Football legend, sportscaster Frank Gifford dies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/09/us/frank-gifford-dies/index.html

(CNN)Former NFL star and longtime sportscaster Frank Gifford died Sunday of natural causes in his Connecticut home, his family said.

Gifford, who was married to talk show host Kathie Lee Gifford, was 84.

"It is with the deepest sadness that we announce the sudden passing of our beloved husband, father and friend, Frank Gifford," the Gifford family said in a statement.

"We rejoice in the extraordinary life he was privileged to live, and we feel grateful and blessed to have been loved by such an amazing human being. We ask that our privacy be respected at this difficult time and we thank you for your prayers."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Aw, that's too bad. Good long life though, and he's immortalized in the HOF.
One of the most recognized voices of MNF there will ever be.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Aw, that's too bad. Good long life though, and he's immortalized in the HOF.
One of the most recognized voices of MNF there will ever be.

Right on point as always sir, one of the best and a great guy too...RIP Giff a man that was coached by both Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
One of the great voices in professional sports.

:(

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
i-068fdf2c7c2b3e061ab78dc140158b3c-don.meredith.howard.cosell.frank.gifford.jpg

I grew up with them. They helped to make Monday Night Football an event.

All gone now.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's not forget his greatest accomplishment. Nailing an in her prime Kathie Lee.

Just saying.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Right on point as always sir, one of the best and a great guy too...RIP Giff a man that was coached by both Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry.
Feel the way way. Hell of a talented player too, from the old school football days, when they had half-backs and stuff.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
i-068fdf2c7c2b3e061ab78dc140158b3c-don.meredith.howard.cosell.frank.gifford.jpg

I grew up with them. They helped to make Monday Night Football an event.

All gone now.

Wow until you mentioned that I wouldn't have thought of it.

Cosell, what a talent. His book is worth reading, very entertaining.

Ram65

Legend
Frank Gifford seemed ageless. I think he was underrated and underappreciated as a football announcer. He made good points and kept Howard and Dandy Don on task which wasn't easy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its too bad our bodies have a shelf life. A guy like him will missed throughout the football world. But at least he will be immortalized with the Hall of Fame. He was the guy I enjoyed listening to during the MNF broadcasts. Those were the good ole days.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm sure alot of it had to do with my age at the time

being just a kid , but I can still remember , it didn't matter what us kids were doing or where we were in the house , but when that opening theme to MNF came on , we all came running for the living room , Don , Frank and Howard were just larger then life

nothing has ever come close since

R.I.P. Frank

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Frank Gifford seemed ageless. I think he was underrated and underappreciated as a football announcer. He made good points and kept Howard and Dandy Don on task which wasn't easy.
Yes he did. I think he was the only sober one after halftime. I think they shaped a generation of football fans. Could you imagine them calling a game today with all the rule changes? It would be classic.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Same here. My earliest memories of MNF was with this crew.

There were entertaining and the banter was amusing. It was something truly special and I don't think you will see anything like it again.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RIP, Giff!

We're thankful for all those years you entertained us and you will be missed!