Fitzy Anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I think the Jets have a team designed similarly to the Rams. Strong D (led by the DL) & a strong running game with a bruising back. Now it should be noted that they have significantly more WR talent than us w/Marshall & Decker, but I believe with even a slight upgrade at WR we can make the playoffs.

QB was our only position holding us back from the playoffs in 2015. We could have actually gotten by with our WR/TE talent. Fitzpatrick is better than any of the 3 QBs on our roster in 2015 imo. Bring him in and let him compete with whichever QB (I hope) we draft in the first 2 rounds. He's an experienced vet with a solid resume and is an ideal bridge QB that can play until our rookie is ready.

I also find it hard to believe he's going to return to NY due to week 17 and I doubt he commands a hefty contract due to his age.

What say you?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Now that the Rams are moving to LA, I still want to see if Drew Brees is going to shake loose from NO.

Frankly, I'd have a "friend of a friend" try to shake that tree to facilitate that process...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think the Jets have a team designed similarly to the Rams. Strong D (led by the DL) & a strong running game with a bruising back. Now it should be noted that they have significantly more WR talent than us w/Marshall & Decker, but I believe with even a slight upgrade at WR we can make the playoffs.

QB was our only position holding us back from the playoffs in 2015. We could have actually gotten by with our WR/TE talent. Fitzpatrick is better than any of the 3 QBs on our roster in 2015 imo. Bring him in and let him compete with whichever QB (I hope) we draft in the first 2 rounds. He's an experienced vet with a solid resume and is an ideal bridge QB that can play until our rookie is ready.

I also find it hard to believe he's going to return to NY due to week 17 and I doubt he commands a hefty contract due to his age.

What say you?
He started with the Rams, and he's much better now! I could see giving him a try-out!!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
He started with the Rams, and he's much better now! I could see giving him a try-out!!

I don't for a minute think he would try out for any team...He's a known entity, sign or don't...Pretty cut and dried I think...Unless I don't understand what you mean by a try out..

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't for a minute think he would try out for any team...He's a known entity, sign or don't...Pretty cut and dried I think...Unless I don't understand what you mean by a try out..
What I was saying is, sign him to a short-turm contract to start.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We dont have a Brandon Marshall though, I'd take that into account too.
He wouldn't even be asked to do as much as he did in NY. Just his ability to hit open receivers in stride and make accurate throws makes him an immediate upgrade over any of the 3 QBs on our roster. How many more games could we have won this year with even a slightly above average QB vs well below average? My mind goes immediately to the Minnesota, Baltimore, and SF games. That's the difference between 10-6 & 9-7 in this league.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
He wouldn't even be asked to do as much as he did in NY. Just his ability to hit open receivers in stride and make accurate throws makes him an immediate upgrade over any of the 3 QBs on our roster. How many more games could we have won this year with even a slightly above average QB vs well below average? My mind goes immediately to the Minnesota, Baltimore, and SF games. That's the difference between 10-6 & 9-7 in this league.

Yea thats true but I'm just saying we cant count out the fact Marshall was on fire this year, we dont have a Marshall on our roster right now. I'd love him in horns though. Still want Goff overall but if we couldn't get him and we landed Fitzmagic somehow I wouldn't be mad.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Yea thats true but I'm just saying we cant count out the fact Marshall was on fire this year, we dont have a Marshall on our roster right now. I'd love him in horns though. Still want Goff overall but if we couldn't get him and we landed Fitzmagic somehow I wouldn't be mad.
In my ideal world our QBs go:
1. #1 Draft pick
2. Fitz
3. Mannion

WestCoastRam

Legend
His only real success in the league was predicated on playing within Chan Gaily's system, I'd be a little worried having him be a starter not playing in that system. It's a wide-open short-throw spread system and I don't think that's really what we're set up to run.

Like the dude and like the system though but that system would de-prioritize the RB which is our strength.

This raises another concern for me: with kids coming out of college with so little work in pro systems and such limited skill sets, I think success has as much to do with the QBs talent these days as marrying a system to them.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If we go into the season with Case as our starter I think we have problems. If we go into the season with Foles as our number two and Case goes down we got even worse problems.

I wish Fisher would either crap or get off the pot with Mannion. If you drafted a guy in the top 90 at quarterback you had to think he had a chance. If so, give him more reps in camp and promote him to number two. If not, then admit you wasted a 3rd round pick and move on. All you're doing is slowing his development when you limit his reps and make him inactive on game day.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Thing is, going into LA the very first season, we can't rely on retreads. They HAVE to draft a QB or bring in a "sexy" choice to play the position. That city will not put up with a mediocre to below average QB.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Thing is, going into LA the very first season, we can't rely on retreads. They HAVE to draft a QB or bring in a "sexy" choice to play the position. That city will not put up with a mediocre to below average QB.
All the more reason to bring in Fitz. He's better than any QB we have. You draft QB of the future and bring in Fitz to start until he's ready

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?

What say you?
Jets don't have a better option either. He will be back regardless of how abysmal he was v Buffalo when it counted.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It'll be interesting to see how they balance their conservative approach with the need for showmanship, now they are back in LA - you know, like how do they sign a non-flashy Fitzy instead of bringing Brett Favre out of retirement - with all the pressure and burden the press will put on whether or not the Rams have captivating the LA market

I can't wait to see how this all plays out, but I hope they go big for that stud QB in 2016

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
All the more reason to bring in Fitz. He's better than any QB we have. You draft QB of the future and bring in Fitz to start until he's ready
You keep saying that and in 2015 that may have been true but we just don't know what Mannion has got or even Keenum with a full year working with the ones. I think he would have gotten us to at least 9-7 if Foles had never started.

Goff just ain't happening the Rams are not going to trade to #1 overall and he's not THAT good anyway. Probably needs a year in someone's system to get ready and it will likely be in Cleveland. There are no other QBs coming out even remotely close to being ready to start in 2016 and Mannion or Keenum would likely win that battle knowing Fisher's tendencies.

As for Fitz I don't think he's going anywhere and as others mentioned he has only played well under Gailey. Thanks but I'd rather build on Mannion and Keenum.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather use the FA money that would be spent on Fitz on another player. The Rams need to draft a QB in the first round.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wanted Fitzpatrick last season. I'd still take him this year, but he has a good thing going in New York. I doubt he moves.