Football Cards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I've got boxes and binders full of cards. Over the summer I spent a week sorting through cards getting them in order by year followed by alphabetical order by the company manufacturer.

I keep all my Rams separate from the others in a binder. My father gave me all 116 of his Rams cards and I currently have 351 cards that I've bought myself - not including duplicates.

Here are some of my favorite cards.

Merlin Olsen 1971 topps.
20150829_135603[1].jpg

Jack Youngblood 1979 topps.
20150829_135803[1].jpg

Isaac Bruce 1994 topps RC
20150829_140137[1].jpg

Kurt Warner 1999 Upper Deck Encore
20150829_152817[1].jpg

Kurt Warner & Torry Holt 1999 topps stars Rookie Relic Jersey Cards.
20150829_154842[1].jpg

Stedman Bailey & Tavon Austin 2013 topps prime RCs
20150829_155206[1].jpg

Please feel free to comment or share some pics of your cards (and it doesn't have to be just Rams players). I'd love to see them! :)

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is probably a common theme but. Growing up I collected it all comic books, baseball and football cards. I had one hell of a collection and this was before they went through the roof. Anyway off to college I went. Only when I came back years later looking for them. My beloved mother had thrown them all out with the trash. Still brings a tear to my eye. Great collection kudos.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've got boxes and binders full of cards. Over the summer I spent a week sorting through cards getting them in order by year followed by alphabetical order by the company manufacturer.

I keep all my Rams separate from the others in a binder. My father gave me all 116 of his Rams cards and I currently have 351 cards that I've bought myself - not including duplicates.

Here are some of my favorite cards.

Merlin Olsen 1971 topps.
View attachment 9779

Jack Youngblood 1979 topps.
View attachment 9780

Isaac Bruce 1994 topps RC
View attachment 9781

Kurt Warner 1999 Upper Deck Encore
View attachment 9783

Kurt Warner & Torry Holt 1999 topps stars Rookie Relic Jersey Cards.
View attachment 9784

Stedman Bailey & Tavon Austin 2013 topps prime RCs
View attachment 9785

Please feel free to comment or share some pics of your cards (and it doesn't have to be just Rams players). I'd love to see them! :)

Actually the 1999 "rookie" card for Warner isn't his rookie card.

He didn't have any of the big card companies make a card for him.

He had a card made by someone else, I think it was a local Iowa company for a giveaway or something. He wore #10 as a rookie in 1998, Green took #10 when he came to the Rams and Warner was issued #13.

http://www.beckett.com/football/1998/rams-team-issue/46-kurt-warner-2256315

I have one of these in mint condition. I believe only 1,000 were printed.

Anyone selling 1999 cards at a premium as a rookie card are ripping you off. 1999 cards for Warner are rare, there aren't a lot of them. But they aren't his rookie card.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is probably a common theme but. Growing up I collected it all comic books, baseball and football cards. I had one hell of a collection and this was before they went through the roof. Anyway off to college I went. Only when I came back years later looking for them. My beloved mother had thrown them all out with the trash. Still brings a tear to my eye. Great collection kudos.

Well sending a lot of cards to an early grave was done zillions of times. If all those old cards we collectred were still around the value would be lower LOL.

So show your gratitude for mom helping inflate the prices!!!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I sold all my cards except for my Rams cards. The trouble is I'm not sure what I want to do with them. As I get older I'm probably going to want to pass them along to a good home but since Rams fans in Pennsylvania aren't all over the place it's going to be a challenge. I'd give them to my son but he's a Steelers fan and I'm not even sure he'd want them. Maybe I will anyway with instructions to NEVER destroy them.

Maybe I'll go the Ebay route and take whatever I get.

I'm torn over the whole thing. I also have some of the Starting Lineups and the other ones(can't remember who made them) plus a few pieces of other memorabilia. My son was SUPPOSED to be a Rams fan. I really tried. But.....kids--what can you do?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually the 1999 "rookie" card for Warner isn't his rookie card.

He didn't have any of the big card companies make a card for him.

He had a card made by someone else, I think it was a local Iowa company for a giveaway or something. He wore #10 as a rookie in 1998, Green took #10 when he came to the Rams and Warner was issued #13.

http://www.beckett.com/football/1998/rams-team-issue/46-kurt-warner-2256315

I have one of these in mint condition. I believe only 1,000 were printed.

Anyone selling 1999 cards at a premium as a rookie card are ripping you off. 1999 cards for Warner are rare, there aren't a lot of them. But they aren't his rookie card.

Dang that's a nice card, Les. I would love to find a 1998 Warner card.
Here's another #10 Kurt Warner.
warner-m.jpg

(I don't own one, I found it on google.)

