Football Gameplan's 2014 Mock Draft Video - January (2 Rounds)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Sometimes I wonder about what game tapes this guy watches. A LB in the second round? Not even one of the top three.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sometimes I wonder about what game tapes this guy watches. A LB in the second round? Not even one of the top three.

I like Shazier, also, wouldnt you expect the top 3 lb's to be gone by then?

Alan

Legend
Tron with a different take:
I like Shazier, also, wouldnt you expect the top 3 lb's to be gone by then?
Two separate issues here in my mind.

I certainly would expect the top OLBs to be gone by then. But having one unexpectedly drop to us would be the ONLY excuse I could think of for drafting an OLB in the second round. Sometimes a player is just too good to pass up. Were that the case in this instance, I would have been OK with this pick even though it isn't one of our top priorities. Which leads my to the second issue.

Does this guy not know what our needs are? When he picked two O-liners in the first round I thought to myself, OK this guy knows the Rams. Then he proceeds to show that he's clueless (IMO) by ignoring FS, CB and WR by choosing to draft a player whose position was only on the field for about 40% of our offensive plays. A position that has other , if not as good, decent options already on our team or in Dunbar's case, available for probably a small cost.

Shazier might be a good player but so are many other players we don't need or can't afford to draft.

So that's my view on this.

EDIT: He seems to have some head scratchers every year. If I remember right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Does this guy not know what our needs are? When he picked two O-liners in the first round I thought to myself, OK this guy knows the Rams. Then he proceeds to show that he's clueless (IMO) by ignoring FS, CB and WR by choosing to draft a player whose position was only on the field for about 40% of our offensive plays. A position that has other , if not as good, decent options already on our team or in Dunbar's case, available for probably a small cost.

Shazier might be a good player but so are many other players we don't need or can't afford to draft.

So that's my view on this.

EDIT: He seems to have some head scratchers every year. If I remember right.

I like Em's videos. But after he had us taking Gabe Jackson at #13 i kind of didn't like this mock to much. Actually didn't even think of the good point you brought up, and after you said it, i agree. CB, S are much bigger needs that weren't taken in the 1st, or with our 2nd rounder (Still on the fence about wr). I wouldnt want to take a LB of his caliber that early unless we had already taken a CB/S/O-line combo before hand. Only way i would take a LB that early, or in the 1st is if they were one of the elite LB prospects or we had already covered more than just one area of need.

Alan

Legend
Yep. As for being on the fence about the WR position, that's why I listed that position last. Also, like you, I wasn't all that thrilled about drafting Jackson at #13 but it's just a mock and it is a position of need. Although I'd put G behind CB and FS.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yep. As for being on the fence about the WR position, that's why I listed that position last. Also, like you, I wasn't all that thrilled about drafting Jackson at #13 but it's just a mock and it is a position of need. Although I'd put G behind CB and FS.

Agree with all of that.