Fmr Browns coach Rutigliano: "relaxing NFL rules on marijuana would be a 'catastrophe"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Interesting and confusing both at the same time.

I liked meditating because it cleared my mind. Just like I like doing stone masonry, it is therapeutic. But I don't think I have trivial irrational thoughts to clear up. Doing the dishes sucks, but it isn't so bad that I stress over it. I just do it. The Master does his work and moves on. You accept that it is to be done because it is there. And you do not admire your work when it is done. Just move onto the next task....until the Rams Game comes on, or Game of Thrones or Vikings, or The Walking Dead.

I got all of that from the Tsoa.

Not sure what Tsoa is but that's good stuff. The stone masonry work is very meditative.

We have the same taste in TV. :D

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Hard to believe someone who meditates never heard of the Tao Te Ching.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I really got into the translations of the Doa or Toa. But through translation it can get a bit contradictory. For instance there is no good or bad, there just is. A man is not good or bad. He just is.

Then later: What is a bad man, but a good mans job. What is a good man, but a bad mans teacher.

Overall it makes a lot of sense and I have some favorite parts from it. But I must say for the little bit of writing that it consists of, it can take quite a bit of thought to understand it. Especially when it says the Tao cannot be taught. It just is.

I have two copies of the Gita also. One is an original English Translation and the other is a theoretical translation that explains what is actually being said. It is interesting and pretty much reflective of the Tao in many ways. Ghandi lived by the Bhagavad Gita. It was his guiding light. I wish I had these interests in different religions when I was in college. I loved the philosophy classes but never really looked into theism. Right now with small children I barely have time nor energy to read past necessity. This forum is my only source of reading material lately.