Five Best Quarterbacks in Ram History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
1. Kurt Warner
2. Bob Waterfield
3. Norm Van Brocklin
4. Roman Gabriel
5. Jim Everett

I have this dream that in a year or two we'll be talking about Foles for this list. Then again, I once had a dream that I was eating a breakfast cereal called "Helpless Otter". (True story.)

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
When a team like the Ram's have 2 QB's in the HOF and another ( Warner ) who will be in the HOF, any argument that doesn't have them top 3 in whatever order is not only invalid it's wrong.

Bulger and Everett are 4 & 5, then a drop off to Gabriel and the rest.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The only thing that matters is, where does Austin Davis go on the list?:(

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The RGIII trade just might go down as the trade that propelled the Rams to a dynasty. Remember when Jimmy Johnson traded Herschel Walker for all those picks and he parlayed them into a very good team?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only thing that matters is, where does Austin Davis go on the list?:(

A tad above Scott Covington!
upload_2015-9-19_22-36-24.jpeg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
1. Norm Van Brocklin (giving him the slightest edge over Warner because he did what he did without the help of a guy like Marshall Faulk in the backfield, and he holds the record for most passing yards in a game.)
2. Kurt Warner (orchestrated the GSOT)
3. Bob Waterfield (Hall of Famer, was probably one of the few successful platoon quarterbacks in the NFL along with Van Brocklin.)
4. Roman Gabriel (another great quarterback.)
5. Marc Bulger (I know this is controversial, but with a good offensive line and Steven Jackson, Bulger was actually quite good for a time. Great accuracy. Got the famous deer-in-the-headlights look and never recovered. I'll replace him with Nick Foles eventually.)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The RGIII trade just might go down as the trade that propelled the Rams to a dynasty. Remember when Jimmy Johnson traded Herschel Walker for all those picks and he parlayed them into a very good team?

That was in like the 1800's though right.

The sheer understatement of that post is bordering on foolishness.........

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
1. Norm Van Brocklin (giving him the slightest edge over Warner because he did what he did without the help of a guy like Marshall Faulk in the backfield, and he holds the record for most passing yards in a game.)Note; Van Brocklin had Crazy Legs Hirsch and Tommy Fears. And he was Back-up to Waterfield while Waterfield was with the Team!
2. Kurt Warner (orchestrated the GSOT)Warner had a LOT of Talent around him. If he hadn't he wouldn't have been as successful!
3. Bob Waterfield (Hall of Famer, was probably one of the few successful platoon quarterbacks in the NFL along with Van Brocklin.)Waterfield QB'd the Rams 1945 Championship Team Befor Van Brocklin ever came to the Team And he QB'd the 1951 Championship Team!
4. Roman Gabriel (another great quarterback.)
5. Marc Bulger (I know this is controversial, but with a good offensive line and Steven Jackson, Bulger was actually quite good for a time. Great accuracy. Got the famous deer-in-the-headlights look and never recovered. I'll replace him with Nick Foles eventually.)
I forgive your Ignorance because of your youth, nothing personal! But Waterfield was head and shoulders above Van Brocklin! I watch them both Play!!
And Everett Holds the Team Passing Yards Record! (23,758 Yds!)

Last edited:

Penguin.

Rookie
Sam and Bulger could have been very good. Bulger played where a team couldn't block a defense if they had an hour to build a wall to protect their QB, and Sam had a wide receiving core whose hands could be compared to digital clocks. Protip: Digital clocks don't have hands.

Are any of the receivers that Sam had in his beginning years still in the NFL?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Sam and Bulger could have been very good. Bulger played where a team couldn't block a defense if they had an hour to build a wall to protect their QB, and Sam had a wide receiving core whose hands could be compared to digital clocks. Protip: Digital clocks don't have hands.

Are any of the receivers that Sam had in his beginning years still in the NFL?
The receivers he did manage to build a rapport with were all made of glass! Clayton, Robinson, Amendola. They all looked great for a few games at a time, and then could be found on the IR after week 5.

JackKirby

UDFA
Name
JackKirby
Before my time: Van Brocklin & Waterfield / Waterfield was at the helm when the Cleveland Rams beat the Redskins for the NFL Championship in 1945. Van Brocklin was at the helm when The LA Rams beat the Browns for the NFL Championship in 1951.

Just before my time: Billy Wade was a decent QB on terrible teams. (My old man bought season seats when the Rams moved west in 1946 seven years before I was born.)

Roman Gabriel was a decent QB and played on good teams but the Ram defense was the featured attraction during his tenure. Watched every one of his games.

I'll go with Ferragamo since he got us to the Super Bowl in 1979/1980. If he hadn't had thrown the pick to Jack Lambert, we would've won the game (and Waddy was wide open in the endzone and he didn't see him. I was at the game in the end zone and yelled my head off hoping Ferragamo would hear.

Until the so-called "phantom sack" against the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game in 1989, Everett was above average. I'd give him a B+.

And Kurt Warner, of course, will always be number one--until some future QB takes us to Super Bowl Glory once again.

I know that's more than five but tough to leave anybody out.