Yeah I realize '99 wasn't his rookie year, I just used the word rookie because that's what the text says on both cards. It's not a rip off or a fake because it's recognized in the Beckett card book and it's worth a couple bucks.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Jack Youngblood signed one of his Hall of Fame cards for me. He lives here in Orlando, so we were bound to cross paths being that there probably aren't even a handful of us living here. LOL

@Ramrasta keeps it safe for me

unnamed-2-1.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Dang that's a nice card, Les. I would love to find a 1998 Warner card.
Here's another #10 Kurt Warner.
warner-m.jpg

(I don't own one, I found it on google.)

Yeah I realize '99 wasn't his rookie year, I just used the word rookie because that's what the text says on both cards. It's not a rip off or a fake because it's recognized in the Beckett card book and it's worth a couple bucks.

That is very nice!!! I've never seen a color card form 1998.....WOW that's sweet.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I sold all my cards except for my Rams cards. The trouble is I'm not sure what I want to do with them. As I get older I'm probably going to want to pass them along to a good home but since Rams fans in Pennsylvania aren't all over the place it's going to be a challenge. I'd give them to my son but he's a Steelers fan and I'm not even sure he'd want them. Maybe I will anyway with instructions to NEVER destroy them.

Maybe I'll go the Ebay route and take whatever I get.

I'm torn over the whole thing. I also have some of the Starting Lineups and the other ones(can't remember who made them) plus a few pieces of other memorabilia. My son was SUPPOSED to be a Rams fan. I really tried. But.....kids--what can you do?

Just don't tell me he's a Steelers fan!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Just don't tell me he's a Steelers fan!

Unfortunately I failed as a father to lead him down the path of lifelong Rams fan fun. He wanted more local teams but actually we're on the Eagles side of the state.

Must have been the Steelers rings and obnoxious Eagles fans that led him to the Steelers.

Anyway I tried. You have no idea.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Unfortunately I failed as a father to lead him down the path of lifelong Rams fan fun. He wanted more local teams but actually we're on the Eagles side of the state.

Must have been the Steelers rings and obnoxious Eagles fans that led him to the Steelers.

Anyway I tried. You have no idea.

It's unfortunate..........what can you do you have to let people make their own mistakes right.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Jack Youngblood signed one of his Hall of Fame cards for me. He lives here in Orlando, so we were bound to cross paths being that there probably aren't even a handful of us living here. LOL

@Ramrasta keeps it safe for me

unnamed-2-1.jpg
That is beautiful @Selassie!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I have tons of old cards - mostly from the 70's and 80's, but also a few here and there from the 60's, 90's and through the 2000's. I have one of the Kurt Warner rookie cards. It was from Pacific... I'll see if I can find a picture and post it. I have boxes and boxes of them, along with complete sets, binders, etc... they used to be worth a lot more money than now. I remember back in the 70's as a young lad, my Dad would always bring me back home a pack of baseball or football cards from the convenience store. Any big name player in football or baseball from the 70's, I'll have their rookie card.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I used to collect all kinds of trading cards as a kid , not just football , although those were my primary ones

But I haven't collected any cards in 25 years

Except , every year I buy the TOPPS Rams Team Set

I have every TOPPS Rams set since 1968

Looking at this years set , it's pretty disappointing , only 10 cards

And not one single wide receiver , even Chris Long doesn't get a car this year

$_57.JPG

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I used to collect all kinds of trading cards as a kid , not just football , although those were my primary ones

But I haven't collected any cards in 25 years

Except , every year I buy the TOPPS Rams Team Set

I have every TOPPS Rams set since 1968

Looking at this years set , it's pretty disappointing , only 10 cards

And not one single wide receiver , even Chris Long doesn't get a car this year

$_57.JPG
Wow, those are nice; when did the topps set come out? I haven't seen any in stores, but they look pretty good. I like when the rookies are in the uniforms.

If you wanted some wide receiver cards you should buy the score cards. No Aaron Donald nor Chris Long, but a lot of offense and a few more cards than what topps has.

Unfortunately, none of the stores that I've been to carry the Rams team set. So I've had to buy in packs.

The only card I'm missing is Todd Gurley. Here's what the score cards look like:

20150831_195501[1].jpg
20150831_195717[1].jpg

Hoping I can get Gurley tomorrow. Also, lol at Zac Stacy.

Nice cards, @IowaRam . Thanks for sharing!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
TOPPS is the only cards I collect

TOPPS are basically the original sports trading card company , and they were all there was when I started collecting cards as a kid , then the late 80's and 90's came along and a bunch of other companies came along like Upper Deck and Score , and a half dozen others , then all of a sudden , everything became so overly mass produced , it got to they weren't worth much , and that's about the time I stopped collecting cards

Now all I get are the Rams TOPPS set , by choice , I'm just sticking with the original company and that's it , I just buy the set off of eBay for like 6 bucks , with S/A

I just collect for myself , they get put in a plastic sleeves and put in a box with the rest of them in the basement

The reason I mentioned no wide receiver card in the set this year is because , of all the Rams receiver , not even one is worthy of his own TOPPS trading card this year , :(