Foles + #10 and future pick for Mariota?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Have not been on here much lately, so not sure if this was discussed, but with talk of Rivers going to the Titans, maybe Foles and pick 10 plus a pick next year might be enticing to Tenn?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Rather offer that same deal to the chargers for Rivers. I would be a little scared to trade Foles to move up to get Mariota. That pretty much locks him into the starting role from day one. If we do somehow pull off a trade to get him it would be nice for him to be able to sit behind Foles for a year before getting thrown to the wolves.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Why do you people think Mariota is the next Peyton Manning? Foles is a good young QB. You would trade Foles, #10 AND a 2016 pick? Good lord. While were at it, maybe we should trade Quinn for Winston too. Then we can.have two rookie QBs to fail miserably.

V3

Hall of Fame
Rather offer that same deal to the chargers for Rivers. I would be a little scared to trade Foles to move up to get Mariota. That pretty much locks him into the starting role from day one. If we do somehow pull off a trade to get him it would be nice for him to be able to sit behind Foles for a year before getting thrown to the wolves.
Why offer two picks that would/should offer 5+ years of quality play for a QB that most likely has two quality years left, tops? We aren't one player away, IMO.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Why offer two picks that would/should offer 5+ years of quality play for a QB that most likely has two quality years left, tops? We aren't one player away, IMO.

If truly believe if the rams traded for rivers and used the rest of the draft and FA dollars to fix the oline that this team would be competing and winning a superbowl this year or next. I'm ok with that.

Athos

Legend
No.

Mariota will not be ready for the NFL this year. I think Bortles last year was more ready and he didn't exactly have a stellar year.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not saying I would do it, Fisher may not want to do it, but maybe Kronke would want a chance to get a potential young star QB.

I am hoping Foles is the answer although I think he may be just ok, kind of like Alex Smith, just different type of skill set, but still limited. i hope they beef up the OL in this draft, but Stan may have other ideas.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Why trade for Mariota when it's possible that he could fall to us? Let him learn behind Foles for a year.