Five Rams rank among PFF's top 45 free agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/26930/five-rams-rank-among-pffs-top-45-free-agents
  • i

Nick WagonerESPN Staff Writer
EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The Los Angeles Rams have no shortage of unrestricted free agents this offseason. At this point, they're working to get deals done with key players like cornerbacks Trumaine Johnson and Janoris Jenkins and safeties Mark Barron and Rodney McLeod.

But with free agency set to open in a few weeks, it can be hard to get players to re-sign before they test the market. There's a negotiating window that opens just before the new league year actually starts but the reality is that a lot of talks will heat up at next week's NFL scouting combine.

Earlier this week, Pro Football Focus unveiled its list of the top 75 free agents for 2016. Given how many free agents the Rams have, it's no surprise they had multiple names on the list. In fact, they had five players within the top 45.

Nick Fairley was the highest rated at No. 22. While his numbers didn't show it, PFF thought highly of his down to down pressure and the job he did in a limited role. Defensive end William Hayes (No. 32), Johnson (No. 40), Jenkins (No. 41) and Barron (No. 45) also landed on the list.

The Rams would like to keep all of those players and will likely have the cap space to make it happen but it might not be realistic to do so and also bolster the offense, which is in dire need of attention and resources.

In an ideal world, the Rams will be able to get two or three deals done before free agency opens. We'll find out soon enough if they can make that happen.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jenkins and Johnson at 40 and 41?? Lol...I hope every NFL team rates them that low. I think they're both better than Sean Smith.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm for them being ranked as low as possible. In fact someone petition to have them removed from the list. :whistle:

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
This is one time I won't complain about our players getting shafted.Don't know if other teams look much less use those rankings on players.But if they do, those rankings and probowl snubs will help keep the salary down.