Florio: Should the Rams draft a QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[nbc]50944460[/nbc]
<a class="postlink" href="http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc-sports/50944460" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc-sports/50944460</a>

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Saw this earlier and it made me chuckle. As you know, I have been critical of Bradford about certain aspects of his game, but to say Fisher only kept him because of his salary is ludicrous. Irresponsible reporting in fact... even for that twat whistle.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Faceplant said:
Saw this earlier and it made me chuckle. As you know, I have been critical of Bradford about certain aspects of his game, but to say Fisher only kept him because of his salary is ludicrous. Irresponsible reporting in fact... even for that twat whistle.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just when I thought I'd heard 'em all.

bluecoconuts

Legend
NO YOU IDIOT

Because you know, Snead dedicating a whopping 0 seconds to looking at QB's wasn't hint enough.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
They're not bothering with the draft QBs cause they're going to trade Sjax, Amendola, Long and Saffold to the Jets for Time Tebow - seriously, it's true, a man down the pub told me ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
They're not bothering with the draft QBs cause they're going to trade Sjax, Amendola, Long and Saffold to the Jets for Time Tebow - seriously, it's true, a man down the pub told me ;)
Well, since this is now on the internet, it has to be true.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
shaunpinney said:
Well, since this is now on the internet, it has to be true.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc[/youtube]

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Why the hell not? Does it hurt to have a #2 and/or #3 QB on the roster that you're developing? Nope. I really like the look of Austin Davis, the dude will still be pretty raw, but IF something were to happen to Bradford, he's got a livewire for an arm and could maybe step in. Hell, if he shows well in the pre-season, that's potential trade-bait. So it's good to have another young arm behind him.

If it works for teams like the Patriots, Eagles, Whiners and Broncos; why the hell couldn't the Rams give it a whirl. Nothing wrong with investing a later pick IMO.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Warner4Prez said:
Why the hell not? Does it hurt to have a #2 and/or #3 QB on the roster that you're developing? Nope. I really like the look of Austin Davis, the dude will still be pretty raw, but IF something were to happen to Bradford, he's got a livewire for an arm and could maybe step in. Hell, if he shows well in the pre-season, that's potential trade-bait. So it's good to have another young arm behind him.

If it works for teams like the Patriots, Eagles, Whiners and Broncos; why the hell couldn't the Rams give it a whirl. Nothing wrong with investing a later pick IMO.

I don't disagree with the notion of drafting a developmental QB at all. My issue was Snorio's claim that Bradford was only starting last year due to his salary....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Warner4Prez said:

I think they're going to have to at least investigate adding another arm to the team, but Snead already said it won't be in this draft because he didn't invest any time into evaluating any of them. I'm with you that every player should be challenged, and it's ALWAYS good to have a contingency plan in the event of injury. Hopefully Davis has a nice camp and continues to evolve. He looks the part and is pretty mobile with a good arm. Maybe he's the dude and we just don't know it. If we go into the season with just two QBs, that's gonna make me nervous. There are some nasty defenses in our division right now.

nighttrain

Legend
Warner4Prez said:

6th or 7th round, and fisher/Snead see someone they like better that what we have as backups, why not?
train

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
They love Austin Davis, have already moved him to #2.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Should the Rams draft a QB?

No.

Didn't even watch or hit the link.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Geez................Florio........wow......anything to gin up viewers.

Wow.......

lasvegasrams

Rookie
i would only be upset if it is an attempt to replace bradford (which i know they wont), but would not be upset if as a backup

…..

Legend
Florio isnt far off....the rams are married to bradford and that rediculous contract...I agree with that 100%. I think we can all agree that we arent getting adequate value from that deal just yet....but none of that is why Bradford played last year.

We're playing Bradford because he gives us the best opportunity to win. Contract or no contract, if Fisher doesnt think Bradford is our best option, then you can expect to see the next man up. I'm sure its really that simple in Fishers skull.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I didnt view the link but about a month or so on the radio they actually said the samething. They were saying they wouldnt be mad if the Rams picked one up in the 3rd or 4th round.... I disagree tho becuase we have other needs like playmakers. And that would be more of a luxary pick (i.e. Ryan Mallet and the Pats).