Food for Thought...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
Just some food for thought:

The Panthers just recently cut Antoine Cason. I know he isn't the best in the world and he is a CB and he has his faults, but I if the Rams picked him up and converted him to Safety to take over Mcleod's spot. Just as a thought.

Now they are similar stats but he provides the veteran depth we could use at that position.

RESULTS: CASON: +4 Tackles, +1 INT, +3 FF. Mcleod: + AGE, + Experience

Rodney McLeod
GP TotTckl Sacks Int TDs FF
12 53 0 1 0 1

Antoine Cason
GP TotTckl Sacks Int TDs FF
11 57 0 2 0 4

Last edited:

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd rather they move Joyner to Mcleod's spot since Gaines looked good at slot CB and Joyner is better suited for the FS position, IMO.

manmaderam

The one and only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That works too, that's why its food for thought

Alan

Legend
I don't know about Cason but I'll say it again, Fisher doesn't see Joyner as a safety so until I hear he's changed his tune on that score I'm not going to look at that as an option.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ina-panthers-to-release-veteran-antoine-cason
Carolina Panthers release veteran Antoine Cason

• Panthers will start looking at younger players.

Carolina on Tuesday parted ways with cornerback Antoine Cason, releasing the veteran. The 28-year-old was on a one-year deal and will finish his time under Ron Rivera with a pair of interceptions and 44 tackles.
    The move likely opens the door for Bene' Benwikere, the team's fifth-round pick in 2014, to get some more playing time. Cason was merely helping them tread water in the meantime.

Cason will hit waivers on Tuesday afternoon and could be an interesting option for a competitive team looking to secure some cornerback depth down the stretch.

Cason was a first-round pick by the San Diego Chargers in 2008 and spent last season in Arizona.

Cason played in nearly 700 snaps for the Panthers this year, though he was in on fewer than half on Sunday against the Vikings.

This doesn't really say why they released him. He's only 28 so there's something fishy here.

A55VA6

Legend
I would rather have McLeod. Other than the miscommunications with Jenkz, he's played some good football and I'd like to see him and T.J. continue to improve together at safety.

manmaderam

The one and only
I'm over here in Charlotte, NC! Panther territory/ lots of Fans I work with. They said they cut him because they are just frustrated by Ron Rivera's Defense and the organization using him as scapegoat from what they mostly say

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I haven't watched Carolina games so I have no personal opinion of his play, obviously Carolina judged that he was bad (mixed in with wanting to find scapegoats for their season). PFF grades him out pretty much dead last among CBs -- and since I think PFF is full of crap that's enough for me to think there's some possible value here! The Rams seem to like taking gambles at guys that have bad grade reputations (with some bad results, see: Davin Joseph). But here the guy is making the league minimum so there's really not much downside to taking a gamble, maybe see if he's better than people think, fits in the locker room, and get a leg up in signing him in the offseason.

manmaderam

The one and only
I wish we would could lock up Derek Sherrod as well for a good Backup Tackle @ league minimum

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Mark me down as one that is happy with Rodney. I think it's the murder of Emmanuel Sanders that sold me on him.

I wish we would could lock up Derek Sherrod as well for a good Backup Tackle @ league minimum
I don't see Sherrod being an upgrade over Person. Maybe if he's healthy and available next year, he might make a good camp body.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would rather have McLeod. Other than the miscommunications with Jenkz, he's played some good football and I'd like to see him and T.J. continue to improve together at safety.
McLeod has taken a beating by us fans.
I think he's been playing well this season, save a couple of blown coverage assignments.
He's a physical player as well.
Hes still young and he's getting better.

manmaderam

The one and only
McLeod has taken a beating by us fans.
I think he's been playing well this season, save a couple of blown coverage assignments.

I agree he is getting beat up by our fan base and doesn't deserve all of it. But he
is a liability sometimes. He would make a great backup as well IMHO

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I agree he is getting beat up by our fan base and doesn't deserve all of it. But he
is a liability sometimes. He would make a great backup as well IMHO

What safety doesn't give up plays? No player is perfect and you can't expect McLeod to be. He's playing good right now and is starting to get the hang of the system just like everyone else.

manmaderam

The one and only
What safety doesn't give up plays? No player is perfect and you can't expect McLeod to be. He's playing good right now and is starting to get the hang of the system just like everyone else.

I agree. Not saying he's terrible. He is playing some very good ball right now.

Firecap

UDFA
Name
Firecap
No matter what you may think of Mark Barron being a box Safety ... He will be the starting Free Safety next year.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I've been a big fan of Rodney McLeod since his rookie year on special teams - kid shows guys and heart and keeps getting better every year

Funny thing is, I actually can't wait for someone like Barron to get anointed starter over him so possibly McLeod will be that ultimate backup utility DB and be appreciated for being a great Ram
I hope he is a Ram for life

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I've been a big fan of Rodney McLeod since his rookie year on special teams - kid shows guys and heart and keeps getting better every year

Funny thing is, I actually can't wait for someone like Barron to get anointed starter over him so possibly McLeod will be that ultimate backup utility DB and be appreciated for being a great Ram
I hope he is a Ram for life
Isn't he or wasn't he a Special Teams Captain? I think he was definitely last year but not sure about this year.