For jrry32: QBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
I would take Wentz over Cook, but I'm basically resigned to drafting a QB with our first round pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As long as we come away with something at QB...something that isn't Sackenberg.

FRO

Legend
No joke. Sackenberg will look good in shorts and t-shirt and the Fisher/Snead regime puts a lot of emphasis on workouts.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

103 sacks in 47 starts, but his OLine was atrocious. I do t want the Rams to pick him, but I am not writing g him off completely as an NFL QB.O'Brien worked wonders with him in his freshman year.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Bill O'Brien is a genius - talk about winning regardless, the Texans win regardless - he took that team over when they were at the bottom! and they are making it to the playoffs. Talk about a team that's gonna be really good once they get a real QB

I would make him the highest paid coach for our Rams in 2017!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
103 sacks in 47 starts, but his OLine was atrocious. I do t want the Rams to pick him, but I am not writing g him off completely as an NFL QB.O'Brien worked wonders with him in his freshman year.

I think what will really shock people is if Connor Cook and Hackenberg are both available when Houston picks. Because I think they'll take Cook.

Athos

Legend

I would never want a QB who got battered QB syndrome in college coming to the Rams with their recent O-Line history, not even mentioning his poor QB instincts and pocket feel.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would never want a QB who got battered QB syndrome in college coming to the Rams with their recent O-Line history, not even mentioning his poor QB instincts and pocket feel.

Oh I agree. I have said as much. But someone will pick him. He is going to have a great workout and he is a very well spoken intelligent kid. I think he lacks instinct and worry that he will have some scars but Bradford was much better behind a bad Oline in Philly. Maybe Hackenberg can get over it too.

I don't trust this group of coaches to fix any QB so Hackenberg is out of the question for the Rams. But I bet OBrien can resurrect him. During his Freshmen year he was right there in the conversation with Jameis Winston. Then a new coach, new offensive system and graduating Olinemen and WRs really caused him to struggle. It is telling that when Hackenberg thanked people for what they did for him in college, he left the current coaching staff out. They tried to force a square peg in a round hole.

FRO

Legend
Also with QBs and sacks, sometimes that's on the QB holding the ball too long. One of the reasons I really like Goff is a prospect is his movement in the pocket and ability to avoid the rush. Great QBs avoid the rush well.

FRO

Legend
Also I went back and watched Hackenburg's freshman games, and I wasn't impressed. Somebody will be. Someone will think they can take a big kid like that and fix his issues. I hope it's not us.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh I agree. I have said as much. But someone will pick him. He is going to have a great workout and he is a very well spoken intelligent kid. I think he lacks instinct and worry that he will have some scars but Bradford was much better behind a bad Oline in Philly. Maybe Hackenberg can get over it too.

I don't trust this group of coaches to fix any QB so Hackenberg is out of the question for the Rams. But I bet OBrien can resurrect him. During his Freshmen year he was right there in the conversation with Jameis Winston. Then a new coach, new offensive system and graduating Olinemen and WRs really caused him to struggle. It is telling that when Hackenberg thanked people for what they did for him in college, he left the current coaching staff out. They tried to force a square peg in a round hole.

He wasn't. People hyped him because he was the top QB out of HS and he was playing in a pro style scheme for a pro coach. He wasn't in Winston's class that year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've written off both Lynch and Goff up until the Rams make a move up, which I realize is very unlikely.

For 15 overall if I'm sitting at 15 and looking at both Wentz and Cook, Wentz is my guy. He has really grown on me since I've watched a lot of his games.

If Lynch and Goff go very early like in the first 3 picks, I am going to get nervous.

Overall it is looking right now there will be some very undervalued QBs in this draft due to the depth of the class, a lot of big armed and bodied QBs that will require some time to develop. I hope it doesn't come to that, as I want the Rams to get their guy early, but it's a possibility with Fish. So going back right now through games for Hackenburg, Coker, Hogan, Sudfield, Doughty, etc etc. It's a deep, deep group this year just don't want to see Fish roll the dice.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He wasn't. People hyped him because he was the top QB out of HS and he was playing in a pro style scheme for a pro coach. He wasn't in Winston's class that year.

Oh Yes he was. I read/saw all media hype. He was being called the future first overall pick. I am so sure that media were duped by him being the top recruited QB. It is funny how that never happens in any other year. And he wasn' the highest rated QB coming out of high school, that year. He was the second ranked QB. Sure he just was a notch below Winston but was still a true freshman playing at a high level. It is just your opinion Jrry. How many of his games did you actually watch that year? With all of your busy busy draft evaluations I can't imagine it was many. I recall you saying Alan Robinson was not a first round talent a few years ago too and here he is a record setting NFL receiver. Maybe you don't watch all that much Big Ten football you were of on that one too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Also with QBs and sacks, sometimes that's on the QB holding the ball too long. One of the reasons I really like Goff is a prospect is his movement in the pocket and ability to avoid the rush. Great QBs avoid the rush well.

It can also be because receivers aren't where they are supposed to be and it slows the QB down, or that they run such poor routes th a t their is nobody open. Throw in a heaDLine and that is going to make any QB look bad.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've written off both Lynch and Goff up until the Rams make a move up, which I realize is very unlikely.

For 15 overall if I'm sitting at 15 and looking at both Wentz and Cook, Wentz is my guy. He has really grown on me since I've watched a lot of his games.

If Lynch and Goff go very early like in the first 3 picks, I am going to get nervous.

Overall it is looking right now there will be some very undervalued QBs in this draft due to the depth of the class, a lot of big armed and bodied QBs that will require some time to develop. I hope it doesn't come to that, as I want the Rams to get their guy early, but it's a possibility with Fish. So going back right now through games for Hackenburg, Coker, Hogan, Sudfield, Doughty, etc etc. It's a deep, deep group this year just don't want to see Fish roll the dice.

It is quite possible that the Rams could have to trade up just to get Wentz.

The Gabbert, Ponder, Locker year has cooled everyone off on risking high picks on QBs that aren't really top prospects. So they back off and then Carr and Bridgewater recently go around the second/third round threshold and a lot of teams are kicking themselves. Ill bet that they will be back to not wanting to risk passing them up this time around.

FRO

Legend
It is quite possible that the Rams could have to trade up just to get Wentz.

The Gabbert, Ponder, Locker year has cooled everyone off on risking high picks on QBs that aren't really top prospects. So they back off and then Carr and Bridgewater recently go around the second/third round threshold and a lot of teams are kicking themselves. Ill bet that they will be back to not wanting to risk passing them up this time around.
It's seemed like the last 2 years teams haven't forced the issue at QB. Hope this year is no different and at minimum we get to choose between Wentz and Cook.