Foles Overjoyed To Be Out Of Philly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And people talking about how bradord will light it up in Kelly's system because foles did. Well Bradford won't have macclin Jackson and McCoy. He's gonna have cooper Matthews and celek, which might be even less than he had here.
That's one reason why I can't say one side won yet.

Have to see how both players adapt to their new offenses.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It is a bit of a head scratcher. I have a Ram fan in Philly, who says Kelly is in panic mode and has no idea what he is doing. Fan in Philly are squirming but then again, what else is new with those fans.

Kelly traded for Bradford and wanted Frank Gore at RB. He claims he would put all of the cap money into the defense because he can plug in anyone to his offense and it will succeed so why is he suddenly being so particular with who he fits into it now.

That's actually a good question, they are going to dissect him on sports radio. I wonder how mentally tough he will be hearing people point out all the flaws in his game, without ever taking a snap for those fans.

Sam will definitely have a lot to deal with in Philly, plus one player who had a knee injury said it takes a full year to get over it mentally, once it is healed. Sam has a lot on his plate. So does Kelly for that matter. I know the guy is arrogant but he walked on water up in Oregon. I wonder when the Eagles fans will drive him out of town. I predict in another year.

I don't think he'll have a problem with that, or the game plans. I think his only problem will be the knee. If that is a non issue, I think he'll have great success. Basically same thing as here. He doesn't strike me as a guy who pays much attention to the stuff on the side.

Again, I think it was Thomas Davis who said that after the knee is healed it still takes a year to get over it mentally, meaning not thinking about it while you are playing. That is going to be a big hurdle IMO.

And people talking about how bradord will light it up in Kelly's system because foles did. Well Bradford won't have macclin Jackson and McCoy. He's gonna have cooper Matthews and celek, which might be even less than he had here.

Cooper, Matthews and Celek are still a pretty good group. Plus he has Sproles. I might say the Eagles still have better weapons than the Rams. It is hard to believe they had McCoy, and Jackson on top of all of that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's one reason why I can't say one side won yet.

Have to see how both players adapt to their new offenses.

I disagree. I think the Rams won the trade only because they were looking at releasing Sam if he has one more injury, or if he played great this year but wanted too much money. Instead they got a 2nd round pick for him. With Foles, the Eagles still could have traded him to a team and probably gotten a 2nd or third rounder for him. Instead they trade him and give up a good pick for a QB that may not play a full season, and if he does will be very expensive to sign next year, with a still looming injury history.

I am probably just biased but I hate having my team rely on players with injury histories. It brings hollow hope and almost always ends in disappointment. I want players that I can count on even if they are not quite as good as the guys with the injuries. You can have the greatest QB of all time and if he doesn't ever play then you have nothing.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Living in the Philly area I am loving this off season. A ton of my boys are on suicide watch at this point and seeing that I already got the double Foles jersey and am wearing it at work make it even sweeter!!!
10985379_10153265512297873_5123951762133157284_n.jpg

You Sir are a genius.

I'm going to apologize for borrowing your idea.. Because I'm going to be doing the exact same thing with my brothers Donald jersey.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Living in the Philly area I am loving this off season. A ton of my boys are on suicide watch at this point and seeing that I already got the double Foles jersey and am wearing it at work make it even sweeter!!!
10985379_10153265512297873_5123951762133157284_n.jpg

I don't understand. Why Foles Foles? Is he number 9?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

I may be wrong but it sure seems that Foles used Cooper as much or more than Jackson and Maclin. Cooper should do for SB what Amendola did when he was healthy only Cooper may be more of a deep threat than Amendola ever was.

jjab360

Legend
I may be wrong but it sure seems that Foles used Cooper as much or more than Jackson and Maclin. Cooper should do for SB what Amendola did when he was healthy only Cooper may be more of a deep threat than Amendola ever was.
Except Cooper and Amendola's build and playing styles are completely different, they really only have one thing in common...

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Cooper, Matthews and Celek are still a pretty good group. Plus he has Sproles. I might say the Eagles still have better weapons than the Rams. It is hard to believe they had McCoy, and Jackson on top of all of that.

And Maclin!!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I have a friend who's an Eagle fan and I asked her about it. Nearly every fan thinks this trade was terrible and thinks Bradford is terrible.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I am probably just biased but I hate having my team rely on players with injury histories. It brings hollow hope and almost always ends in disappointment. I want players that I can count on even if they are not quite as good as the guys with the injuries. You can have the greatest QB of all time and if he doesn't ever play then you have nothing.
+1000

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
^^^ This

A re-signed Britt, a healthy Quick, plus TA and Bailey should prove to be a formidable WR corps -- it's time to focus on upgrading the O-Line.

This is tough...

Cooper or White has to be the pick at 10 because Scherff is not even close to Warmack a couple years ago.

Tough call, but I agree we don't have a big need for a WR.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's odd when a player's agent blatantly says he's happy to get out of a team. Usually it's some damn cliche like "I respect the opportunity the Eagles organization gave me blah blah blah now it's time to start a new chapter blah blah".

jjab360

Legend
It's odd when a player's agent blatantly says he's happy to get out of a team. Usually it's some damn cliche like "I respect the opportunity the Eagles organization gave me blah blah blah now it's time to start a new chapter blah blah".
When did his agent say that?

Athos

Legend
I would too.

Philly seems like hell on earth for athletes.

Bitch ass Philly fans were the ones who were shining laser pointers in the eyes of the St. Louis Cardinals.

They also threw batteries at JD Drew.

Granted, Phillies vs. Eagles.

But still.

I'd hate Philly too.