Florio: Raiders Reinforce ‘Laughing Stock’ Reputation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
After voiding the contract of Rodger Saffold, the Oakland Raiders continue to prove their “laughing stock” persona among NFL organizations. Mike Florio says the only way for the Raiders to come back from this mishap is to splurge on guys like Justin Tuck or LaMarr Woodley. (1:47)

Watch Florio Talk Saffold Deal

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Splurge?

I'm glad they indian gave, unheard of, and Saffold returned. I was having a mini crisis over it and have been joyous ever since his return..

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Splurge?

I'm glad they indian gave, unheard of, and Saffold returned. I was having a mini crisis over it and have been joyous ever since his return..
Dude...he failed their physical. Not like we're out of the woods just yet. We have a hurt Saffold and Long to go with a banged up Wells right now.
I'm glad he's back as well but have no issues with OAK voiding his contract

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Dude...he failed their physical. Not like we're out of the woods just yet. We have a hurt Saffold and Long to go with a banged up Wells right now.
I'm glad he's back as well but have no issues with OAK voiding his contract

He passed the Rams doctors, Also passed the Raiders doctor who gave him a physical. The failed injury is just an excuse by Davis to get out of the bad contract McKenzie offered him.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
He passed the Rams doctors, Also passed the Raiders doctor who gave him a physical. The failed injury is just an excuse by Davis to get out of the bad contract McKenzie offered him.
Does that really sound reasonable given their o-line issues? The contract was what it was given the market, I can;t see the GM sleepin on it and waking up with buyers remorse that badly

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Does that really sound reasonable given their o-line issues? The contract was what it was given the market, I can;t see the GM sleepin on it and waking up with buyers remorse that badly

Come on KY. we are talking about the Raiders and little Al Jnr! :)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I was laughing with joy...

Thank you for craw fishing, OAK. I REALLY appreciate it. Now continue on your weird ways of failing...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

It wasn't the Market, Valdeer and Albert were given lesser contracts to start at LT. Albert is also a better LT, Valdeer is debatable. The contract over paid him plane and simple. The Raiders signed a RT and seem to already have a LT ready that they like. Even if they didn't have someone to play LT, they seemed ready for Saffold to play guard, so they could address LT with Robinson/Matthews in the draft. It was a bad deal they gave him. I could be wrong and you could be right. But there doctor did clear him. And I don't think it was the GM's decision, seems like it was Davis's over ruling him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think the GM was having the real buyers remorse. Sounds like it was Davis. Allegedly, the Rams AND Raiders doctors were ok with the MRIs and such but Davis stepped in, went over his GM's head, and nixed the deal. Sounds about right. From many accounts I have heard, Mark is consumed by proving to everyone that he can walk in his daddy's shoes. Consequently he has his fingers in everything.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
"LAUGHING STOCK Reputation"... LOL

I have to find a way to use that in some conversation tomorrow.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't think the GM was having the real buyers remorse. Sounds like it was Davis. Allegedly, the Rams AND Raiders doctors were ok with the MRIs and such but Davis stepped in, went over his GM's head, and nixed the deal. Sounds about right. From many accounts I have heard, Mark is consumed by proving to everyone that he can walk in his daddy's shoes. Consequently he has his fingers in everything.
Respect to you and Tron - you have more info then I on this #imnotworthy

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not a lot more info but I have several friends that are Raiduh fan. My uncle also used to have season tickets and was a business associate of Al's. It may have nothing to do with this situation at all but he sees Mark as a total knucklehead that really believes his dad is up there judging him. That and my Raiduh fan buddies can't stand the twit. So - take that as it is. Even though they are my friends, just talking to a Raiduh fan about football is like spending a day at the PD board.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Some of us just have more time on our hands and use it on this and read everything we can into it lol. I come here for all my rams news anyway and learn the most from this site. None of us are worthy of the greatness this site brings us all.
not-worthy.gif