Five NFL Pass Rushes To Fear in 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Five NFL Pass Rushes To Fear in 2014

by Erik Lambert 1h ago

http://nflmocks.com/2014/06/22/five-nfl-pass-rushes-fear-2014/

Nothing can wreck devastation on an NFL offense more than a pass rush. Which ones could be the very best in 2014?

Von Miller and Demarcus Ware – Denver Broncos

On paper this new duo looks devastating. Von Miller in his prime and the ever-effective veteran Demarcus Ware joining forces. Granted, there are a lot of questions to sort through. Can Miller stay healthy and out of trouble? Is Ware getting a little too old? Valid points. At the same time, both have never been able to play across from a player of each others’ caliber before. Combine that with the likelihood of see a lot of leads courtesy of Peyton Manning and these two could wreck havoc for the Denver Broncos.

J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney – Houston Texans

The potential of this pairing is downright ludicrous. J.J. Watt by himself is probably the best pass rusher in the entire NFL. Now throw in Jadeveon Clowney, arguably the most freakishly athletic specimen to come out of college in a decade and the Houston Texans have the makings of a true unstoppable pass rush. Obviously Clowney has some issues to work through, namely his health and questions of his motor. Still, with Watt there to guide him there is no reason to think he can’t adapt quickly. If they even reach a third of their potential together, quarterbacks everywhere will cower in fear.

Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers – Green Bay Packers

It’s really hard to bet against two players who have 12 Pro Bowls between them. Indeed there is no question the pairing of Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers has a chance to take offenses by storm. However, it’s important to note some things have to go in their favor. Matthews must get over recent health issues. He has missed ten games over the past three seasons with a variety of ailments. Peppers must prove he can play at his customary level despite being 34-years old and coming off an underwhelming final season in Chicago. It’s a lot to ask for, but the Packers have a history of making it work.

Robert Quinn and Chris Long – St. Louis Rams

It was one of the best NFL groups in 2013 and should be again this season. Robert Quinn has evolved into one of the best pure quarterback killers in the game, posting 19 sacks last year alone. His wingman Chris Long proved an able supported with 8.5 of his own. Each is still under the age of 30 and have help coming in the guise of rookie defensive tackle Aaron Donald, viewed as the best interior pass rusher coming out of college. His presence could create even more opportunities for Quinn and Long, which might be misconstrued as unfair.

Tamba Hali and Justin Houston – Kansas City Chiefs

There were more than two players who made the defense of the Kansas City Chiefs so effective in 2013, but the core of that success came from the disruptive ability of outside linebackers Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. Together they posted 22 sacks last season, and that was with Houston missing five games and Hali missing one. How much better could they be if they can complete a full campaign together? That is what the Chiefs want to find out and the rest of the NFL doesn’t.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
I like the list, but when you factor in Greg William's mad scientist scheme and Brockers/Donald/Langford interior push, it should have started and ended with THE RAMS>
Damn I'm looking forward to this year!!
HIT SOMEBODY!

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Well, our Oline will be facing the best in the league in practice, so hopefully, they will know how to respond. Every little bit helps!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
2usto34.jpg

SierraRam

Recreational User
The DE's are only part of our pass rushing threat. (Albeit, a big one)

We have the best DL depth in the NFL; a mad scientist DC; Ogletree looking to break out; and our first two DB draft picks made their name blitzing the QB.

Houston MIGHT have the best duo - we'll have the best pass rush

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I don't understand why the KC pass rush is ranked ahead of the rams. That duo had 22 sacks between them. So?? Quinn and Long had 27.5 between them not to mention like 6 forced fumbles. And they manage to stay healthy.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ogletree and Joyner will will also be show cased through multiple blitz packages.

You line up Carrington to Donald and you may not have to bring anybody lol.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't understand why the KC pass rush is ranked ahead of the rams. That duo had 22 sacks between them. So?? Quinn and Long had 27.5 between them not to mention like 6 forced fumbles. And they manage to stay healthy.
I don't think he was listing them in any specific order. I think he was just putting them all out there and happened to place the Rams 4th. Otherwise, I would think they'd be first

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

I think it's the fact that when the KC duo is on the field, their production is on par with ours, and in their scheme they have to play coverage as well, playing in space. Their scheme also makes things like sacks easier, however, and they often played with more leads than we did. But it's all relative. We have the better players, but they have to do more in their D (and aren't too much worse than Quinn and Long).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hate to say this, but this guy made a mistake by not including the Panthers. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy at DE, Star Lotulelei and Kawann Short at DT, and now they've added Kony Ealy? They're going to have a dominant pass-rush again this season, barring injuries.

Also, I have to disagree on Hali and Houston being the reason why Houston's pass-rush was so successful. The Chiefs main reason for success was Dontari Poe wreaking absolute havoc at the line of scrimmage; he was easily the best 3-4 nose tackle in the league last year.