for discussion's sake, chud vid & some posts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYSZaInie8g[/youtube]

SI_JimTrotter: if i'm the rams, i'd hire chudzinski over fisher. yeah, i said it. fisher has 6 winning seasons in 17 years. ppl are acting like he's BB.

SI_JimTrotter: chud would get the most out of bradford and bring stability to that side of the ball. he's respected by some top execs. he'd be my choice.

zn

Like Brian the Shottenheimer, Chudzinski runs a Coryell system.

Jimitroutboy

Ricky Proehl is the WR coach of Carolina and he raves about this guy,

Not jumping onto his wagon so much as just pointing out that if you hire an offensive coach as head coach you never have to change schemes, terminology and philosophy again with your young QB.

Provided of course you pick the right guy.

gqscholar

Finally the Rams are about to interview Chudzinski

Chud got the best out of every qb he ever coached. He made Derek Anderson look like NFL starting material.

He builds around the qb skill set and doesn't force a offense around a qb even if it doesn't best suite the qb skills.

Its not just QB's runs offenses to best suite all of his players.

He brought Steve Smith career back to life.

He succeeded in Cleveland, San Diego and now in Carolina.

I want Chudzinski

The Rams offense needs a guy who will build a offense that best takes advantage of what Bradford, Jackson and other up and coming pieces do.

Thats Chud

dougmla

Actually, he hasn't had lots of experience, he's only had 3 seasons in the NFL as an offensive coordinator. He's actually only been coaching in the NFL since 2004, and most of the years he's been in the NFL has been as a tight ends coach. The rest of his experience has been at the college level.

Now as for that one good season, you're right it wasn't one, it was two. He had one good season in Cleveland, and another here at Carolina - both his first years as the OC for the team.

But - what I don't understand is everyone's giving him credit for the good year he had in Cleveland but no one wants to talk about/or give him credit for the horrendous year he had with Cleveland in 2008. The offense went from 8th ranked in 2007 to 31st in 2008. And he does well in his first season at Carolina, but do you give all the credit to Chud, or do you also acknowledge the easy schedule, and the talent/play of Cam Newton?

All I'm saying is he's a flavor of the month right now because he just finished one good season with Carolina, but we've made this mistake before, ie. Linehan. I'd like to see him have a solid offense year in and year out for a few seasons straight to show some consistency. IE. Philbin in Green Bay, Mularkey in Atlanta, etc....

freedom 1

As both a Rams and Panthers fan (original season ticket holder in Carolina until transfer to STL in March of 99), I can tell you this would be a good move. If Fish goes to Miami, and we go the coordinator route, Chud is probably the best equiped guy to take. First, everyone who works with him (players, coaches, front office) all agree he is a future HC, and love playing for him. Second, he ADAPTS his offensive schemes to the strengths of his players. One reason Cam had so much success this season is due to Chud adapting the playbook to incorporate Cam's strengths (options, rollout, designed run, downfield vertical, etc.). I still want a proven HC, but Chud is certainly worth serious consideration.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If we have to go coordinator route, he'd be near the top of the list, but I'm iffy on his experience level to be honest. I'd love him as an OC, but unless we get a strong GM, I'll be a little worried about him being the HC. At the very least we'd need to get an experienced football guru to be the president, but if we get a rookie HC with a rookie GM and no president, (which is what we look like we're going for right now) then it looks like we're just doing what we did last time.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Thanks for posting this ZN. Now Id like to respond to the quote from douglma. Chudzinski is not just the "flavor of the month." This isnt the first time other teams have wanted to interview him for the HC job. After the 07 season the Baltimore Ravens wanted to interview him. He declined.

Chudzinski came back to the Browns last January and last fall called the plays for an offense that went from the bottom of the NFL to the top ten in points scored and yards gained.

The league took notice. Chudzinski declined an opportunity to interview for the Ravens' vacant head coaching position over the weekend, opting instead to stay with the Browns.

"I would like to thank Ozzie Newsome and the Baltimore Ravens organization for considering me as a candidate for their head coaching position," Chudzinski said in a statement. "However, at this time it was the best decision for me both personally and professionally to stay in Cleveland and continue the rebuilding process with the Browns. I'm pleased with the progress we made as an offensive unit this season and I feel this team is headed in the right direction."

<a class="postlink" href="http://web.archive.org/web/20080110180047/http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=8099" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://web.archive.org/web/200801101800 ... hp?id=8099</a>

The Browns 08 season looked VERY SIMILAR to the Rams from this season. They didnt score a TD the last 6 weeks, so of course they lost all those games. After week 12 Brady Quinn was put on IR, after week 13 Derek Anderson went on IR. They had to play 4 QBs that season. Through the first 10 games of that season the Browns record was 4-6 and they were averaging around 20 points per game. Anderson started 8 of those, and then Quinn started 2.

So what can we learn from that? I still think you have to be impressed with what Chudzinski got out of QBs like Anderson and Quinn, especially when you look at what those QBs have done since then.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It would be nice if he had more than just one season at Carolina to compare.

Some interesting notes just from Wiki. Sure as hell would be a good hire for Kendricks haha.

Robert A. Chudzinski (born May 12, 1968 in Toledo, Ohio) is an American football coach. He is currently the offensive coordinator for the Carolina Panthers. [1] He was previously the tight ends coach of the San Diego Chargers (twice) and the offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns from 2007-2008.[2] He had served as the tight ends coach and interim offensive coordinator of the Browns in 2004. In 2007, the Browns ranked eighth overall on offense and finished 2nd in the AFC North with a record of 10-6. However, after the 2008 season Chudzinski was replaced by Brian Daboll as offensive coordinator, following the firing of Browns head coach Romeo Crennel and the hiring of new head coach Eric Mangini. From 1996-2003, Chudzinski coached at his alma mater, the University of Miami. He served as the tight ends coach from 1996-2000. From 2001-2003, he served as both the tight ends coach and offensive coordinator. In 2001, the Hurricanes won the national championship. During his tenure at the University of Miami he coached three All-American tight ends: Bubba Franks, Jeremy Shockey, and Kellen Winslow II. He has coached both Winslow and Shockey in the NFL as well. With the San Diego Chargers, Chudzinski coached All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates.

Chudzinski is often known simply as "Chud." He attended high school in Toledo at St. John's Jesuit High School. He played college football for the University of Miami from 1986–1990 and won a national championship with the Canes in 1987, and again in 1989.

In 2011, Chudzinski was named the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator. He took one of the league's worst offenses in 2010 and transformed it into one of the top 10 offenses in 2011. The Panthers finished seventh overall in the league on offense, fifth in points scored, and set a new franchise record for total yards in a season. Chudzinski has emerged as a top candidate for head coaching vacancies throughout the league.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Chudzinski" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Chudzinski</a>

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Just remembering back to that 2001 Miami Hurricanes team. Ridiculously stacked. What a team.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Loserhan Part II is what I predict if he's brought on board. :sick:

He'll probably "Wow" the business minds conducting the interview.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Selassie I said:
Loserhan Part II is what I predict if he's brought on board. :sick:

He'll probably "Wow" the business minds conducting the interview.

There is no such thing a Loserhan II lol

He was one of a kind.

With that said, I'm on board with Chud.