For S**** and Giggles, How would you create a Rams Dynasty

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
In a Thursday waiting for game day kinda mood, I was just thinking about what it would
take for the Rams to have a Dynasty type team.

In other words a team that, on a yearly basis, would be considered in the top 2 to 3 teams
favored to win the Super Bowl.

I honestly think we are two players shy of being that team.

The first position I came up with is WR.
We currently have a very good group and I love the way Woods and Coop play the game
I consider them Blue Collar, punch the clock, go to work guys.
But if we were to pair them with a big bodied stud in the DK Metcalf mold
our offense would be unstoppable,

The second position would be ILB
If we were to have that stud ILB with the ability to be a every down backer
to be able to stuff the run and cover equally.
This Defense would go from being a top notched defense to a defense that
we would be talking about long after their playing days.

The purpose of this thread is just for the sake of conversation.
It is not a slight on our current team in any way.
I am curious to see what you guys come up with.
What do you think it would take to be that team?
Are we already there or what positions would you address.

I guess with the kicker position, that would make 3 players needed.lol

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
A damn fine start is to stop losing coordinators.

Dynasties are so hard mostly because of the cap. Players can't really afford to be selfless in this league. They have to make what they can while they can.

dang

Legend
i agree with a big bodied WR that can high point the ball and help us in the red zone. Was hoping Everett could do that but not quite. we also need to have at least one good edge rusher (eg Fowler, Leonard). 2 would be great.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Unfortunately with McVay being a rock star we're gonna keep losing coaches. If you compare Staley to some of his defensive competitors he stands out in the speed of his impact (instant elite defense is gonna get him enormous attention) so I consider him gone and I think McVay is probably deciding whether he wants to give Shula a shot and if he's leaning that way then Shula should be helping him with game preps and whatnot. But I do think Staley is special. His ability to anticipate is something.

The good thing here is that McVay works hard on the defensive side of the ball too so maybe some of what we are seeing is due to his influence. It's possible. Either way having an elite head coach means we're going to compete every season that the roster has good enough quality and that puts us ahead of most other teams just that alone.

But anyway if it was me I'd do the same thing I would have done last year: keep building the OL. We need a Center who can single up better vs the physical DTs/NTs that proliferate this league. And we need (IMO) more talent behind Whit. We really don't have a choice, as our QB requires a clean pocket so get him an OL that can keep him clean and everything will fall into place.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
There is one key position that is gonna define this next 5 years of rams football and that's Left Tackle.

We NEED to hit on the long term answer there. If we dont, the rest dont matter.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unfortunately with McVay being a rock star we're gonna keep losing coaches. If you compare Staley to some of his defensive competitors he stands out in the speed of his impact (instant elite defense is gonna get him enormous attention) so I consider him gone and I think McVay is probably deciding whether he wants to give Shula a shot and if he's leaning that way then Shula should be helping him with game preps and whatnot. But I do think Staley is special. His ability to anticipate is something.

The good thing here is that McVay works hard on the defensive side of the ball too so maybe some of what we are seeing is due to his influence. It's possible. Either way having an elite head coach means we're going to compete every season that the roster has good enough quality and that puts us ahead of most other teams just that alone.

But anyway if it was me I'd do the same thing I would have done last year: keep building the OL. We need a Center who can single up better vs the physical DTs/NTs that proliferate this league. And we need (IMO) more talent behind Whit. We really don't have a choice, as our QB requires a clean pocket so get him an OL that can keep him clean and everything will fall into place.
If I were Stan, I would try to buy three more years out of Staley.
I'm pulling out a blank check and asking Staley , just what would it take?
I wouldn't care if I had to give McVay a raise, in order for him to
remain the highest paid coach on the roster.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
i agree with a big bodied WR that can high point the ball and help us in the red zone. Was hoping Everett could do that but not quite. we also need to have at least one good edge rusher (eg Fowler, Leonard). 2 would be great.

I was assuming for sake of conversation that we were able to keep all
of the existing roster.Without Leonard, my opinion changes.

When were under center playing the run/play action game, I feel better about our
current receiving core.
It's when we're in empty or shotgun (single back) that we struggle
A big body that Goff could lean on would help tremendously. IMHO

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A big body that Goff could lean on would help tremendously. IMHO
Goffs RZ TD numbers have taken a hit since he lost that almost automatic slant to Sammy Watkins.
With Watkins, Goff had an outside go-to threat and it showed in his TD output imo.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Merlin Here is a list of potential HC's for 2021. Though Staley is on the second page of
candidates, I'm afraid your estimation may be closer to the truth.

Robert Saleh seems to be a very hot candidate as well

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
OL, OL, & DL & DL need to be great in both areas. And a freakin' Kicker please

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd get a videographer that is good at taping opponent's practices on the sly.....

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I would build a time machine and go back to the year 2000 and keep Vermeil as HC.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I would build a time machine and go back to the year 2000 and keep Vermeil as HC.

Love Vermeil....but, we have a great coach now. Can I ask, what would prompt the change? You've peaked my interest.