Football post....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PaRam24

UDFA
Sooo, what are some thoughts about the chances of us being able to retain all of our young, talented secondary guys. Does amyone know how much cap we will have in the offseason, and do you think we will be players in the free agent market or continue to build through the draft. Just trying to get back to some actual football talk lol.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sooo, what are some thoughts about the chances of us being able to retain all of our young, talented secondary guys. Does amyone know how much cap we will have in the offseason, and do you think we will be players in the free agent market or continue to build through the draft. Just trying to get back to some actual football talk lol.

What's our cap situation? I think we're going to be able to keep both Johnson and Jenkins.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now without any cuts or restructures we have an estimated $36 million. There's also the possibility that we could roll over the 2 million ish that wasn't spent from last years cap. Though recent history says the Rams will use that for bonuses for rookies and vet minimum players.

fearsomefour

Legend
The cap is supposed to expand and I would expect a cut or two.
Johnson, Barron and JJ....that is how I would prioritize those guys, only because I think JJ is looking seriously to leave. Strikes me as the kind of guy who would fall for a flashy, back loaded contract so that he could say he was highest paid CB (would last for about a week or two) in the NFL....even though he would not see the big money years of that contract. Would love to have all of them back.
They need to move that number up from $36 or $38M they have now to around $50M to make that happen....that is assuming they all even want to come back. Other teams like Oakland and SF who need secondary help have more money to spend. It will be very tough to keep all the guys we want to keep.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
As has been said, the cap should go up. I think we can keep them all, provided they want to stay. If guys want out - or will only stay unless we pay them far above market value, preferring to go to a 'sexier' market/team - there is not much the Rams can do about that.

We have some decent cap room and *should* be making some more with even only the obvious pay cuts like Cook.

We also have the less obvious cuts if required e.g. cutting one of JL55 or Chris Long. I am in the group that strongly supports this move if it is required to retain our FAs. Both are only average at best at this point. You can *maybe* afford to have one vastly overpaid player on the roster for his 'experience' and 'leadership'. Not two. That will cripple a team. Realistically, we have been playing with Long for a good chunk of the last two seasons anyway. The d-line still played fine.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think JL55 counts much towards the cap next year? And I bet the Long takes a huge pay cut to stay a RAM. With the move I would like to see both there to help the young guys focus.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
im pretty tired of being politically correct and nicey nicey. Jenkins magnificent physical talent on field 50 ct brain Rams will regret giving him a big contract.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Yes we have the cap room to sign those 3 guys but we'll be broke after that. Fisher has proven over and over again, he doesn't think like others. It is almost guaranteed that Cook, Long and etc (the obvious cuts/ restructures) will still be here.