Florio: A Rams Conspiracy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Rams may be leaking workouts again, but which one(s) are they hiding?
Posted by Mike Florio on April 30, 2014

rams1.jpg
Getty Images

The draft is approaching. Which means that teams are conducting eleventh-hour workouts with prospects.

Which means that the Rams possibly have commenced the annual process of leaking to the media the names of players they’ll be working out. The last two years, they opted to slip the information to the public via Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. This year, a broader cut of reporters have been sharing details on Wednesday about the team’s final itinerary before the draft arrives.

The challenge is to ignore the names likely leaked by the team and to wonder who else will be getting a workout. Two years ago, the Rams concealed their workouts of receivers A.J. Jenkins and Brian Quick by leaking details of workouts with Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, and Kendall Wright. (The good news? The 49ers took Jenkins before the Rams could get him in round two. The bad news? They got Quick.)

Last year, word got out (without a leak from St. Louis) of the team’s visit to Morgantown to work out receiver Tavon Austin. But the Rams managed to keep quiet their workout of teammate Stedman Bailey, who was drafted in round three.

This year, reports are linking the Rams to the Big Three from Texas A&M (Jake Matthews, Johnny Manziel, and Mike Evans) and Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron. Also, Jason Cole reports that key decision makers are traveling via private jet for offensive lineman workouts at Notre Dame, Michigan, “OSU” (we assume Ohio State), and Tennessee.

If the team has leaked those, the real question is whether there are other names out there we don’t know about.

Then again, maybe the Rams have gone next level this year, leaking the names of the guys in which they are actually interested.

So basically we still don’t know what the Rams or anyone else will do. Thankfully, it’s only eight days until we find out.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
So in simple terms we have no clue what's going on so let's write crap about nothing the means nothing screw it I'm bored

Slappy967

Starter
Man I hope we come out of the draft with another Brian Quick. I do like Team Snishers yearly covert draft special ops missions.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel like they're going to Tennesee to workout the Richardson-James duo. And personally, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we end up drafting Ja'Wuan James on draft day.

V3

Hall of Fame
So in simple terms we have no clue what's going on so let's write crap about nothing the means nothing screw it I'm bored

This is what happens when you move the draft back 2 weeks. It was already bad before.

Slappy967

Starter
My apologies for forgetting the blue, shan't happen again. If we can't find another Brian Quick maybe we can draft the 2nd coming of Lawrence Phillips! Oh wait forgot the blue again, I am Billy Devaneying my responses.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I seriously also heard the Rams and Frank Cignetti went to Manziels parents house for dinner tonight. Apparently they shared a plate of crab legs which unfortunately were stolen. He is now off the Rams board. Only until Friday when he will be back on and apparently Houston will hold us hostage making us trade up to #1 overall for him. This will force us to give up Robert Quinn. This just in... I'm hearing it's not Quinn, but Chris Long, a 4th round pick in 2016, and a Pisa Tinoisamoa signed jersey.