For Any Eagles Fans Lurking

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think an elite QB would hold the ball that long in that situation that late in the game with a lead, knowing his RT was out?
Wentz has more fumbles, interceptions and sacks than Goff. If even the greatest QB in the game makes those mistakes so will our guy Jared.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So, you think that was Goff’s fault?
Yes....you can't hold the ball there....down on your end....think it was first or 2nd down too....no need...throw it away or run for somethin...he had plenty of time to see the field....

But everyone wants to blame Williams...who did his job...or McVay...who called the play.....really?

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Yes....you can't hold the ball there....down on your end....think it was first or 2nd down too....no need...throw it away or run for somethin...he had plenty of time to see the field....

But everyone wants to blame Williams...who did his job...or McVay...who called the play.....really?
Yeah, really on both. Should have been running the ball with the lead and not throwing a deep ball with back-up LT playing RT. Dumb play calling.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Do you think an elite QB would hold the ball that long in that situation that late in the game with a lead, knowing his RT was out?
Who’s calling Goff elite at this point?? Dumb play call for the reason(s) you, yourself mention.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wentz has more fumbles, interceptions and sacks than Goff. If even the greatest QB in the game makes those mistakes so will our guy Jared.

That's beside the point.

I love Goff. He's on his way to being an elite QB. But he's not there yet and to deflect his responsibility of being safe with the ball at that point and time in the game is wrong. He learned a valuable lesson there and hopefully takes it with him moving forward, because there are more tough games ahead where that should benefit him.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Running QB's get hurt.
They do tend to have shorter careers.
Which is one reason I was telling people that they were about 10 years too early to say that Wentz is a better quarterback.
Longevity in a career is very important.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah, really on both. Should have been running the ball with the lead and not throwing a deep ball with back-up LT playing RT. Dumb play calling.
If the play was dumb....or looked like it wouldn't work....why not audible? Why not check it down? Why not run it? Oh yeah, none of you guys want him to scramble....Ok....

Blame Williams if you want....Blame McVay too....

Players play

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They do tend to have shorter careers.
Which is one reason I was telling people that they were about 10 years too early to say that Wentz is a better quarterback.
Longevity in a career is very important.

Truth.

Running QB advantage: quicker transition to the league as DEs have to honor the contain on the rush.

Running QB disadvantage: short shelf life if they don't learn to survive in the pocket.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
If the play was dumb....or looked like it wouldn't work....why not audible? Why not check it down? Why not run it? Oh yeah, none of you guys want him to scramble....Ok....

Blame Williams if you want....Blame McVay too....

Players play
He’s at 23 year old QB. Think about that once in a while.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Dude, Kurt Warner made a living holding the ball too long. Hopefully Goff learns though. Can't do that in that situation as should the coach even more so learn situational playcalling.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dude, Kurt Warner made a living holding the ball too long. Hopefully Goff learns though. Can't do that in that situation as should the coach even more so learn situational playcalling.
different game now....and Kurt hurt himself holding the ball...not only physically...but also with the turnovers...
You have to have a quicker internal clock...the game requires it much more in 2017.

We had a big bomb a couple weeks ago to Woods....on a similar play....Havenstein was able to make a difficult block that allowed for the throw...seemed to be more of a 7 step and throw....could have been 5.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
How old was Brady when he won his first SB? How about Rothlisberger??? How old is Deshaun Watson? How old is old enough for you?

Brady was 24 yrs 6 months during SB 36... just an fyi.

Stump23

Rookie
That's beside the point.

I love Goff. He's on his way to being an elite QB. But he's not there yet and to deflect his responsibility of being safe with the ball at that point and time in the game is wrong. He learned a valuable lesson there and hopefully takes it with him moving forward, because there are more tough games ahead where that should benefit him.
Yeah, but if you heard the presser after the game, Goff owned the fumble. Said it was his job to execute the play successfully-throw it away, run, whatever. Said it was not McVay's fault (and not RT's fault). That is what he will learn from and get better next time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, but if you heard the presser after the game, Goff owned the fumble. Said it was his job to execute the play successfully-throw it away, run, whatever. Said it was not McVay's fault (and not RT's fault). That is what he will learn from and get better next time.

I did and as usual Goff did indeed own it. Which is just another reason I believe he will get to that elite status.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Brady was 24 yrs 6 months during SB 36... just an fyi.

Must have graduated at 23....
Damn....Ben was that old?
Yeah, but if you heard the presser after the game, Goff owned the fumble. Said it was his job to execute the play successfully-throw it away, run, whatever. Said it was not McVay's fault (and not RT's fault).

I did and as usual Goff did indeed own it.
Owning up to ones mistakes is truly a sign of growth and maturity....McVay preaches this....
So I'll agree here with you two...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That's beside the point.

Goff has a history of learning from these situations. He just turned 23 a couple months ago. He's got 20 career games under his belt. But he's got a very good mentality for the position. I have a feeling we're going to see improvements in areas of deficiency sooner than later.

I wasn't sure if Goff was a flash in the pan the first half of the season. But the poise and confidence he's shown since the Minny loss has impressed me. 26, 32 and 35 points in the 3 games since. He's a confident but not cocky kid.

His late game play wasn't good last time but it might be a blessing in disguise. He knows what happened. I have all the confidence in the world that he'll get better and be considered a clutch player at some point.