13. Philadelphia

And of course there is also the possibility of teams trading up

I would be. But I'd love if Miami grabs a QB. I'd call them up right after that pick and offer to trade for Tannehill. Same with Chicago and Cutler.

Most teams are desperate to win now. I don't see them drafting a QB before they have to...at least not teams that struggled. Dallas might. But I don't see it happening in the top 5.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
What would it realistically take for us to get to 4? Bearing in mind Jerry's ego and the thought he can still pick up a quality player at 15 and supplement his QB cadre with RGIII, Manziel or Bradford as Bome said.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What would it realistically take for us to get to 4? Bearing in mind Jerry's ego and the thought he can still pick up a quality player at 15 and supplement his QB cadre with RGIII, Manziel or Bradford as Bome said.

My guess...#15, 2nd, 2016 1st, and a 2016 4th. But you never know. Depends on how highly teams value the players at the top of this draft.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hue Jackson is taking his QB at #2......and we'll have the pick of the rest...I really believe...now the question, who's the best outta Lynch, Wentz, and Cook.....

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
My guess...#15, 2nd, 2016 1st, and a 2016 4th. But you never know. Depends on how highly teams value the players at the top of this draft.

If Goff is still there, I think that is too hard to resist. But Cleveland have me worried. Hope Hue has a saviour complex going on and feels he can redeem Manziel.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Goff is still there, I think that is too hard to resist. But Cleveland have me worried. Hope Hue has a saviour complex going on and feels he can redeem Manziel.

Not happening. The reports are all saying Hue has no interest in Manziel. But Hue may go for a different veteran QB.

But Cleveland may not take Goff. As I've said before, the NFL may not be as high on Goff as I am.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
Not happening. The reports are all saying Hue has no interest in Manziel. But Hue may go for a different veteran QB.

But Cleveland may not take Goff. As I've said before, the NFL may not be as high on Goff as I am.

I hadn't heard that about Hue and Manziel. Bugger!!

Anything can happen between now and the draft but I don't see anyone jumping ahead of Goff in the QB stakes provided he stays healthy and doesn't totally screw up his interviews.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
If I'm Dallas at #4, I'm taking my future starting QB. They're only picking there because of Romo's injury which (a) put them in the position to draft a good prospect at QB and (b) demonstrates precisely why they need to draft a successor.

I can't imagine them picking that high again for some time so they'd be stupid, in my view, not to take advantage and draft their QB of the future.

I agree that Cleveland is absolutely taking a QB and is in a great position behind only Tenn (unless someone else gives up the farm and moves up into the #1 spot). Philly and San Fran are the only other teams I think will take a QB meaning potentially 4 QBs will have gone by the time we pick although this assumes Cook is taken. I don't know a great deal about these guys but I know that Cook isn't fancied as much as the others and may drop into the 2nd round.

Conclusion: If Snisher wants Goff, Wentz or Lynch, they need to move up.

fearsomefour

Legend
That thought has crossed my mind. If that happens, I'll be joining a lot of the STL fans in walking away from this team.(until Fisher is gone)
What that really says is they believe they have the long term guy in Mannion with Keenum hold the fort until he is ready.
Of course, it could also mean, they have no idea what they are doing at the position.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see at least two of the Browns, Cowboys and 49ers taking a QB in this draft. Now if only two of them do, the Eagles' 2nd and the Rams' 1st could get them up to #8 (#7 on the pick trade charts, but I don't see the 49ers doing that with the Rams) to pick Wentz for instance.

I can't see the Browns NOT taking a QB - they have wanted one too long, and their new HC is going to want somebody to build around. The Cowboys just had a season torpedoed because their aging but still good QB got injured twice and missed most of the season. They nearly took a QB two years ago - they have more reason to do so now, and are unlikely to get this good a chance again anytime soon. With Kelly in SF, even if Koepernick is kept Kelly will want somebody to groom. Only if he prefers one or two of the available QBs and they are both taken will they go elsewhere imo.

And of course, other teams may be trying to move up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope Dallas ends up with RGIII or Manziel
If not, they are a definite threat to go QB at 4.
Wentz would be perfect fit unfortunately, could ride the pine for a year behind Romo

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What that really says is they believe they have the long term guy in Mannion with Keenum hold the fort until he is ready.
Of course, it could also mean, they have no idea what they are doing at the position.

They're welcome to believe that. But it says to me that they're not serious about winning and Fisher isn't willing to do what it takes to win. And I've dealt with losing for a long time. I've reached the end of my rope. They do what it takes or I find another team to root for until Fisher is gone.

fearsomefour

Legend
They're welcome to believe that. But it says to me that they're not serious about winning and Fisher isn't willing to do what it takes to win. And I've dealt with losing for a long time. I've reached the end of my rope. They do what it takes or I find another team to root for until Fisher is gone.
Yeah, so it goes.
I'm not defending that point of view. No one knows what they really think of Mannion at this point.