Foles' Mechanics are Way Off

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...413?mb_edition=5203&linksrc=mb_favorites_head

Interesting topic.....which leads me to why was this guy extended? Without ONE game? No real bullets flying...makes me go, hmmmmmm?!?!:unsure:
o_O:thinking::mrburns::cautious::cautious::wtf::wtf::palm::palm::palm::palm::notsure::notsure::notsure::notsure::notsure:

Nick Foles’ 2013 season could go down as the ultimate anomaly
Originally posted on This Given Sunday | By Brad Gagnon | Last updated 11/19/15
Tweet

8912840.jpg

It's unbelievable to think that Nick Foles put up a historic 2013 campaign given he's now been benched by the Rams. Bruce Kluckhohn-USA TODAY Sports
Sunday in Baltimore, Case Keenum will start for the St. Louis Rams. That’s because Nick Foles — who just two years ago posted the best touchdown-to-interception ratio and the third-best passer rating in NFL history while also leading the league with a 9.1 yards-per-attempt average — has been benched.

How is it possible that in 13 games in 2013 Foles was statistically the best quarterback in football and has been mediocre at every other point? It’s an enigma that might go down as the ultimate example of why small sample sizes can’t be trusted in professional football.

Last year, Foles was the league’s seventh lowest-rated qualified passer, and he ranked 30th among 33 qualifiers before being sent to the bench by Jeff Fisher this season. In fact, he was similarly ineffective prior to his standout season, posting a measly 79.1 passer rating in seven appearances (six starts) as a rookie with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2012.

My best guess? Foles was in the right place at the right time when opposing defenses still weren’t completely aware of what exactly new Eagles head coach and offensive mastermind Chip Kelly was bringing to the table. With Philly’s running game on fire during an incredible season from LeSean McCoy and defenses guessing with Kelly, Foles was able to benefit from playing behind a stacked offensive line while throwing to guys like DeSean Jackson and Riley Cooper.

But then that line lost some luster, defenses figured Kelly out, Jackson was traded and McCoy’s play dropped off. And suddenly Foles’ flaws were exposed. And yet the Rams were silly enough to trade for him anyway and give him a three-year, $27 million contract.

Stupid Rams.

It's kinda irritating when writers name call....but this topic made me think...poor mechanics and they extend this guy in the pre-season....doesn't make sense....Whoever is resposible needs to lose some privileges...something....get him away from ANY QB evals.

http://fansided.com/2015/11/20/nfl-five-teams-prepped-late-season-collapse/4/
After months of speculation and prognostication, the winner of the Sam Bradford-Nick Foles trade appears to be any team that has the good fortune of playing either of them. At least Bradford has the excuse of his receivers seemingly having heads of cabbage for hands. Nick Foles has been just plain awful.

Foles has missed his open throws constantly throughout 2015, and when those open throws aren’t there, he has failed in making the proper route progressions. Too often, Foles will stare down his primary receiver and either force the ball in or dump it off to a running back for a short gain. This has limited the capabilities of the Rams offense and has forced the team to become more reliant on rookie running back Todd Gurley.

The big issue with Foles in the past has been his inability to handle pressure in the pocket. This was demonstrated most clearly in Philadelphia, when in his breakout year he enjoyed an almost entirely clear pocket (119.2 QBR, 0.6% INT rate ), then in his second regressed heavily following injuries and instability on that line (81.4 QBR, 3.2% INT rate). In St. Louis, where offensive line instability is the legacy of a generation, Foles has had “happy feet” in the pocket and hasn’t found any comfort going through his reads.

Last edited:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Even Tony Banks' 14 game rookie season is looking good right now compared to the holes that hit Foles. :(

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please indulge me with an explanation of the differences then.

You blamed Weinke. I said we don't have enough info to know whether or not this is something that is within Weinke's control. Bringing in Foles is the fault of Fisher and the FO. They deserve blame for it. But singling out Weinke seems a bit unfair to me when he only can do so much during the season.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
You blamed Weinke. I said we don't have enough info to know whether or not this is something that is within Weinke's control. Bringing in Foles is the fault of Fisher and the FO. They deserve blame for it. But singling out Weinke seems a bit unfair to me when he only can do so much during the season.
here's what I said...
I don't understand how this can be happening under Weinke?
Shouldn't this have been recognized and addressed in the off-season? At what point do you put this on the coaches?