Football Outsiders through 2 weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
When your D line is #2 against the run, then you can afford to have 210 and 185 pound linebackers in Barron and Joyner.....I like this 'concept'. And believe that Mo Alexander might make a great OLB if someone gets hurt or we find a 'true' FS.

Got this info below from another site:

FootballOutsiders is back with their weekly DVOA ratings.
[www.footballoutsiders.com]
Some good and bad for the Rams early on...

The Good
- Rams rank 9th overall on defense (8th vs. pass, 12th vs. run)
- Rams defensive line is rated 2nd as a unit vs. the run
- Rams rank 5th overall on special teams- punt coverage ranks 4th in the league and kickoff coverage tied for 8th
- Kenny Britt is ranked 20th among 86 WRs
- Lance Kendricks is ranked 16th among 33 TEs
The Bad
- Rams rank 28th overall (this week's opponent, Tampa Bay, is 30th)
- Rams rank last in total offense- 32nd in passing and 31st in rushing...
- Case Keenum is ranked last among 34 QBs
- Rams defensive line is rated 28th in pass rush/Adjusted Sack Rate
- Tavon Austin is ranked last among 86 WRs...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And believe that Mo Alexander might make a great OLB if someone gets hurt or we find a 'true' FS.
Seems like Mo is doing great at FS/SS...interchangeable....And seems like the run defense improved with just a lil Josh Forrest in there...and the passing defense really improved with Sensabaugh on the bench, and Joyner scared he was going there next...

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mo Alexander looks like he doesn't know where to go all the time.....McCleod took a while to become very good, but, I don't think Mo has the college training for this like McC did.

Psycho_X

Legend
Seems like every season we're wondering where our pass rush is for a while and then suddenly we have a game where they make a QB bleed and have like 6 sacks to open up the rest of the season. Good to see the run defense is good though. That was one concern but we haven't exactly played two dominant running teams.

Who would have guessed rolling out the exact same offense that ranked last the past season would still be last this season? Maddening.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Ranked 34 out of 32 starters, ouch. And how many rooks are starting at the qb position?

I just don't think Goff would rank worse than 34 so let's get him in there for crying out loud.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
:headexplosion:START GOFF!!!!! and open up the damn playbook (if that's even possible!!)

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mo Alexander is light years ahead of where he was at the beginning of last season. I expect him to continue to make progress and by the end of this season we will forget about McLoud.

…..

Legend
This doesn't need to turn into another """"Start Goff!!!!"" thread , does it?

What stands out more to me is last years touchdown maker, Tavon Austin is ranked 86th out of 86. I'm not bagging on Austin just yet, but it is disappointing considering how Fisher gushed about his potential touches and backed it up with 42 million dollars.

Its too early to go crazy about the offense, but from my point of view things need to start looking up pretty damn quickly.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This doesn't need to turn into another """"Start Goff!!!!"" thread , does it?

What stands out more to me is last years touchdown maker, Tavon Austin is ranked 86th out of 86. I'm not bagging on Austin just yet, but it is disappointing considering how Fisher gushed about his potential touches and backed it up with 42 million dollars.

Its too early to go crazy about the offense, but from my point of view things need to start looking up pretty damn quickly.

Tavon might be the single most overhyped player in the league